N-Europe

Mortal Kombat X

Retro_Link

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, true... but is that still necessary for this generation now? I hope to be wowed I don't really expect them to have to tell me I should be. No doubt they've done things to it for the trailer, but it seemed like an evolution of Injustice, I terms of the fight almost telling a story and the interactive environments.

Although like you say, maybe it has just been done to look that way.

Good thing E3 is just around the corner!

Makes me want to play MK9 now. I didn't have a PS3 at the time.

No one else thougt it felt slow? Some good stuff in there though. Do love mortal kombat games!
Yeah I did notice that on the second viewing, and perhaps it lends more towards what Shorty was saying about it being made to look like gameplay.

It was very physical for a Mortal Kombat match, but then it's a trailer so I guess it has to build. Who knows though, maybe they've just put more weight behind the hand to hand combat.

Definitely excited to see more.

Injustice has gotten my into Mortal Kombat, since they're quite similar. I'm looking forward to this. Can't wait to see what it looks like on next-gen. Particles, particles everywhere.

While it was a CG trailer it looks like it was demonstrating new gameplay, like more interactive levels and contextual commands. We'll see.

I was just listening to IGN Beyond podcast and they confirm that the trailer has (sub) zero gameplay footage in it.

Yeah Giantbomb did the same on their podcast even mentioning the firm who made the trailer who are 100% not a developer so there is no chance it's gameplay footage.

Either way I am super excited for this. I'm interested to see how following on from 9 where they take the story.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Injustice got me into Mortal Kombat. Can't wait to see the follow up to that, too. It should coincide with the release of the Justice League movie, too.

Apparently, Injustice 2 is 2016. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to see what they do with the follow up. One thing I'd like to see is more stages and definitely more transitions between stages. The metropolis stage in three parts was excellent.

The story was excellent and clearly they put a lot of effort into it. One of my favourite fighters.

• 1 month later...