NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

Was at the game today, don't think we did as badly as MOTD said we were. Palace parked the bus and had the one opportunity all game, were fouling and time wasting all over the place, Speroni taking a minute to take each goal kick. Our attack wasn't quite on form, Sanogo was shit, but was very impressed by Chambers, and Alexis looks brilliant.

Alexis looks brilliant? Bizarre, in both this and charity shield I thought he looked really poor, giving the ball away an incredible amount.

He makes good runs and good passes but does also lose it quite a bit. Less space than La liga but I think he looks like a great signing especially when Ozil returns.

Also, calling Arsenal terrible and lucky? Didn't your team score one 90th minute goal?

Man hinted were as awful as I expected. Get who you want you want in as manager but that squad is appalling.

Arsenal were hilariously and surprisingly terrible though. Very lucky! They're strikers and defence aren't close to being good enough, Chelsea city run away with it AGAIN.

SPURS 3rd

Give it a rest mate. First game of the season and you're already dribbling.

By the end of the game we only had two defenders who would be in our starting line up. One playing his first league game for the club another a 19 year old kid. Apart from one lapse at a set piece and a shit clearance from Szczesny we actually defended superbly, Palace created nothing.

As for strikers, Sanogo was poor, but Giroud was influential when he came on. And I'm confident he have another 15+ goals seasoon.

Alexis looks brilliant? Bizarre, in both this and charity shield I thought he looked really poor, giving the ball away an incredible amount.

Sanchez had a decent half in the charity shield and he wasn't afraid to get involved yesterday. Continued running even when he lost the ball. Gave it away a few times but that's all teething issues coming into a new side in a new league. He'll be superb.

Palace did their job yesterday all they were after was containing us, they didn't attack and they sat deep. Very hard to break down sides like that. Especially at the start of a campaign when players are rusty, form isn't there and new players a gelling.

I almost feel too confident about beating Southampton comfortably today :eek: I usually feel like Liverpool will somehow mess up or snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, but I guess the good feeling that came from the run in at the end of last season has made me excited that we'll carry that form on..

Whatever the case, I can't wait : peace:

I only watched the charity shield highlights and I thought that arsenal's new signings looked sloppy -- but I put that down to them being new. They showed a hell of a lot of potential as well. Wiltshire and Ramsey look shit hot at the moment, and I have to admit this arsenal team is full of potential and looks pretty strong. I do think MOTD ripped into arsenal a bit too much -- but that's just because alan shearer had to do what hansen did best - plus I wondered about the relationship between shearer and gullit as they reputedly did not get on back in the late 90s when gullit took charge of newcastle.

Why the hell aren't Liverpool playing Lambert? Don't they know I've got a fantasy football team to score points from!!

You should have probably read that he hasn't been signed as Liverpool's number one striker. He knew when he signed he'd mainly be on the bench.

You should have probably read that he hasn't been signed as Liverpool's number one striker. He knew when he signed he'd mainly be on the bench.

Well now you tell me... stupid Liverpool!

Brilliant win for Liverpool today. Southampton weren't even close to matching our quality.

*Lying to myself to feel better

Liverpool were so so lucky. Pretty confident Liverpool won't be close to top 4 at the end of the season - too many games, lost their best player, too many new signings, 6th.

Southampton must be pleased though, they've been absolutely devastated but they looked really good!

He makes good runs and good passes but does also lose it quite a bit. Less space than La liga but I think he looks like a great signing especially when Ozil returns.

Also, calling Arsenal terrible and lucky? Didn't your team score one 90th minute goal?

What's spurs got to do with how bad/lucky arsenal are? We resorting to straw an arguments already? There's no connection whatsoever! If spurs were lucky, it has nothing to do with the fact arsenal were... Weird line of arguing...

I think arsenal are desperate for a defensive midfielder and more so a striker. They'll have no chance if they don't sort those positions.

I can see where you're coming from about Arsenal needing to fill those positions. Essentially they don't have a Viera or a Henry, but they have six men going forwards who look like troublemakers and are ready to put the effort in. They don't have a guaranteed goalscorer or complete security at the back but they have a lot of loaded guns to play the roulette with. They won't have a top scorer with 35 goals but they'll have four players on 15+ goals by the end of the season!

Liverpool were so so lucky. Pretty confident Liverpool won't be close to top 4 at the end of the season - too many games, lost their best player, too many new signings, 6th.

Southampton must be pleased though, they've been absolutely devastated but they looked really good!

What's spurs got to do with how bad/lucky arsenal are? We resorting to straw an arguments already? There's no connection whatsoever! If spurs were lucky, it has nothing to do with the fact arsenal were... Weird line of arguing...

I think arsenal are desperate for a defensive midfielder and more so a striker. They'll have no chance if they don't sort those positions.

No I was just pointing out your obviously biased and imo flawed opinion and yet can't criticise your team who were exactly the same. Haven't seen any comment about your team's performance yet.

So defensive Dazzy.

No I was just pointing out your obviously biased and imo flawed opinion and yet can't criticise your team who were exactly the same. Haven't seen any comment about your team's performance yet.

So defensive Dazzy.

Not defensive, just don't like straw man arguments, doesn't forward discussion.

As for spurs, I don't think we played well, started great, but faded, ridiculous red card didn't help, but class win in the end, west ham are awful. But like the excuses for arsenal we're missing a lot of players - walker, Vertonghen, chiriches,

Chadli, dembele, sandro, Paulinho etc plus new manager, new system,... Away at west game is a good result for me!

- too many games, lost their best player, too many new signings, 6th.

Well, you'd know that from experience I suppose...

Well, you'd know that from experience I suppose...

Precisely! We're settled now, need to trim and not have too many changes!

Thing is dazzybee, your missing players aren't World Cup winners :p

Yours weren't exactly stars of the tournament! Also think you should bin off podolski!

Lucas for Liverpool just screams liability every time he gets the ball, I presume when Markovic and Lallana are back Henderson will sit deep with Gerrard and either of those two will switch to the wing or middle with Coutinho

I used to like him, but he's gone full circle and back to being crap.

Chelsea's second goal today was phenomenal and they're my favourites for the league by a distance, with City second. Arsenal won't come close, as much as I'd like to see them challenge.

That second goal was fantastic, Cesc is a fantastic addition to the team... Arsenal absolutely should've taken him back! Glad they didn't mind, haha.

What the clip doesn't show is the full 25 pass build up.

Edited by Kav

So apparently the headless chicken time bomb that is Mario Balotelli is returning to the EPL.

At least Balotelli is kinda lovable in his fuck ups, whereas Suarez was just a thug.

I'm honestly not sure what to make of it all :eek: On the one hand, it could be an absolute steal at the prices being quoted.. but on the other, Liverpool seem to be very much a 'team' at the moment and it's slightly concerning that this may somehow be disrupted.. ::shrug:

Are they having a wind up? They've just got shot of one moron, why bring in another.