NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

"Uruguay forward Luis Suarez has been banned for nine matches and banned for four months "from any football activity" after biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini."

He gets a 9 match international ban plus the four months which means he'll miss a load of club matches as well.

Still not harsh enough.

He gets a 9 match international ban plus the four months which means he'll miss a load of club matches as well.

Still not harsh enough.

Wrong. Yes he's an idiot and it's a horrible act to do but I contest this assertion that he's "bitten" someone. Is Chiellini injured, scarred for life, did he require hospitalization, did he draw blood, take a bite out of him? People love drama and getting out the torches and pitchforks. Led by the British media.

Edited by Wii

Is that a 4 month ban from now, or the start of the season?. It's not harsh enough to be fair, should be banned for life from International Football. And should get a hefty fine, like 6 months wages or something.

Wrong. Yes he's an idiot and it's a horrible act to do but I contest this assertion that he's "bitten" someone. Is Chiellini injured, scarred for life, did he require hospitalization, did he draw blood, take a bite out of him? People love drama and getting out the torches and pitchforks. Led by the British media.

Pipe down. Everyone is talking about it, he's a disgrace.

Bendtner got fined more money for displaying those Paddypower pants, just saying.

Is that a 4 month ban from now, or the start of the season?. It's not harsh enough to be fair, should be banned for life from International Football. And should get a hefty fine, like 6 months wages or something.

Banned for life? Seems very harsh.

Pipe down. Everyone is talking about it, he's a disgrace.

Bendtner got fined more money for displaying those Paddypower pants, just saying.

Bendtner should be banned for being shit. He got a financial hit, that was all.

It's rubbish. All the opposition will be delighted to see Suarez banned.

Is anybody talking about Cameroon against Croatia? No. Why not? Answer, nobody cares. That was a complete disgrace. From Songs deliberate elbow in the back to Benoît Assou-Ekotto headbutting his own player. Nevermind all the dirty challenges they did during the match.

I mentioned last night about Sakkho's deliberate elbow. Anything mentioned today about it? Retrospective action? Not a tap. There's so much that goes unpunished. But hey, it's Suarez. Quick, let's get him and lynch him.

Edited by jayseven
It's spelt "shit" and it's easier to type as well (bonus!)

Its a disgusting and fucking disgraceful thing to do and its the third time he's done it. He hasn't ended a career but its still out right violence on the pitch and he's deserves to be punished for it.

Do this to some random people on the street a few times and see where it gets ya, maybe a little prison time.

-----------------

If he stay on at Liverpool hes going to miss

Friendlies:

16 Jul Brondby (A)

19 Jul Preston (A)

24 Jul AS Roma (A)

28 Jul Olympiacos (A)

31 Jul Man City (A)

03 Aug AC Milan (A)

10 Aug Borussia Dortmund (H)

Season:

16 Aug Southampton (H)

23 Aug Man City (A)

30 Aug Tottenham (A)

13 Sep Aston Villa (H)

20 Sep West Ham (A)

27 Sep Everton (H)

04 Oct West Brom (H)

18 Oct QPR (A)

25 Oct Hull City (H)

Plus 1 or 2 league cup games and 3 CL games.

I bet Liverpool fans right now are piiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed.

Bendtner should be banned for being $h1t. He got a financial hit, that was all.

It's rubbish. All the opposition will be delighted to see Suarez banned.

Is anybody talking about Cameroon against Croatia? No. Why not? Answer, nobody cares. That was a complete disgrace. From Songs deliberate elbow in the back to Benoît Assou-Ekotto headbutting his own player. Nevermind all the dirty challenges they did during the match.

I mentioned last night about Sakkho's deliberate elbow. Anything mentioned today about it? Retrospective action? Not a tap. There's so much that goes unpunished. But hey, it's Suarez. Quick, let's get him and lynch him.

Suarez should be let off because he's some what good? Solid 'scouse' logic there.

Song was punished adequately within the laws of the game. Violent conduct, seen by the ref and was sent off. Assou-Ekotto should have seen a ban. Tackles and challenges are normal occurances during a match and thus are punished accordingly.

To assume that biting someone (FOR THE THIRD TIME!) on a football pitch is expected or normal behaviour is incredibly dim. Lets be fair if he'd have just punched him there'd be less attention. It's because it's a horrible cowardly and disgusting act that everyone is outraged. Then add that he has done this twice before on the football pitch and there is no defending him. I literally can not believe some of the Liverpool fans that are trying to defend Suarez over this. Always the victim, it's never your fault.

Its a disgusting and fucking disgraceful thing to do and its the third time he's done it. He hasn't ended a career but its still out right violence on the pitch and he's deserves to be punished for it.

Do this to some random people on the street a few times and see where it gets ya, maybe a little prison time.

