NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Not enough, needs Baby Pink Gold Peach.

You'd think they were running out of Mario characters to use, but I'm sure any decent Mario fan could name a whole bunch of characters that haven't appeared in Mario Kart yet.

Wart comes to mind for me. Absolutely criminal that he doesn't appear in 3D World when SMB 2 inspired a lot of the features.

Has anybody lately told you how much you sound like Nietsche, Einstein, Voltaire and Da Vinci?

If not, I don't understand why nobody did...

:bowdown:

Has anybody lately told you how much you sound like Nietsche, Einstein, Voltaire and Da Vinci?

If not, I don't understand why nobody did...

:bowdown:

138.gif

Oh you!

If you knew me in real life, you would not think that.

Look what I picked up today!

IMG_5187_zpsdc250c04.jpg

IMG_5188_zpsd3ecc766.jpg

Couldn't believe it when I saw them out on the shelf. Was only a fluke I even bothered looking, as I was interested to see what stock they had left and how much they were charging. Noticed Kirby in stock first at £14.99... then noticed the one next to it was only £10.99... and a Luigi!!! Nearly did a double take when I realised they actually had the full line up. Was expecting them not to go through the tills but not a problem, even got a free £5 voucher for next time. Roll on wave 3!

Won't say which branch of Game it was in case it gets them in trouble, but stopped by the Xscape branch near Leeds on the way home and they also had them out, but priced at £14.99 and not actually selling them yet. Talk about a fluke as I didn't even know I would be in Yorkshire today until about 5am this morning.

Nicely done @VsPhoenix : peace: that was rather lucky I think, good to see you got them for a fair price too... at Game no less!?! Really surprised as I thought they would be hiking up the price of them the moment they put them on the shelves. :indeed:

This makes me even more hyped for the second wave now, so thanks for sharing a pic of them with us. :D

Nice find! Did you post on Neogaf about it as well? A guy posted earlier saying he found them in Game. I've got all of the second wave preordered apart from Little Mac so I may have a cheeky look in Game tomorrow to see if he's out in the wild yet.

Nice find! Did you post on Neogaf about it as well?

No, just here. I would guess they've all had them in and it depends on the staff as to whether they know/care about the street date or not. They scanned straight though the tills at £10.99, so they're obviously in the system.

I thought they weren't out until next week???

They aren't but I guess GAME are just putting them out as they recieve them.

We complain about GAME all the time, then they do stuff like this. Selling 1/2 the Amiibo's at one price, and the new lot at the RRP a week early.

Wow, major break of the street date from GAME and a nice early score for you - awesome stuff! Hoping my Japanese Pit, Falcon and Mac arrive tomorrow - good chance of that happening from the last check of the tracking code.

Pretty thrilled to see the new wave is priced decently in-store. I cancelled all my wave 2 GAME pre-orders out of worry the price hike wouldn't shift until after Christmas, but I have enough credit kicking about for about three figures at Nintendo RRP. Guess we'll wait and see what Shopto do with the last three wave 2 figures I'll need and scope out GAME on release day if things are looking dire.

Good thing there's a month or so between wave 2 and the next. I can't possibly continue with the collection if there's a new set of figures every goddamn month. If that turns out to be the case... I'll probably just complete the Smash Bros. set and just buy occasional ones from the later releases.

Edited by Guy

I just got Fox and Link from Taobao here - 20 quid for both, which I think is okay for shit imported from Japan.

I'm considering getting a Marth and leaving it unopened - valuable/not valuable?

Seems the US sold over 700,000 amiibo in November. Nintendo said amiibo sales were about the same as Smash Wii U which had 700,000. Not too shabby

Plus, 200,000 are said to have been sold in France alone. This means we're almost certainly over 1 million amiibos sold.

Edited by Serebii

Seems the US sold over 700,000 amiibo in November. Nintendo said amiibo sales were about the same as Smash Wii U which had 700,000. Not too shabby

Plus, 200,000 are said to have been sold in France alone. This means we're almost certainly over 1 million amiibos sold.

Sounds pretty decent I think.

Japanese sales

http://www.m-create.com/english/late...e_ranking.html

“amiibo” sold 104 thousand units across 18 characters.

a simple calculation, one unit was sold per 2 copies of “Super Smash Bros. for Wii U” so far, although there was the possibility of buying multiple units and of purchasing it alone.

Among all characters, “amiibo Link” was the most popular (16 thousand units), which was compatible not only with “for Wii U” but also with “Hyrule Warriors,” so it seems to acquire users who wanted to get special items.

Edited by liger05

Seems the package has been delivered, so if all goes to plan I should have some opened pics of Japanese Captain Falcon, Little Mac and Pit later tonight if anyone's interested?

Seems the package has been delivered, so if all goes to plan I should have some opened pics of Japanese Captain Falcon, Little Mac and Pit later tonight if anyone's interested?

Congratulations! :)

I'd like to see those : peace:

Many GAME are selling Wave 2 now, sending tweets and everything

Went to mine, just Mario Samus Fox & Kirby. Lame.

You not got the ones you wanted preordered anyway?

You not got the ones you wanted preordered anyway?

Yeah but that's next week and I can cancel them still :p

Thanks for the info! Gonna check the Hamleys branch on lunch to see what's going on.

Falcon... Pics! Please. :heh:

Would also like to know just how secure that support pillar is, and if there's a possibility it could be removed. ;)

Oh my god. All this selling out business has just planted the idea in. Y head that I will just preorder every sung,r amiibo that gets put out. I don't want any regrets. The whole thing is just insane. It's a lot of money for figures... Damn you Nintendo.

Now open that theme park!

At GAME Hamleys now. Street date broken. They have every figure except Pit.

My local Game still has just wave 1 Amiibo in, sadly.

However got my Wii Fit Trainer today which I'm chuffed about, makes up for getting home last night and finding Kirby has a slight crack running along the plastic casing on one side, I'll have to gift it now to someone who wants to use it rather than keep it.

Prices for these are insane though, seems Trainer, Villager and Amarth are the holy trinity!

Question though, is it better to stick or twist? Looks like I could probably double my price and get £30 or so if I sold now, but if I hang on, do you think the buzz and demand will continue?