NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

I think when it comes to the other waves i'm going have to preorder them online as trying to find these things at retail is going to be a pain.
Yeah, reckon I'm gonna end up doing the same. Bit worried about getting Captain Falcon online though as it's one of the more detailed amiibo, and they seem to suffer the most from dodgy paintwork. :hmm:

Really looking forward to seeing the amiibo for Wario, R.O.B. and Duck Hunt Duo. :D

DHD is obviously going to require lots of additional support though... I just hope they use the clear plastic for it.

Yeah, reckon I'm gonna end up doing the same. Bit worried about getting Captain Falcon online though as it's one of the more detailed amiibo, and they seem to suffer the most from dodgy paintwork. :hmm:

Think i'm gonna order him soon as Amazon have already sold out of him and Little Mac.

@Serebii and anyone else who ordered some online, were they well packed or just shipped in jiffy bags?

I was looking at the Amiibos that have apparently been discontinued and it seems it's the ones that don't have any unlocks in Mario Kart 8. This theory works out fine expect for Pikachu, but seeing as he is crazy popular it wouldn't make sense to get rid of him.

If this pans out it means Captain Falcon and Luigi should be fine to pick up in the next wave but Pit, Diddy Kong, Little Mac and Zelda may be the ones to go next.

Of course this is all speculation on my part but it kinda makes sense. They have extras locked on Mario Kart and if they stop production of those Amiibos then they will remain locked forever.

@Serebii and anyone else who ordered some online, were they well packed or just shipped in jiffy bags?
The Mario amiibo I got from Amazon came in a huge cardboard box. Can't remember if there was any bubble wrap or extra padding inside that box, but there was definitely no damage to the amiibo packaging itself.

Think i'm gonna order him soon as Amazon have already sold out of him and Little Mac.

I was looking at the Amiibos that have apparently been discontinued and it seems it's the ones that don't have any unlocks in Mario Kart 8. This theory works out fine expect for Pikachu, but seeing as he is crazy popular it wouldn't make sense to get rid of him.

If this pans out it means Captain Falcon and Luigi should be fine to pick up in the next wave but Pit, Diddy Kong, Little Mac and Zelda may be the ones to go next.

Of course this is all speculation on my part but it kinda makes sense. They have extras locked on Mario Kart and if they stop production of those Amiibos then they will remain locked forever.

The ones I got from ShopTo were in a standard packaging bag so the cardboard was bent a little. The plastic of the Yoshi one was bent in a little too

The ones I got from ShopTo were in a standard packaging back so the cardboard was bent a little. The plastic of the Yoshi one was bent in a little too

Guess I'll avoid Shopto then. Think I'll try my luck with Amazon and Nintendo UK store.

Was that a pre-order or post release? I think they must have run out of stock and are awaiting replenishment - not cool if they already charged you though.

It was in stock on the 29th when i ordered it, it was marked "dispatched" on Monday. Checked with the delivery company with the reference Nintendo gave me, can't find it on-site nor over the phone. It's not cool if they've charged me and not even sent it.

Put a pre-order down for one of the Phase 3 Amiibo's. Not really interested yet in getting any others, as soon as Kirby arrives (if it does) then that's all the Phase 1's i'm planning on getting.

I hope they don't mess around with my other pre-orders, do they even charge accounts before the orders are dispatched?

Edited by Jimbob

I hope they don't mess around with my other pre-orders, do they even charge accounts before the orders are dispatched?

Not if you paid by card. Think they do if you pay via PayPal.

Got a mix ordered on Amazon and the Nintendo Store. My poor wallet. No wonder Nintendo's profit estimate is so high.

Got a mix ordered on Amazon and the Nintendo Store. My poor wallet. No wonder Nintendo's profit estimate is so high.

Were the ones from Nintendo themselves well packaged?

Just checked the FAQ's after posting that, they don't charge PayPal either until the order has been dispatched as well (unless that's out of date). Not that it bothers me too much, got the funds in the account to cover the purchases.

anyone else who ordered some online, were they well packed or just shipped in jiffy bags?

Here's all the info you need...

ShopTo - BIG Jiffy bag, offers moderate protection, creased cardboard likely, most reached me unscathed though. 6/10 ('free' large jiffy bag with each figure though) :D

Tesco Direct - Moderately sized box with a reasonable amount of packaging though you need to remember that some of the stock might have been hanging around in a warehouse for a bit so possible scuffed packaging but not much. 8/10

Nintendo Store - Precisely gauged box size, expertly packed figures with bubble packing (but not wrap) and all that, they know how many figures will fit in each box and don't try to 'overfill' so they get to you in really good condition. 9/10

I can't comment on Amazon because I don't really use them mainly because I don't trust them, especially seeing as they didn't fulfil all of those GC adaptor pre-orders which I thought was disgraceful, a company should know how many of the item they are getting in stock (roughly) so that the pre-order option automatically cuts off when the initial allocation reaches zero or at least let people know that they will be in the next wave if there even is to be one in the case of the adaptor. :blank:

Naturally I've pre-ordered wave 2 with the Nintendo Store because it makes sense also around Christmas time everything goes to hell so if you go with one of the latter two options then at least they will arrive by van but it all depends on stock levels of course. :)

Anyway, hope this helps! : peace:

Cheers, Sam. I'll just get them from the Nintendo UK site then.

