Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2014/2015

Dog-amoto

You can't say you played well in fsiling to not best cambridge with such a strong team put. For months I've been saying Man U will click, they've played the least games out of everyone, spent near 200m... Yet consistently awful... It's bizarre. Yet fans seem so patient with things...

I get frustarted with spurs yet we've played the most. In all competitions. Actually made money in the summer... Maybe I should be happy...

I didn't say we played that well. I said we didn't actually play that badly, which we didn't. Most fans are patient because we know that these things take time and that there's tons of work to be done.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say we played that well. I said we didn't actually play that badly, which we didn't. Most fans are patient because we know that these things take time and that there's tons of work to be done.

Haha, splitting hairs. But fair enough, I couuldnt be that patient with how yiure doing, all that money you spent and it feels like only spending even more money will fix it.

Still think you'll get 3rd though!

I see that our CB target Paulista has been left out of the Villareal squad tonight, taking that as an optimistic sign we'll have him by the end of the window.

Also a good win for Blackburn against 9 man Swansea earlier, wonder if we'll see any more upsets today.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I freaking LOVE the FA Cup. Bradford, Boro, Palace, Leicester....awesome. Simply awesome.

I do too.

We earned ourselves a replay today. Obviously we didn't win outright as it was against a fellow L1 side.

If it was a team in a higher division....

Spurs and Man City also knocked out...

Brilliant stuff!!

We played our second string and things looked comfortable, two late goals. I'm not a big fan of Poch and feel some of our better players have been bailing us out a lot this season. They can't do it every game and our way of playing isn't good enough...

Still. We'll be far stronger and fresh to get to the final on Wednesday and that has to be more important.

I'm sort of happy about it, weirdly. We're playing way way too many games! Focus on the two cups and 3rd!!!

We played our second string and things looked comfortable, two late goals. I'm not a big fan of Poch and feel some of our better players have been bailing us out a lot this season. They can't do it every game and our way of playing isn't good enough...

Still. We'll be far stronger and fresh to get to the final on Wednesday and that has to be more important.

I'm sort of happy about it, weirdly. We're playing way way too many games! Focus on the two cups and 3rd!!!

Yeah we played our second string today too but earned a replay :)

Still. We'll be far stronger and fresh to get to the final on Wednesday and that has to be more important

;)

These results show that any team can easily get knocked out :p

The big theme is that the top 3 all lost home ties, we're away to Brighton.

EDIT: Paulista to Arsenal looks to be happening, with Joel Campbell to go the other way on loan. Good bit of business for all involved I reckon.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/news/20876/9660227/transfer-news-villarreal-announce-paulista-is-joining-arsenal-with-joe-campbell-moving-on-loan-to-spain

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Google lackadaisical... and Tottenham will appear! Search engine trolls Spurs defence

• Google gives sentence examples when you use its search engine
  • The word 'lackadaisical' throws up a humorous response when typed in
  • Google says: 'A lackadaisical defence left Spurs adrift in the second half'
  • It is unclear whether it is the work of an Arsenal fan at Google HQ, or just a frustrated Tottenham fan

Tottenham Hotspur fans were left feeling aggrieved on Tuesday afternoon when their team was described as lackadaisical... by search engine Google.

As is customary with the popular website, when you type in a word you are offered some details of its meaning; a definition, some synonyms, and a sentence with the word included in it.

Unfortunately for Spurs fans, they are the butt of the joke in the example sentence.

251E983400000578-0-image-a-47_1422375847993.jpg

A quick Google search of the word 'lackadaisical' reveals an obvious trolling of Tottenham Hotspur

25024C9300000578-0-Michel_Vorm_who_was_lucky_to_still_be_on_the_pitch_looks_at_the_-a-48_1422376926223.jpg

Michel Vorm fetches the ball from his net after Tottenham conceded against Leicester in the FA Cup

2492015600000578-2904713-image-m-62_1420916542148.jpg

Dwight Gayle celebrates his goal for Crystal Palace against Spurs - some more lackadaisical defending

It reads: 'A lackadaisical defence left Spurs adrift in the second half.'

It is unclear whether the work is courtesy of a cheeky Arsenal fan at Google HQ or a fed up Spurs supporter, but it has certainly produced some laughs and spread like wildfire across the Internet.

If you don't believe us, just give it a go yourself...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2928568/Tottenham-fans-angry-defence-described-lackadaisical-Google.html

@dazzybee :heh:

You guys remember when matches between Liverpool and Chelsea used to be boring?

Been a great match. Good watch for the neutral.

If we had someone who could finish then I think we could have nabbed a victory. Sterling has zero support going forward. Not that it matters as he probably wouldnt pass anyway. That chance at the start where all he had to do was square it was so annoying.

I think Chelsea are gonna steal it. Let's see how it goes...

Fair play to chelsea, a close tie but they probably edged it. Obviously we're in need of a finisher. Nice to see a solid display from mignolet for once, good for him.

Good to see us at least look competetive against a team like them considering how dire we've been at times this season.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!