NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

I read up on FFP and its not about breaking even but no more than. £105m for EPL or €45m for Champions league so I think everyone is okay

I'm OK coz I only spent £2.53 yesterday on some pastries and an energy drink.

As a Doctor, you should know that's bad for your health Bob.

Going to be gutted if Lamps is on loan to City :(

I'm OK coz I only spent £2.53 yesterday on some pastries and an energy drink.

Yes, but you only earn £1.50 a year. Living beyond your means, you digust me, Bob. :mad: (sorry, DR. Bob)

You might be ok though, because I hear that Real Madrid want to buy that energy drink for €65million.

I just realized that I won't be able to watch the Community Shield tomorrow. Thanks a lot BT Sport. :(

Good game @Blade I'm very happy with our start. Sheffield looked good too. See you in the playoffs brother!

Good game @Blade I'm very happy with our start. Sheffield looked good too. See you in the playoffs brother!

We desperately need a striker I thought. But yeah good game, both sides look promising.

Wembley tomorrow! Of the three times I've seen The Arsenal at Wembley the game has ended in a draw after 90 minutes. Bank it.

City look awful defensively today. I know it's not their first eleven, but they are all over the place. I thought Mangala was meant to be signing for them? Can't believe how long that transfer deal has been going on for, seems like it was in the bag at the start of the summer.

Also, lol, forgot Micah Richards even existed. He's never, ever going to make it at City.

City were lethargic for much of the game, I hope that Willy Cabellero isn't harshly judged, I think only the 3rd goal could be attributed to him. David Silva gave them something more going forward in the second half. How Giroud could be Man of the Match is laughable, apart from his goal he did little else, wasn't bad but wasn't the best player on the pitch either, Calum Chambers, Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere were more deserving than him. I hope it's the start of a competitive season for us, the trophy cabinet has finally started to fill up and I hope for more over the next few years.

So the European Super Cup is on this evening. I heard it's on in Cardiff and so automatically presumed it was on in the Millennium Stadium. Switch on the TV and am shocked to see it's on in Cardiff Citys home ground. How on Earth did they get to host this game? Surely a better stadium is more fitting for a game like this? Not that Real Madrid would deserve such treatment.

Wayne Rooney is the new United captain. What a disgrace but I suppose it makes sense. A wanker club like them needs a wanker captain.

Edited by jayseven
fixed the keyboard problem

As a Barcelona fan I'm not sure you're allowed to judge other teams after buying Suarez and Neymars dodgy purchase and Messi's tax dodging.

Typical mouthy Wii.

As a Barcelona fan I'm not sure you're allowed to judge other teams after buying Suarez and Neymars dodgy purchase and Messi's tax dodging.

Typical mouthy Wii.

To be fair though, that's the scummy board. Not a player mugging off the his employer for more dollar every two years. How many times has Rooney 'left' United now? Shit captain.

Yeah, I'm not really over the moon with Rooney being captain. Actually, not looking forward to the start of the season at all now that Shaw is out for four weeks! We bought a great player and a great prospect, but we've also seen so many go. No Giggs, no Evra, no Ferdinand, no Vidic. Our defence looks dire and we still need reinforcements for midfield. One more top, top quality midfielder, at least one defender and a fucking proper right back because Rafael is ALWAYS injured. In fact, considering we're going with a back 3 which will most likely be made up of Evans, Jones and Smalling, we're not being too clever about the whole thing given that all three spend so much time out injured.

Not sure how we've managed it after signing Shaw and Herrera so early, but we've managed to piss away this transfer window. Dunno how we've not managed to add any more to this squad considering that the league starts this Saturday. City bought early, Chelsea bought early, Liverpool bought early, Arsenal bought early. I thought the signings of Shaw and Herrera would be the start, not it. LVG must have seen something with the youngsters that we haven't or he and the board have something spectacular planned.

Read a comment on another forum that says it all really. Paraphrasing, "a Scouser who's made captain when he's mugged the club for every penny he could get and showed no loyalty to anyone but himself. The lads done well".

..not looking forward to the start of the season at all now..