-----------------

If he stay on at Liverpool hes going to miss

Friendlies:

16 Jul Brondby (A)

19 Jul Preston (A)

24 Jul AS Roma (A)

28 Jul Olympiacos (A)

31 Jul Man City (A)

03 Aug AC Milan (A)

10 Aug Borussia Dortmund (H)

Season:

16 Aug Southampton (H)

23 Aug Man City (A)

30 Aug Tottenham (A)

13 Sep Aston Villa (H)

20 Sep West Ham (A)

27 Sep Everton (H)

04 Oct West Brom (H)

18 Oct QPR (A)

25 Oct Hull City (H)

Plus 1 or 2 league cup games and 3 CL games.

I bet Liverpool fans right now are piiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed.

Pony. I've had birds give me worse love bites and I've never had them arrested or suspended.

Lets be fair if he'd have just punched him there'd be less attention.

That's the point though, is biting really worse than punching someone? Fellaini has elbowed more than three people in the face but he isn't banned. Just because elbowing people in the face is more common, doesn't mean it isn't worse.

That's the point though, is biting really worse than punching someone? Fellaini has elbowed more than three people in the face but he isn't banned. Just because elbowing people in the face is more common, doesn't mean it isn't worse.

I'd say yes. Biting puts a person at risk of transferrable disease. Where a punch or elbow (most of the time) doesn't. Biting is also a much more deliberate act than a flailing arm.

Fair enough, you think it's worse. But do you think it's 4 months ban from football worse? I reckon 6 or 7 matches would be enough.

Fair enough, you think it's worse. But do you think it's 4 months ban from football worse? I reckon 6 or 7 matches would be enough.

I think the 4 months is fair but only because of previous. If this was the first incident then I'd have been happy just to see him miss the rest of the tournament.

Oh my god, I can't believe it.

We've signed Ander Herera! A midfielder. Oh my god...could we be filling in that hole in the centre of our team? Haha.

Excited. Apparently Luke Shaw is having a medical today at Carrington?! Two signings in one day...hnnnnnnnnggg.

I'd say yes. Biting puts a person at risk of transferrable disease. Where a punch or elbow (most of the time) doesn't. Biting is also a much more deliberate act than a flailing arm.

It's not a bite. He didn't break the skin. What disease is he going to transfer? Rabies? Hepatitis C? I doubt he has either.

Which would you prefer, a nibble on your shoulder or your nose broken, blood pumping from your face and a disfigured face for the rest of your life? Or maybe you'd like a leg breaker tackle that ends your career? The point of that video is that I think that's one of if not the incident that got the biggest World Cup ban. 8 games and that was it. Elbows can be just as deliberate as a nibble.

I'm not defending his behaviour, it's completely wrong and stupid. I don't agree that the punishment fits the crime.

Edited by Wii

It's not a bite. He didn't break the skin. What disease is he going to transfer? Rabies? Hepatitis C? I doubt he has either.

Which would you prefer, a nibble on your shoulder or your nose broken, blood pumping from your face and a disfigured face for the rest of your life? Or maybe you'd like a leg breaker tackle that ends your career? The point of that video is that I think that's one of if not the incident that got the biggest World Cup ban. 8 games and that was it. Elbows can be just as deliberate as a nibble.

You can get infections that can be very bad from even as little as plaque getting under the skin. I'd take a broken nose over that.

The reason for the severity of the ban is because it's a repeat offense Wii. It's the third time he's done it. There's no excusing it... you're like Serebii defending Nintendo! :p

You can get infections that can be very bad from even as little as plaque getting under the skin. I'd take a broken nose over that.

The reason for the severity of the ban is because it's a repeat offense Wii. It's the third time he's done it. There's no excusing it... you're like Serebii defending Nintendo! :p

That's low. How dare you compare me to that mutant? ;)

Oh so it's not a bite because it didn't break skiiin! Awesome. So is it a punch to the face if it doesn't break the nose? I've got a needle full of blood - no diseases or anything though. Shouldn't be a problem if I just inject a stranger with it eh? Not like I'm transferring diseases or anything! I mean what would you prefer, being stabbed or shot? Because you totally have to choose. If you get stabbed in the street then you have to let the guy off because he didn't mean to stab you, he was just out running with a knife and had a pre-set route that he loves to run - he always runs it. Never takes a detour. Why should he run slightly to the left just because you're standing there reading facebook on your phone? Not like he actually severed any arteries. besides, you weren't shot and left with non-functioning organs were you? See! What's to complain about.

My point?

Quit diminishing the nastiness of one thing just because another nasty thing exists.

Yes I am venting a little because I missed out on the fun in the other thread. But I expect you'll reply in a weak way that overlooks my points and side-steps the meaning because you want to instead address the offensive tone and take it personally rather than treat it as an objective kind of "why do you think the way you do, and why do you think it's the best way to think?" kind of post. Or you'll ignore it altogether because you don't quite know what to say. But because I've said that, there's no chance you'll say nothing as that would be admiting that you were wrong, but you never do that.

Banned for life? Seems very harsh.

Considering this is the 3rd time he's bitten a player, i think it's fitting he should be banned for life (least from International football).

