NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

I'm honestly not sure what to make of it all :eek: On the one hand, it could be an absolute steal at the prices being quoted.. but on the other, Liverpool seem to be very much a 'team' at the moment and it's slightly concerning that this may somehow be disrupted.. ::shrug:

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about it. The guy can play, no doubt about that, but do we really want him on our team? I mean he's well known for his shoddy attitude and disrupting teams. Hmmmmm....

Actually think he will be a decent signing, he's very good at what he does and I think it will be a good move for him and for Liverpool.

We definitely needed another striker, so in that regard we'll have done well to sign one as promising as Balotelli :smile: It will be great if it all works out..

Bid has been accepted, so it looks like it will happen. Not sure if it's a good move or not. Great player (when he's in the mood) but his attitude is up their with the worst. Not sure if Liverpool can afford the possible hassle after just having Suarez on their books.

The bigger news for me today is that Di Maria wants to leave Real Madrid. They would be utter nutters to let him go, one of the best players in the world last season. Would pay all of the chocolate money in the world to see him here. Apparently Khedira wants out, too. Both of them would drastically improve our team.

Bid has been accepted, so it looks like it will happen. Not sure if it's a good move or not. Great player (when he's in the mood) but his attitude is up their with the worst. Not sure if Liverpool can afford the possible hassle after just having Suarez on their books.

The bigger news for me today is that Di Maria wants to leave Real Madrid. They would be utter nutters to let him go, one of the best players in the world last season. Would pay all of the chocolate money in the world to see him here. Apparently Khedira wants out, too. Both of them would drastically improve our team.

If United were about to sign Balotelli, how would you feel..?

Khedira would be a good signing but I have a strange feeling that Di Maria wouldn't settle in the Premier League ::shrug:

If United were about to sign Balotelli, how would you feel..?

Khedira would be a good signing but I have a strange feeling that Di Maria wouldn't settle in the Premier League ::shrug:

I wouldn't want him, tbh. Great talent, but he's too inconsistent and too temperamental. We're bad enough as it is these days without the possibility of him getting sent off or just simply not putting the performances in. I can see somebody like Van Gaal maybe getting a lot out of him, but it would require a loooot of effort.

He's also ex-City scum, so naaaah. He's no different to Suarez in some respects because he's volatile and unpredictable. For £16 million, it's not a bad deal. But, if you were Daniel Sturridge, would you really want him as your partner? It has the potential to work, but you can't really trust him. City moved him on for a reason.

I wouldn't want him, tbh. Great talent, but he's too inconsistent and too temperamental. We're bad enough as it is these days without the possibility of him getting sent off or just simply not putting the performances in. I can see somebody like Van Gaal maybe getting a lot out of him, but it would require a loooot of effort.

He's also ex-City scum, so naaaah. He's no different to Suarez in some respects because he's volatile and unpredictable. For £16 million, it's not a bad deal. But, if you were Daniel Sturridge, would you really want him as your partner? It has the potential to work, but you can't really trust him. City moved him on for a reason.

I've never particularly wanted him, to be honest, and even when we were linked with him I sort of dismissed it as something that is very unlikely to happen.

However, now that it does appear to be close, and our need for another quality striker, I'm warming a little to the idea :heh: It's basically a matter of weighing up whether I was more concerned about our team the way it was or how it is likely to be :eek:

He's a complete headbanger, inconsistent and a tempermental twat. AC Milan aren't taking a financial hit a year later after signing him without good reason. I'd say they're glad to see the back of him.

Balotelli doesn't work hard enough for Liverpool's style of play, I'm guessing Brendan thinks he can change that.

Crazy day in football.

We're signing Balotelli and Soldado scored from open play. :)

He's not the player I wanted, too inconsistant and doesn't really fit our style of play.

However it's a fair price considering the £50mil we would have had to pay for a Cavani or Falcao. I think we wanted to position Sturridge as our main man upfront, and I don't think Mario will change that, he will be second choice. Maybe even third with Sterling looking more like a second striker these days.

And what he might lack in fluid intricate link up play he makes up with physicality, we're a tad physically lightweight sometimes. I'm also wondering if he'll take our penalties when he plays, Stevie G usually does but Balotelli's record from the spot is supposed to be pretty good.

