NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Awesome. Thanks for the update. I managed to rifle through all of their figures and got a bozz-eyed link and derpy Marth...:blank:

They all look a little off for Link/Marth IMO. Only £11 in Grainger Games.

Mario and Pikachu look GLORIOUS. I was SO tempted...

They had no Villager/Wii Fit/Villager/DK's left.

Dude said they had been selling Wii U's most of the morning and that the Amiibo characters were popular. I had to explain to a parent what they all did as even the store clerk wasn't sure what they were for other than "you need them with Smash Bros." lol.

Either way - was nice to see some Ninty love amongst the parents buying Far Cry 4 for little Timmy on Christmas day. :heh:

Do you know if Grainger had the controller in stock?

Managed to get myself a Yoshi amiibo from Argos earlier, they had the full set on offer earlier. May pick another one up on Monday. Looks very nice.

Managed to get myself a Yoshi amiibo from Argos earlier, they had the full set on offer earlier. May pick another one up on Monday. Looks very nice.

As in buy all 12 for a discount, or all 12 were discounted? how much were they?

Amazon logistics have messed up my orders loads and I'll never order from them again. 'We tried to deliver' is bullshit; our building opens at 8am and they kept coming in at 6:30am..no fucking surprise as to why I couldn't pick it up. Eugh.

Frustrating isn't it? Hopefully they get pissed off customers a lot then, I always feel a bit guilty when I go off at them. They offer me free prime but I don't want it. I'm not interested. I'm just not going to use them really.

Well most of my Amiibo arrived today, sure enough each one arrived in a huge post packet making it seem much worse than it is :indeed: seriously they could have fitted at least two in one but anyway free post packets.

It seems that they arrived in good condition but I ordered five different ones, four have arrived today and one of them is another Link for some reason... ::shrug:

So now I wait to see if the other two figures that I ordered arrive or if it's just the one and in fact ShopTo have sent me a double instead of one that I ordered, I don't mind if it's an 'extra' one as I've spent a lot on there this month - well this yea really! - but I seriously doubt it plus in any case all Amiibo are on back order now so they wouldn't be able to rectify the situation, so anyway we shall see. : peace:

Well most of my Amiibo arrived today, sure enough each one arrived in a huge post packet making it seem much worse than it is :indeed: seriously they could have fitted at least two in one but anyway free post packets.

It seems that they arrived in good condition but I ordered five different ones, four have arrived today and one of them is another Link for some reason... ::shrug:

So now I wait to see if the other two figures that I ordered arrive or if it's just the one and in fact ShopTo have sent me a double instead of one that I ordered, I don't mind if it's an 'extra' one as I've spent a lot on there this month - well this yea really! - but I seriously doubt it plus in any case all Amiibo are on back order now so they wouldn't be able to rectify the situation, so anyway we shall see. : peace:

How are your Link amiibos? Is one better than the other?

Picked up Samus from Grainer Games. Link, Marth and Villager arrived from Shopto but they got a bit damaged in the post, Villager's being the worst. Don't know why they didn't put them in a box, they must know people would be buying them for collectors purposes. :rolleyes:

Got three of my four from ShopTo. No Yoshi.

My friend also ordered Yoshi and doesn't have it.

My Amiibo is due on Wednesday, it'll probably arrive just before I get back from work, knowing my luck. I gave a few amiibo as potential Christmas present suggestions, I'm really hoping I get a couple now!

How are your Link amiibos? Is one better than the other?

All of the Amiibo figures I have received have had decent paintwork so far and very minimal wear to the packaging too, both Link figures are fine. :)

Amiibo get!

All fine except marth had a wangy sword :(

All look great bar link, which is just cack (and bang-eyed!)

So, in the space of 24 hours, I've gone from just getting Link for the Hyrule Warriors unlock and maybe getting a couple more if they were on offer, to owning eight of them and probably going back for the rest tomorrow. I have no willpower :indeed:. If anyone is looking for a small saving, there's a voucher for £5 off a £20 spend at Toys R Us on the back of the current Yours magazine, which makes them £18.23 a pair once you factor in the cost of the magazine. Oh, except Villager, which for some bizarre reason is £12.99 instead of £10.89 like all the others.