No worries, you're welcome. :D

I've just pre-ordered more on the store as I've noticed that there are now other Amiibo up there now including third party ones - MegaMan is up there! - so I've just added all of them to my basket and checked out, my wallet is not going to get much of a break in 2015. :blank:

By the way what are you doing with all the packaging to yours? I've become adept at cutting the plastic on the underside so I can slide the figures out without too much damage to the card and I'm then sticking it back down with a small bit of low-tack sellotape before neatly storing them on top of my other boxes; I've even taped a few of them together lightly to make it a bit easier though I'm starting to run out of room already... :heh:

Let's face it I really didn't have the space for all of these before I started collecting them but oh well. ::shrug:

There's no stopping my amiibo addiction now! :shakehead

(we'll all have to start having AA - Amiiboholics Anonamous - meetings at this rate) :indeed:

No worries, you're welcome. :D

I've just pre-ordered more on the store as I've noticed that there are now other Amiibo up there now including third party ones - MegaMan is up there! - so I've just added all of them to my basket and checked out, my wallet is not going to get much of a break in 2015. :blank:

By the way what are you doing with all the packaging to yours? I've become adept at cutting the plastic on the underside so I can slide the figures out without too much damage to the card and I'm then sticking it back down with a small bit of low-tack sellotape before neatly storing them on top of my other boxes; I've even taped a few of them together lightly to make it a bit easier though I'm starting to run out of room already... :heh:

Let's face it I really didn't have the space for all of these before I started collecting them but oh well. ::shrug:

There's no stopping my amiibo addiction now! :shakehead

(we'll all have to start having AA - Amiiboholics Anonamous - meetings at this rate) :indeed:

Oh they added Waves 3 & 4? Time to pre-order from there then. Not entirely sure with ShopTo at the moment after the catastrophe two weeks ago.

There, just pre-ordered Lucario, Bowser and Toon Link. May order Sonic at a later date, but that's it for me for Waves 3 & 4

I haven't seen any amiibo in the flesh yet :hmm:

I was in Sainsbury's last night for a couple of things and checked the pitiful gaming section to see that there was no sign of them. I then nipped into the Smyths nearby and they didn't have any either, which surprised me given that it's a toy store with a considerable, if useless, gaming section.. ::shrug:

I may pop into GAME later in the week to see if they have any. I kinda feel like I want one, even if I don't need it :heh:

Amazon was perfect packaging not he amiibo, in a box, all neat and the boxes were immaculate, shopto was awful, bent boxes!

Are you keep the cardboard backs too Hero?

Are you keep the cardboard backs too Hero?

I've actually only opened 5 at the moment, as Im was just using them for Hyrule Warriors at the moment. The rest are still sealed. I opened Link because of the Hyrule Warriors weapon and then Kirby ( box was a bit damaged ) and Fox for Mario Kart outfits. I got 2 Marths so opened one of them and Pikachu was opened because I didn't think things through. :D

I'm thinking about keeping a full set boxed and getting a second set and opening them for Mario Kart.

So, let's make a guess which (6?) figures will be in the next wave!

1. Ness

2. Olimar

3. Robin

4. Palutena

5. Charizard (or Greninja)

6. Pacman

Still no Greninja, eh?

Taking their sweet time with that one, huh?

It's cool, no probs, but I'm not spending a penny on Amiibo's until that one at least.

I suggested a few of these as potential Christmas gifts, I'll be annoyed if I don't get them for Christmas and they are out of stock.

Although I'm not planning on getting them all anyway so it will just make my choices a bit easier

anyone else who ordered some online, were they well packed or just shipped in jiffy bags?

Mine both came in a overly large cardboard box with lots of packaging, the amiibo packaging was in perfect condition, right up to the point where I opened them up.

Anyone who is after the hard to find Kirby Nintendo UK store just got him back in stock.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Anyone who is after the hard to find Kirby Nintendo UK store just got him

back in stock.

Thank you! Been trying to find one for ages

Thank you! Been trying to find one for ages

Any time.

No body should be without the pink little guy in his or her collection. This goes for you to @Serebii. I've been reading the Gaf thread and I'm shocked and saddened by your feelings towards the Kirby games. For shame!:shakehead

Any time.

No body should be without the pink little guy in his or her collection. This goes for you to @Serebii. I've been reading the Gaf thread and I'm shocked and saddened by your feelings towards the Kirby games. For shame!:shakehead

Never really played them. Don't really interest me.