NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Okay what the hell, I turned on Smash Bros just now and my Amiibo's gone back down to level 1? God dammit

Okay what the hell, I turned on Smash Bros just now and my Amiibo's gone back down to level 1? God dammit

Did you forget to sync it after battle when it levelled up?

It's disguting you're condoning it.

Taking advantage of people isn't a justifiable action.

I'm certainly not condoning it, although re-reading my post I can see how it would look that way.

To justify it I would have to make a false assumption that everyone earns the same wage/salary and has an equal amount of disposable income.

In that scenario, I know I don't want an amiibo to the value of £15. So fair play that those who DO want it that much get to buy them.

In reality, a person with £10 disposable income a month is priced out, regardless of how much they want an amiibo, whereas a person with £20 disposable income isn't, that is of course unless they want to purchase more than one!

I think the main reason I'm not too upset about the potential of figures being phased out is that I had no intention of getting a complete set, so such a policy helps me out.

The main reason I am upset is that it appears the few figures I had wanted to buy are the very ones selling out :(

I'm so happy they aren't limiting certain amiibo to be exclusives bundled in with games.

...Yet

Apparently Shulk is all ready closed for preorders, fuck.

yeah, I'm not liking all these pre-orders being sold out. I wanted a little Mac and also King Dedede, Meta Knight and Kirby as a set (to complete a dreamland set) but it looks unlikely I'll manage that now :(

Did you forget to sync it after battle when it levelled up?

I have no idea, I remember going back to the main menu and the game telling me to put my Amiibo back on the gamepad so I thought it saved.

...Yet

As soon as they start with bundling exlusives, I stop with going for the 100% complete amiibo collection.

My poor wallet would be so happy though ;)

Having now played in the Captain Falcon Mii costume, I hope this kind of application is used a lot in future.

Thats the one, get it bought.

Bought. Finally. You'll miss my fax machine though.

I'm certainly not condoning it, although re-reading my post I can see how it would look that way.

To justify it I would have to make a false assumption that everyone earns the same wage/salary and has an equal amount of disposable income.

In that scenario, I know I don't want an amiibo to the value of £15. So fair play that those who DO want it that much get to buy them.

In reality, a person with £10 disposable income a month is priced out, regardless of how much they want an amiibo, whereas a person with £20 disposable income isn't, that is of course unless they want to purchase more than one!

I think the main reason I'm not too upset about the potential of figures being phased out is that I had no intention of getting a complete set, so such a policy helps me out.

The main reason I am upset is that it appears the few figures I had wanted to buy are the very ones selling out :(

Fair enough. I just hate the idea of ripping people off, especially businesses like gsme, going over the RRP, it's just crazy they're allowed to do it.

I'll be very interested to see the situation in a few months, when more stock is out there. What happens to prices, and General sales.

...Yet

I can't find shulk, dedede or meta knight anyone to preorder. It's mental!

I can't find shulk, dedede or meta knight anyone to preorder. It's mental!

GAME are still accepting orders on all three at RRP, might be worth a go?

Shulk

Metaknight

Dedede

This weeks Nintendo Voice Chat has a segment on Amiibo and it's hilarious. Brian especially had me in stitches with his antics. All three of them n the show have been bitten by the collecting bug and they've all entered into a pact where if all of them are after a figure and they see 3 of them on the shelf, then that person has to buy them. :D

My second Villager finally arrived today!

image_zps9978ec0a.jpg

I just got in from work when a van pulled up and dropped off my wave 2 figures from Nintendo.

image_zps3c7d0d05.jpg

image_zps09d4edd1.jpg

Pit looks absolutely amazing! Easily my favourite Amiibo so far. One of my Luigis will need to be sent back though as it has a blob of blue paint in one of his eyes. :( Looks as if he's crying. :)

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Picked up Mario, Link and DK today. That's all of them so far, time to chill out for a bit.