With every offence he has had an increased ban. Makes complete sense.

Looking forward to seeing what Liverpool does.

Stat:Suarez has been banned for 34 games since 2010 without receiving a red. Apparently. That obviously is post Ghana game.

I don't think it makes sense to increase the length of ban each time unless the offense keeps getting worse.

Oh so it's not a bite because it didn't break skiiin! Awesome. So is it a punch to the face if it doesn't break the nose? I've got a needle full of blood - no diseases or anything though. Shouldn't be a problem if I just inject a stranger with it eh? Not like I'm transferring diseases or anything! I mean what would you prefer, being stabbed or shot? Because you totally have to choose. If you get stabbed in the street then you have to let the guy off because he didn't mean to stab you, he was just out running with a knife and had a pre-set route that he loves to run - he always runs it. Never takes a detour. Why should he run slightly to the left just because you're standing there reading facebook on your phone? Not like he actually severed any arteries. besides, you weren't shot and left with non-functioning organs were you? See! What's to complain about.

My point?

Quit diminishing the nastiness of one thing just because another nasty thing exists.

Yes I am venting a little because I missed out on the fun in the other thread. But I expect you'll reply in a weak way that overlooks my points and side-steps the meaning because you want to instead address the offensive tone and take it personally rather than treat it as an objective kind of "why do you think the way you do, and why do you think it's the best way to think?" kind of post. Or you'll ignore it altogether because you don't quite know what to say. But because I've said that, there's no chance you'll say nothing as that would be admiting that you were wrong, but you never do that.

Have you ever taken a bite of an apple? Suarez would be a long time eating one by how his act is defined.

Oxford English dictionary:

Definition of bite in English:

bite

Line breaks: bite

Pronunciation: /bʌɪt * /

VERB (past bit /bɪt/; past participle bitten /ˈbɪt(ə)n/)

[WITH OBJECT]

1Use the teeth to cut into (something):

the woman’s arm was bitten off by an alligator

[NO OBJECT]: Rosa bit into a cream cake

Your examples are poor. I'm not diminishing what he's done. My point of other examples is that there's no consistency or harsh punishments for worse offences. I'm not defending his actions. When a judge sentences someone, they take various factors into consideration, FIFA haven't, they've just thrown the book at him.

Have they tried to treat the cause or help him out? No. They borrowed somebody elses commodity for their benefit, something's gone wrong and they've punished the owner for something that's happened on their watch. It's left to Liverpool to pick up the pieces.

If you hear a story of a shark biting a person, you automatically think $h1t that person's f***ed. They've at least been scarred, missing limbs, possibly even dead. It's the act of what Suarez did, it's repugnant, seen as vile and when you think of something like that, you think to yourself, the dirty b@st@rd! But his behaviour is so senseless because it's seen as so bad and it has no effect on the opposing player. Why does he even bother? Dr.bob I think mentioned, he might as well give him a Chinese burn for all it does.

I'm not dismissing what he's done. Others are dismissing or ignoring all my other examples. I mentioned Rijkaard. A repeat spitter. Did it several times throughout his career. Never got a hefty ban like this. Remember Italia 90 I think it was. Spat on Voeller, got him sent off and as Voeller was walking off, he spat on him again. Twice in 1 game. Classy!

Edited by Wii

Definition of bite in English:

bite

Line breaks: bite

Pronunciation: /bʌɪt * /

VERB (past bit /bɪt/; past participle bitten /ˈbɪt(ə)n/)

[WITH OBJECT]

1Use the teeth to cut into (something):

the man’s skin was bitten off by a footballer

[NO OBJECT]: Suarez bit into an Italian defender

I see that works perfectly fine... are you really trying to redefine bite? Is elbowing an apple more harsh than biting one? I think you would take a long time breaking every bone in a human body if he was just elbowing them. But that's omitting the "intent" that you speak of further down in your post. Of course the comparison is stupid (but you're comparing it to apples). What factors aren't being taken into account? He's bitten someone on the world stage. It's the third time he's bitten someone. If someone was in front of the judge for the third time for the same incident (and the fourth time in all) is that not to be taken into account?

Why are we talking about shark bites? Should we be talking about kangaroo boxing as well, or boa constriction? Do we use these as ways to form our perspective on human behaviour? Do you think biting another person has no affect on the other person?

I see what you are arguing, which is a timeless thing argued down the line. You are unhappy with the punishment because others have not been punished as well and you think it is unfair. My point is that you need to stop using the fortune of others to downplay Suarez's actions. He DID this. He is at fault. He is to blame for any loss incurred by liverpool. Not the ref, not FIFA, not the player he bit.

Your opinion of my examples is that they are 'poor' - and that's fine, because it's your opinion, and you show how you rationalise your opinions - and I think your rationality is poor and doesn't seem to weight the right factors when coming to a decision.

As I said in my previous post, you sidestepped each comment I made because you couldn't directly reply to them, as you knew that by agreeing to anything I said would mean you'd have to question your stance.