NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

Can't believe we actually signed Shaw so soon after Herrera. Have to give Woodward and the staff credit for doing this quickly and promptly, no fucking about like last season. This is the way to do business. I'm excited by Shaw because he could potentially have a long and productive career with us. Herrera should add a bit of flair and intelligence to that midfield.

Looking at that team, I'd say that we need to address the centre back and right back positions as a priority. After that, another midfielder would be amazing. If we sign Vidal, I think I might just jizz everywhere.

No idea who we'll be going for in the other two positions. Garay would have been an epic signing. Gutted we missed out on that one.

If we sign Vidal, I think I might just jizz everywhere.

urgh.gif

Wait, does that mean you currently have Woodward wood?

urgh.gif

Wait, does that mean you currently have Woodward wood?

Pretty much, he's learned his lesson from last season and is conducting his business quickly and without fucking around. The RedCafe forums are loving it at the moment.

I kind of feel sorry for Moyes, he was a bit stitches up in comparison how Van Gaal has it. Woodward didn't do anything for Moyes when he joined and the fixture list at the start of the season was tough on him whereas for Van Gaal it's easy.

Poor Moyesey... I wish he was still United's manager! ;)

I kind of feel sorry for Moyes, he was a bit stitches up in comparison how Van Gaal has it. Woodward didn't do anything for Moyes when he joined and the fixture list at the start of the season was tough on him whereas for Van Gaal it's easy.

Poor Moyesey... I wish he was still United's manager! ;)

Woodward has clearly learned his lesson from last season and Moyes did have a tough fixture list. However, there were many things that Moyes got wrong. He was terrible in the summer transfer market (Woodward is also to blame) and they spent too much time umming and ahhing over transfers that clearly weren't going to happen. The Alcantara transfer is one that they needed to get done quickly, but we stalled over that. We should have nailed the Garay deal and now he has gone. Herrera was nailed on to come last season, and yet he stalled over that. His biggest bit of business last summer was getting Felliaini for about 5 million quid more than if he had bought him a few weeks earlier, as he tried getting him and Baines at the same time. Not even sure Baines would have been the right fit. Shaw is a far better deal, delighted with that.

Not only that, but we were linked with tons of players but Moyes was too slow. He was slow in the market, he was slow with getting results and he was too slow in implementing tactics and substitutions. I'm sorry for him that it didn't work out, but I'm very excited now that Van Gaal is here.

Sanchez to Arsenal will be huge. I really hope we don't mess this up now.

Pictures of our new Home shirt got released today. Got a new shirt maker- Adidas

It looks lovely :D

I only just caught a glimpse of the new Manchester United kit..

man-united-kit-2-manchester-united-kit_3169415.jpg?20140707153347

..and I think it looks pretty awful, particularly that Chevrolet logo across the front :eek:

I'm not all that fond of Liverpool's new home shirt either, though :hmm:

I only just caught a glimpse of the new Manchester United kit..

man-united-kit-2-manchester-united-kit_3169415.jpg?20140707153347

..and I think it looks pretty awful, particularly that Chevrolet logo across the front :eek:

I'm not all that fond of Liverpool's new home shirt either, though :hmm:

It would be fine if it weren't for that logo. It needs to either be smaller or all white, or got rid of all together!

I'm in the minority I imagine, but I quite like it. Seems fine/nice to me.

It looks like Evra is off to Juve. They've wanted him for a while. I will miss him. :(

However, I would love, love, love eet if we are using this as a way to bring Juve to the table so we can ask them about Vidal. Apparently talks are already underway.

Vidal is excellent, I love his range of hair care products.

inter-milan.jpg?w=650&h=494&crop=1#038;h=673

Inter Milan's new top must be one of the smartest tops in European football this coming season.

Actually ridiculously excited to see Alexis Sanchez play for Arsenal. Absolutely brilliant signing.

Amazing signing for Arsenal. What are Barcelona playing at letting him and Fabregas go? Both are quality players and are decent people. I find it hard to believe that they're selling these players and yet are recruiting somebody like Suarez.

Arsenal will be a force to be reckoned with next season if they can stay relatively injury free.