I don't think Rodgers is banking on a long term return from Mario anyway. We just needed another decent striker now, wouldn't be surprised to see us in for a more "world class" striker in Jan, and Balotelli leaving in the summer after an indifferent season.

Would love to be proved wrong though. I think the fans will want to love him, if he plays well he could end up a bit of a legend.

He'll be entertaining whatever happens, I don't think he'll be as controversial as Suarez but i'm sure he'll be in some scuffles and will send some trolling tweets. I'm sure the British media are glad he's back.

The move is on hold while they get Balotelli to agree a contract clause promising to behave himself, but he's having a medical today.

I rate and like the footballer Balotelli. But you've got to laugh how Liverpool were forced to rid themselves of one nutcase and are looking likely to replace him with another.

Herrera Injured, Rojos not eligible for Sunderland game due to not getting work permit application submitted in time. Carrick & Fellaini injured.

So United's fit midfielders are - Anderson, Cleverly, Fletcher :(

I wonder if they'll chuck Kagawa back there over Anderson, Surely LVG will...

What a ridiculous start to the season.

Herrera Injured

u fucking wot m8?

SIX WEEKS? I've not checked the footie stuff today, just had a quick look now. SIX WEEKS? You fucking kidding me?

So, we can't play two of our new signings on the weekend because they are injured. No Carrick either. I'm pretty sure Rojo can play, though. :blank:

Tbh, this was going to happen. We needed to buy more and we just haven't. I don't see the sense in waiting til the window closes...why not plan ahead like most of the other big teams have and get the players well in advance?

To top it all off, Fellaini is also injured. Which means that we can't move him on because nobody buys injured players and...we can't even fucking play him either.

If we don't buy another midfielder now, we're fucked. In fact, we probably need two for the centre and at least one new winger. STILL no cover at right back even though Rafael spends more time out injured than anyone. So angry at our lack of planning.

So, we can't play two of our new signings on the weekend because they are injured. No Carrick either. I'm pretty sure Rojo can play, though. :blank:

I believe Rojo can't play due to delays getting his work visa.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2731957/Marcos-Rojo-not-available-Manchester-United-debut-against-Sunderland-doesn-t-work-permit-reveals-Louis-van-Gaal.html

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I believe Rojo can't play due to delays getting his work visa.

Earlier today, the BBC were saying he was in contention. Just had a look back and it's now saying the stuff about the permit.

Well, that's just great.

You spoke way too soon Phube. Waaaaaaaaaaaay too soon.

Do you really think I thought we'd get anything from Chelsea, the fact we lasted 63 mins is pretty impressive...

But I think we've made a few established (smaller teams) sit up and notice!

Do you really think I thought we'd get anything from Chelsea, the fact we lasted 63 mins is pretty impressive...

But I think we've made a few established (smaller teams) sit up and notice!

It was good that they held on for as long as they did.

I think the Everton draw made them take notice already.

Well Everton threw that away. Well played by Arsenal though. With only 7 mins to go and 2 goals down a lot of teams wouldn't have the heart to keep pushing forward. Good comeback.

Have you guys seen the injustice that happened in La Liga tonight in the game between Malaga and Athletic Bilbao? The Athletic Bilbao goalkeeper Gorka Iraizoz scored a thunderous injury time header only for the goal to be disallowed despite the lack of any infringement.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9437518/goalkeeper-denied-last-minute-equaliser!

Have you guys seen the injustice that happened in La Liga tonight in the game between Malaga and Athletic Bilbao? The Athletic Bilbao goalkeeper Gorka Iraizoz scored a thunderous injury time header only for the goal to be disallowed despite the lack of any infringement.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9437518/goalkeeper-denied-last-minute-equaliser!

Wuuut? That was a perfect goal. Linesman must have "expected" there to be a push or something, because there definitely wasn't one there. What a shame. That keeper is probably never going to have another chance to end up on the score sheet again!

Well Everton threw that away. Well played by Arsenal though. With only 7 mins to go and 2 goals down a lot of teams wouldn't have the heart to keep pushing forward. Good comeback.

Arsenal destroyed my points in Fantasy Football yesterday (well "destroyed" might be a bit over the top)... even though I have Ramsey on my team the points he got for scoring were less than the points I could have had for Howard and Coleman keeping a clean sheet...gggrrrr