NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

And maybe, just to complete the set, Maybe, maybe, maybe, ugh, I really don't want to, but yeah, ok, maybe also Peach :nono:

You have 10 seconds to GTFO.

:heh:

If you don't get Peach, then the amiibo screen on Mario Kart 8 will just sit there with one box unticked

Got a Fox Amiibo in GAME on Monday, last one they had in stock. Happened to have it in my hand and just paid for it as someone was asking if they had any Fox Amiibo's instore. Kirby Amiibo should (hopefully) be at the house when i get home this evening from Nintendo.

Not too fussed on getting the full collection, but i'm impressed none the less with them.

Weirdness: Legless Peach amiibo Now Up For Sale

Literally legless

Since amiibo hit stores we've had the opportunity to interact with some of our Nintendo heroes, even if the final retail figures aren't quite as fancy as the demo units revealed at E3. In the vast majority of cases each model is of reasonable quality, but odd defects can happen — one lucky fan discovered a dual-wielding Samus and then flogged it for $2500.

Searching for defective amiibo toys could become a new gold rush, as another has appeared that — as far as we can tell — is legitimate. It's a Peach toy without any legs, which is probably — in the interests of the Princess — for the best in light of the odd photos some have been taking of this amiibo. It's legitimate enough that the seller has just recently put it live on eBay.

original.jpg

original.jpg

With the item just launched it's yet to attract bids, though we doubt it'll reach the heights of the Samus amiibo oddity. It's easy to see — considering the automated mass production that brings us these toys — how parts can occasionally be missed; it's not like Peach is going to get up and walk out of the factory...

We'll add this to the list of amiibo oddities, then. Would you like to own a Peach amiibo like this, or is there a particular character defect you'd love to discover?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/12/weirdness_legless_peach_amiibo_now_up_for_sale

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Factory-Sealed-Peach-Amiibo-legless-Rare-/291314556496

No way does this make it anywhere near the $2,500 Samus made. She's missing something whereas with Samus you were gaining something and it was an important feature. The only way these would be worth more with something missing is if some of the horrible stands were gone.

So I finally opened the three Amiibo figures I had in my possession last night and yes I used a small pair of scissors to cut through the bottom plastic part which is actually partially perforated so it's almost as if they expect you to open them this way perhaps :confused: not that it matters ultimately...

Anyway I must say that they are pretty decent, well-made figures which have no obvious paint defects plus the poses are pretty nice, the stands aren't too bad either or the support poles. :)

Hyrule Warriors - Got my spinner though I didn't feel like using it yet because with my other two figures I unlocked a super-powered Dominion Rod plus a six-slotted Mirror of Twilight for use with Midna who I couldn't wait to try out being that I'd only just installed the Twilight Princess DLC; I can safely say I'll be playing the game more now as it was the first time in around a month that I'd played it.

Mario Kart 8 - I unlocked my Mario, Samus and Link costumes for my Mii, started racing through the first set of dlc tracks as Samus... then I messed it up at the end of the first race so I tried the Link costume out instead and still messed it up later in the GP as I came first but was aiming for three stars which I still haven't got on all of 150cc; but anyway the outfits are a nice addition.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Once again I scanned in the figures, first up was Samus who I simply named 'Samus Aran' because I could while choosing the Fusion Suit (obviously) ;) then there was Link who got named 'FierceLink' (Hnnnnnnnnggh!) :indeed: Fierce Deity costume naturally (also Fierce Deity wouldn't fit in the char limit) and finally Mario who I picked the fire flower outfit for making him 'Fire Mario' :blank: I suck at names OK? Anyway I had a few cool fights including one where I had me playing as Gravity Suit Samus with 'Samus Aran' in the fusion suit (along with two other suited Samus') all up against Ripley... guess who took out the purple beast? Yep the one FP in the game... or at least it came very close to doing so, was nice to see how they learn and level up, a few other games were had and I must say it's a feature I can see myself using a lot in multiplayer. : peace:

So all in all pretty good, three more arrived today - D.K, Fox and Pikachu - so I will unseal those later and test them out this evening after I've finished writing up a few game reviews, overall it was a pretty positive initial experience with the figures and I can't wait to see what the future holds for them. :)

Picked up a Yoshi from my local Argos today, last one they had in stock (I had to reserve it last night) and pretty much every other one was sold out today except for DK and Mario. Guy behind the counter commented that they were selling really well and that the Link model won their Smash Bros tournament last night.

I do kind of wish they weren't releasing every Smash character though, it's going to make collecting them all far more unlikely for me.

GAME upped the price of Amiibo figures to £15 from £10.99 in my local store.

Argos also have a 2 for £21 offer on at the moment for anyone interested, they seem like a good bet to grab the rarer figures like Kirby.