Just got a text that another order has shipped, has to be Yoshi.

That said, the order number matches Fox, and one of the ones from Friday had Yoshi's number.

Hope I don't get a second Fox

I just bought a ticket to London for next week and I plan on buying an amiibo as the prices in England are about 2/3 of the price in Denmark I think - but which store in London should I head into to find games and amiibo the cheapest (in general)? And what is the retail price of amiibo?

I just bought a ticket to London for next week and I plan on buying an amiibo as the prices in England are about 2/3 of the price in Denmark I think - but which store in London should I head into to find games and amiibo the cheapest (in general)? And what is the retail price of amiibo?

About £10.99 is standard. Try finding an Argos near you and using the reserve and collect, you can do it a few days in advance - by that time some of the GAME stores will have probably restocked their supply, so it could also be worth checking those - benefit of a store like GAME is you can check and compare to find the best paint jobs etc.

GAME in Hamleys on Regent Street is a good location, they had loads of Amiibo last time I was in, although not every character. I'd expect they'd restock fairly regularly as the store gets loads of customers due to the location.

Edited by Guy

Went out yesterday to see Amiibos in person.

To my surprise Game had only received ONE. Which got sold within twenty minutes of reaching the shelf.

Gamestop on the other hand... Jesus!

I had to ask the clerk, who had no clue what I was going on about. I had to take their catalogue and look it up. Then they rummaged through their storage and couldn't find it. It turned out that it was in a box behind the counter. And they had a grand total of five.

And oh, right, both places priced them at 20€.

So yeah... not very well done.

They're priced from €15,- to €16,- overhere in The Netherlands. MediaMarkt has a lot of stock, only Amiibo I haven't seen overthere is Kirby. Villager and Wii Fit Trainer were sold out pretty fast, as was Donkey Kong (within half a day). Mario, Yoshi, Peach, Fox, Link and Pikachu are still in stock in most shops. Marth and Samus can still be found too, but seem to be less stocked than those 6.

Bad paintjobs, cross-eyes and bent swords were very rare. Derpy face Marth is due to the design. The rest are top notch over here, especially Mario, Fox and Donkey Kong are extremely well done!

Surprisingly, my Link Amiibo actually turned out very good! No real defects at all, paint job is spot on, all the markings are molded properly, sword isn't really mis-shapen...

Overall, good job! Pretty darn pleased actually! It looks more or less exactly as advertised :)

While I'm at it, I can see why the Nintendo staff were so proud of how fast they got the NFC read/write speed to be, cause it really is crazy fast! :o

It gets recognised by Smash the millisecond it gets put into the Gamepad and takes less than a second to write data to it. It's very impressive!

I'll be looking in town tomorrow for a Link Amiibo, will have to check the paint job on them as i've heard some are a little dodgy. The Yoshi one i have at the moment is very well done. Got a Kirby on it's way from Nintendo, should be here Tuesday/Wednesday.

Just added the remaining Amiibo's to my Christmas list for Santa, shall see what he brings. Although I did get a 10% code from the Nintendo Store so tempted to use that and order some.

Originally wasn't going to get all of them but now I have some I'm hooked. :p

I was in town earlier today and went into LAME but there was no signs of any of the figures there. Took myself to Grainger Games and they had loads. No Peach though, so no deal... :heh:

The Mario one looked most impressive to me. Dat fireball. Mm mmmm.

I was in town earlier today and went into LAME but there was no signs of any of the figures there. Took myself to Grainger Games and they had loads. No Peach though, so no deal... :heh:

The Mario one looked most impressive to me. Dat fireball. Mm mmmm.

Ask for them. As I wrote in my previous post, GameStop didn't know that they had any.

And I'll deffo look in MediaMarkt before work tomorrow.