NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Absolutely brilliant night in this. Played for over 2 hours straight. Voice chat has elevated this to a fantastic experience. I had great banter with Cube, Zechs, Rummy and Dazzybee. The screams of delight and anguish were hilarious, as were the rants of Zechs. :D

In conclusion, voice chat makes a great game so much better!

Nando your connection really has some serious issues. Every time we played with you there was massive lag and you were teleporting all over the map, making it a nightmare for anyone to kill you.

You're an utter beast with the Splattershot Jr., @Hero\-of\-Time

Cheers.

It's my go to weapon. It has everything I want and need so I have no need to change. :D

Loved the Battle of the Bubbles me and Dazzybee kept having throughout the night.

Loving the new map - it's good for racking up the points! Would've been good if they'd made a map based on a convention centre and released it during E3 week...

Are you saying... this game needs voice chat! ?

Are you saying... this game needs voice chat! ?

I ain't biting.

Loved it and I'm sure dazzy and co. did too. I can't wait for the next banter and splatting session. :D

although I didn't join in on the voice chat, those games tonight were really enjoyable, the new map seems quite good for getting lots of points on

Just stopped playing after starting at 7PM. Loads of great games.

although I didn't join in on the voice chat, those games tonight were really enjoyable, the new map seems quite good for getting lots of points on

I didn't join the voice chat either, but seeing all familiar names made the games much more fun... knowing who you were being attacked by and who you were attacking.

I had a fun fleeing serebii's krakon in one of the games, got a real sense of what a gazelle must feel when it's getting hunted down by a cheetah.. just minus the actual fear of my impending death.

Ah, are you graham? If so, you were awesome, we didn't know who it was :)

Like Hero said, a great time to tonight. Nearly 5 hours straight. Ridiculous. But brilliant! Can't wait for more modes.

We must do this again!

Graeme! You slag*! We was wondering who it was that you were!

Had a great time this eve until I go spend 20 to do a ting and all my peepsdem left me :( Think I just got back as you were leaving @dazzybee as I was queued to join then...you weren't in the match!

But yeah, really good evening of it. Don't think I'd have been on nearly quite as long or enjoyed as much if I weren't chatting with folks and would def consider doing again next week if I'm not about tomorrow. Just quite nice playing the game and having an idle chat with folks whilst doing it - can't say it was incredibly tactical(though there were some occasional moments) but it was just a generally all round fun evening of gaming and social!

Still don't know what the hell I'm actually doing with my weapons in this game though. Playing with friends was good due to the speed between games(think we were both maxed and overmaxed at one point). Who did we have? Me, dazzy, Cube, Zechs, H-o-T, david.dakota, BowserBasher, Pestneb, VsPhoenix, gmac, Serebii, Nando and...a Michael. Still not sure exactly who though.

*voice chat joys, I may have exclaimed it once or twice.

Absolutely brilliant night in this. Played for over 2 hours straight. Voice chat has elevated this to a fantastic experience. I had great banter with @Cube, @Zechs Merquise, @Rummy and @dazzybee. The screams of delight and anguish were hilarious, as were the rants of Zechs. :D

Zechs rants, classic! Haha

If you guys are up for skyping whilst on this regularly I'll pick this up this weekend?!

Yes @Ronnie, that's how much talking to mates whilst gaming means to me, I'd happily do a u-turn and buy the game!

Sure it'll have it's nighles still with it's low content and poor online options but talking amongst mates while playing makes that bearable... before you go on at me ;)

OK, if there aren't any good deals for next thursday, I will get it next week. You guys just love it to much, so I can't just read about it, I have to play it :D.

I've hit a cash flow wall around level 18, have bought all the cool gear I've seen each day, but this means I have to play for ages every day to keep the money coming in.

Fortunately stuff seems to cycle back in pretty quickly. Gotta go for the long game.

We had some great games last night, I can't wait to do more.

I really see very few faults with Splatoon - the only glaring one is voice chat, the game is so much more fun with it.

Last night was really good, I am free this evening if anyone wants to Skype?

Can't promise I'll do it on the regular kav, as it depends on everyone getting involved really - but skype+crappy wii u(apparently scratchy) headset works pretty well for an easy bit of VC whilst playing!

I'm gonna be on this evening maybe but only for a bit as I'll be popping out for 7 til I dunno when. Might go dick about with my stupid paintbrush for a bit ;)

Michael is Mike and I'm sure Mr-Paul and SCG came on too later on. You never know when the names are Michael, Paul and Sam, could be a thousand different people :) There should be an icon or different highlight when your friends are in!

I'll be up for it again, and frequently, but maybe not for 4.5 hours each time :) Though it's hard to put down, throw in more game modes, the ability to form teams, and this game's going to be lack smack all year I fear!

Michael is Mike and I'm sure Mr-Paul and SCG came on too later on. You never know when the names are Michael, Paul and Sam, could be a thousand different people :) There should be an icon or different highlight when your friends are in!

I'll be up for it again, and frequently, but maybe not for 4.5 hours each time :) Though it's hard to put down, throw in more game modes, the ability to form teams, and this game's going to be lack smack all year I fear!

Mike! Just Mike! Ofc. I forgot we had a just Mike. My bad.

I'll check in with yous here or on Skype when I'm about/if I'm about.

:|

Got update for splatoon... and it has, for some reason, wiped my save data. I am now a level 1 unranked player, with no gear aside from the default stuff, and no progress in the single player. I won't lie, kinda annoyed at this. Going to try switching off the Wii U and give it one more shot... but.. it doesn't look good, looks like a new save file has overwritten the old one :(

fortunately the cable on my hdd had become loose... deleted the wii U save file (just to be safe) and plugged the HDD properly. Glad it was user error!

Edited by Pestneb

Yep, I was there last night for a bit after Mario Kart night. Had fun seeing more recognisable names splatting me and getting splatted.

My copy has finally arrived, gonna give it a whirl tonight.

What is the best control scheme for this game?

Edited by Emerald Emblem

My copy has finally arrived, gonna give it a whirl tonight.

What is the best control scheme for this game?

I've so far only stuck with the default - I say go with and see how you get along!

EDIT:Quick/basic question - if one signs in to the WiiU with a different Mii does it create different save data for Splatoon? Might take it round my mate's later but don't want him all playing on my biznizzle.