I had been a bit concerned about the season ahead for Liverpool, especially when you consider Suarez is gone. It may just have been a friendly, but the game against Borussia Dortmund on Sunday eased my fears as we played some good stuff in that game :smile:

A lot of people seem to be writing us off going into this season due to losing Suarez but I don't think anyone is really giving enough credit to the rest of the team and how excellent they have been with and without the Uruguayan. I expect Coutinho and Sterling to be even better this year and it would appear that we have made some good signings. I was impressed by Lovren at the weekend :hehe:

We seem to have plenty of depth now and the only real problem is a lack of quality back up for Sturridge. I honestly don't think much of Rickie Lambert, though I'm happy to be proven wrong :indeed: I'm sure we'll get someone else in over the next fortnight, but until it is done I fear we will be too light up front..

I had been a bit concerned about the season ahead for Liverpool, especially when you consider Suarez is gone. It may just have been a friendly, but the game against Borussia Dortmund on Sunday eased my fears as we played some good stuff in that game :smile:

A lot of people seem to be writing us off going into this season due to losing Suarez but I don't think anyone is really giving enough credit to the rest of the team and how excellent they have been with and without the Uruguayan. I expect Coutinho and Sterling to be even better this year and it would appear that we have made some good signings. I was impressed by Lovren at the weekend :hehe:

We seem to have plenty of depth now and the only real problem is a lack of quality back up for Sturridge. I honestly don't think much of Rickie Lambert, though I'm happy to be proven wrong :indeed: I'm sure we'll get someone else in over the next fortnight, but until it is done I fear we will be too light up front..

Not meaning to put a downer on it, but that's twice now where you've played out of your skin and not won the league. The other time was during that season where we pipped you to it, where you beat us 4-1 at Old Trafford. Both seasons Liverpool couldn't have given anything more and still couldn't win the league. The problem is that now Chelsea have strengthened, as have City and Arsenal. We've got a better manager now, too. Liverpool's big moment was last season and I can't see them playing anywhere near as well as they did. Teams will be looking to mark players like Sturridge and Coutinho out of the game.

City look good for the title again, or Chelsea. Between them two really, for now anyway. The likes of us, Liverpool and Arsenal will be challenging for the top four and Spurs, but not sure they have the quality to break into it. Everton are on the fringes, too. That's...City, Chelsea, Us, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton for four places. We really needed to strengthen during this window. Not just with anybody, but with actual quality players.

Not meaning to put a downer on it, but that's twice now where you've played out of your skin and not won the league. The other time was during that season where we pipped you to it, where you beat us 4-1 at Old Trafford. Both seasons Liverpool couldn't have given anything more and still couldn't win the league.

In many ways, I agree that last season was basically our opportunity, but going into the season there weren't too many people who even gave us a prayer of getting into the Champions League spots. You just never know what will happen, and with that top 7 perfectly capable of beating each other, it promises to be another intense season.. and I can't wait :yay:

Unfortunately, I have a niggling feeling that Southampton will somehow beat us on the opening day despite us doing our best to buy their whole team.. :indeed:

In many ways, I agree that last season was basically our opportunity, but going into the season there weren't too many people who even gave us a prayer of getting into the Champions League spots. You just never know what will happen, and with that top 7 perfectly capable of beating each other, it promises to be another intense season.. and I can't wait :yay:

Unfortunately, I have a niggling feeling that Southampton will somehow beat us on the opening day despite us doing our best to buy their whole team.. :indeed:

Oh aye, it's totally unpredictable. I say I'm not looking forward to it, but I am really. Nervous as fuck. Should be a great season. Anything has to be better than the shite I saw last year, aha. :shakehead

If Liverpool can finish top 4 and get out of the group stages of the Champions League, they should be delighted. It takes a long time to build a deep, world class squad and I just hope they can finish top 4 tbh. I'm not really a fan of any premier league team but I love watching Liverpool in the CL..fantastic atmosphere.

Have we got a N-E fantasy football league? If not, I'll get one sorted on the Premier League site :)

I am ridiculously excited for Saturday. Haven't been this hopeful for the start of the season in years. I'm not expecting great things, but believe we could achieve something special this season. Another cup or a decent go at the league and I'll be happy.

Have we got a N-E fantasy football league? If not, I'll get one sorted on the Premier League site :)

do-it.png