A lot of top class players in the squad, up until Christmas before injuries hit they were flying high and then the season somewhat derailed after injuries to Ramsay, Walcott, Ozil and the Ox. Adding in Sanchez not only brings depth to the squad as he can play out wide or upfront but a top quality player who will score a lot of goals in the Premier League.

A few more signings, Debuchy looks to be on his way, and Khedira is still being spoken about a lot and Arsenal can win the league.

I really hope Sanchez is the start of a very good transfer window. Class signing, a sign of our intent.

Luis Suarez: On his way to Barca

suarez_3171356.jpg

Liverpool have confirmed the agreement and the controversial striker will now leave Anfield next week, with Barca saying he will sign a five-year deal.

In a statement, the Reds said: "Liverpool FC confirms that Luis Suarez will be leaving after a transfer agreement was reached with FC Barcelona. The player now has permission to complete the usual formalities, which will then conclude the transfer,

"We would like to thank Luis for his contribution and the role he played in helping bring Champions League football back to Anfield.

"Everyone at Liverpool Football Club wishes Luis and his family well for the future."

Officials of the two clubs began talks over a week ago which were productive from the start, with the Catalans agreeing to meet the Uruguay international's buy-out clause.

Suarez asked Liverpool fans to try to understand it had always been his dream and ambition to play in Spain.

"It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool for a new life and new challenges in Spain," said the 27-year-old, whose move to Barcelona takes him closer to his wife Sofia's family.

"Both me and my family have fallen in love with this club and with the city but most of all I have fallen in love with the incredible fans. You have always supported me and we, as a family, will never forget it, we will always be Liverpool supporters.

"I hope you can all understand why I have made this decision. This club did all they could to get me to stay, but playing and living in Spain, where my wife's family live, is a lifelong dream and ambition. I believe now the timing is right.

"I wish Brendan Rodgers and the team well for the future. The club is in great hands and I'm sure will be successful again next season.

"I am very proud I have played my part in helping to return Liverpool to the elite of the Premier League and in particular back into the Champions League. Thank you again for some great moments and memories. You'll Never Walk Alone."

Rodgers said the club and the player have benefitted from his time at Anfield.

"Luis is a very special talent and I thank him for the role he has played in the team over the past two years during my time at Liverpool," he said.

“I think he would be the first to accept he has improved as a player over that period along with the team and has benefitted from being here as we have benefitted from him.

“The club have done all they can over a sustained period of time to try and keep Luis at Liverpool but it is with great reluctance that following lengthy discussions we have eventually agreed to his wishes to move to Spain. We wish him and his young family well and will always consider them friends.

"We are focused on the future, as we strive to continue with the progress we have made and build on last season's excellent Barclays Premier League campaign.

"I am confident we will improve the team further and will be stronger for this coming season, when we will be competing on all fronts; domestically and in the greatest club competition in the world, the Champions League".

"If there is one thing the history of this great club teaches us is that Liverpool FC is bigger than any individual. I hope our supporters continue to dream and believe we are moving forward. With continued improvement and progression together we will bring the success we all crave and deserve.”

Barca, meanwhile, confirmed Suarez 'will be travelling to Barcelona next week for a medical, to sign his five-year contract and to be officially presented to the media and fans as an FC Barcelona player'.

The 27-year-old was expelled from the World Cup last month and handed a nine-match international ban as well as a four-month sanction from any football activity for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.

He appealed against FIFA's ruling, but was unsuccessful and he will not be able to train with his new team-mates until the end of October.

Suarez's lawyer said on Friday that he will appeal to the Court of Arbitration of Sport against the suspension, though this has not been confirmed by the player or his new club.

That move would represent a gamble. If CAS puts the suspension on hold, that would allow Suarez to train with Barca and potentially start the new season. But if CAS subsequently rejected the appeal and upholds FIFA's decision, Suarez would find himself suspended for four full months of football, rather than the off-season and first couple of months of the new campaign.

http://www.football365.com/premier-league/9379054/Liverpool-Agree-Suarez-Fee-With-Barca...

This is a huge blow to Liverpool and the Premiership.

Edited by Wii

Suarez going to sample some fine Spanish cuisine next season then.

I don't think he'll take a big bite from any one player whilst at Barca... maybe smaller bites from many players... tapas.