Went into my local GAME today and as Guy said, they're £15 now :( also completely rubbish here. I took me ages to find them, they were on two bottom shelves, under some game guides and Wii U carry cases, one shelf had 3 starfox amiibos stretched out and the other was full of Samus ones. That was it :/

Managed to snag the last Yoshi in an Argos an hour away by bus. They initially told me it was out of stock, but I had one reserved and showed them the email/text to come collect. They magically found one then, very strange...

Got Peach too. Decent face and both legs, result.

Just Mario, Link and DK to go. Those ones truly can wait, they have loads in my local Toys R Us, which I'll price match once they hit under £10 somewhere online.

Edited by Guy

Managed to snag the last Yoshi in an Argos an hour away by bus. They initially told me it was out of stock, but I had one reserved and showed them the email/text to come collect. They magically found one then, very strange...

Well tbf it was out of stock. You could have been anyone off the street asking for one. Their stock level is separate to reservations.

Well tbf it was out of stock. You could have been anyone off the street asking for one. Their stock level is separate to reservations.

Sorry, I probably didn't explain myself well. I showed them the reservation number for the reservation I'd made for collection today and they then brought the order up on screen and told me it was now out of stock - as in they didn't have the figure I'd reserved to come pick up before close of business today.

The woman also tried to tell me my reservation was for just one of the figures, but realised it was for the whole order when I showed her the email. They were very helpful, just thought it was a bit strange.

I've bought Peach :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Embrace the Princess markderoos. EMBRACE PEACHY.

:hug:

Embrace the Princess markderoos. EMBRACE PEACHY.

:hug:

Don't embrace her too much, lest you get slapped with a restraining order.

Dangerously hooked on these things. Wave 2 came out in Japan today, so expect images of the downgrades soon.

First pic of them packaged is here - Diddy has crazy eyes, while Falcon and Mac adopted some serious Link pose:

FmRacK8.jpg

And a close-up of Pit from a store display cabinet. Looks solid.

9QoZbxI.jpg

Just ordered a Pit, Falcon and Little Mac from Amiami, only ¥1,100 each - about £6 per figure. I still have Zelda, Diddy and Luigi pre-ordered over here, so hopefully they won't be the tough ones to track down.

Beats the hell out of GAME's £15 each, even with inevitable ¥2,000+ yen EMS shipping.

Expecting this to all go horribly wrong, but I'll keep you guys updated on the viability of this process.

Edited by Guy

Why not just get them from Amazon, £10. Though it's pretty incredible every first wave figure is sold out there at the moment, that has to be a good sign.

Why not just get them from Amazon, £10. Though it's pretty incredible every first wave figure is sold out there at the moment, that has to be a good sign.

Pikachu isn't ;) Wii fit trainer is also available!

I notice the later waves are coming through closer to £13 though... I think the popularity is driving the price up :/

Just had a look... averages:

wave 1 = £10.12

wave 2 = £10.85

Waves 3 & 4 = £13.33

Edited by Pestneb

Really want these to stay closer to the £10 mark, buying them all at £15 isn't really viable... Hope this is just a launch hype hike.

Really want these to stay closer to the £10 mark, buying them all at £15 isn't really viable... Hope this is just a launch hype hike.

It does seem that way according to reports, GAME are just cashing in on the hype for them at the moment. Which sounds typical for them really, greedy greedy company. Also Argos has them for £10.99, so unless they price match GAME are going to lose out big time.

All are still in stock on Nintendo's store* @ £10.99 each with free postage (*apart from Kirby, Villager and Yoshi). I would order a Link on there, but after hearing reports of some having dodgy paintwork i'd rather wait and inspect them before buying.

Give it time and they'll reduce back down to normal price once the hype has died off a little. I'll be looking again when the next batch of Amiibo's are due.

Edited by Jimbob

I think I'm going to stick to online, it's done ok for me so far, plus it's been far cheaper. I've only got 2 so far, most of the 1st wave ones I want are suggested christmas presents at the moment so I'm holding off... but really hoping I get hold of a Yoshi : /

Much like the Gamecube controller adapter fiasco, it's a combination of stock and demand but more likely down to limited stock. I know a lot of shops that only got 1 amiibo of each character and in some places didn't have any at all. Maybe that's their plan to drive demand before making a second delivery in time for Christmas. In the meantime some of the retailers have gotten greedy. Why do people continue to give GAME money when they habitually act as they do ripping off customers?

Edited by Wii

Great news that these seem to be flying off the shelves, wouldn't you say @Wii. I'm certainly very happy with the ones I've gotten so far. Just Peach :nono: and Kirby to get. Well done Ninty, great to see a major product of theirs in demand and sold out on Amazon again.

...we're blokes feeling powerless and compelled to buy little figurines of princesses dressed in pink?