Falcon GET! :yay:

I am soooo impressed with the quality of the Captain Falcon amiibo, ridiculously awesome. icon14.gif

The detailing/paintwork on it is incredible. From the texture on the grip of his gun, to the little buckles on his boots and belt. :awesome:

Even the support pillar isn't anywhere near as bad as I was expecting it to be. :)

Here's the best thing of all though, there's actually something slightly wrong with my Falcon amiibo (no, not 2 heads, missing limbs or anything like that :heh:) the colour of his suit is incorrect. Yeah, instead of being blue it's much closer to purple! But I'm loving it, it looks just like the colour he was in Smash 64. :D

Already unlocked the Mii suit in MK8 (as seen above) and my Mario amiibo FP (which I personally trained up to Lv.50) in Smash Bros. has now been training my Falcon FP for me. :grin:

He's already up to Lv.40, where in fact he managed to get his first win against the Lv.50 Mario! :hehe:

Anyway, really hope the Falcon amiibo sells well. I'm still holding on to the belief that it could make a new F-Zero game a reality. ;)

Annoying. Nintendo sent my order and they charged me £44, but I only ordered 3 in this wave from them. Just looked, I accidentally ordered 2 diddys... Bugger.... I couldn't even accidentally order an extra rare character. Oh no. Old fucked eyes himself!

Oh damn and blast. I finally gave into temptation and bought my first Amiibo the other day.

"I'll just have the one... Hey, these are actually pretty cooohhhh no..."

Essentially, my situation is like this video. In this analogy, I'm Joey, the chocolate cake represents the Amiibos and the woman looking at Joey in disgust represents how society now views me.

It's all downhill from here, because I now have four, and possibly two or three more on the way depending on how nice Argos want to be with my reservation of Villager and Marth ones. I don't even want Wii Fit Trainer, but I just ordered one from Game today! I must have them all now for some reason. It's because I never got a Charizard in the Pokémon Trading Card Game as a kid, isn't it? I'm going to be poor forever, aren't I? Send help, pals.

Essentially, my situation is like the events of GBA game Mario vs Donkey Kong. In this analogy, I'm Donkey Kong, the Mini Mario toys represent... forget it, basically I'm going to rob the location that makes Amiibos if I don't get one of them, and they'll have to send a fat Italian bloke to throw me off the top of the building.

Oh damn and blast. I finally gave into temptation and bought my first Amiibo the other day.

"I'll just have the one... Hey, these are actually pretty cooohhhh no..."

Essentially, my situation is like this video. In this analogy, I'm Joey, the chocolate cake represents the Amiibos and the woman looking at Joey in disgust represents how society now views me.

It's all downhill from here, because I now have four, and possibly two or three more on the way depending on how nice Argos want to be with my reservation of Villager and Marth ones. I don't even want Wii Fit Trainer, but I just ordered one from Game today! I must have them all now for some reason. It's because I never got a Charizard in the Pokémon Trading Card Game as a kid, isn't it? I'm going to be poor forever, aren't I? Send help, pals.

Essentially, my situation is like the events of GBA game Mario vs Donkey Kong. In this analogy, I'm Donkey Kong, the Mini Mario toys represent... forget it, basically I'm going to rob the location that makes Amiibos if I don't get one of them, and they'll have to send a fat Italian bloke to throw me off the top of the building.

We should start an AAA: Amiibo Addicts Anonymous :(

Go my first hands on with amiibo earlier this morning, in Asda of all places!

£10 a figure, which seemed decent. Peach looked like shit, so i therefore lost all interest

Right by the till they were though...

temporary_zpsb9c41b33.jpg

I was only buying a cd for a secret Santa so was pleasantly surprised to see them!

My Pit got dispatched today, but nothing from Shopto about Little Mac and Falcon who I've pre-ordered.

@Hero\-of\-Time are you buying one of each for keeping one sealed and using the other? That's what I plan on doing, but i'm taking my sweet ass time with it currently. Only got 4 different so far (all still sealed)

My Pit got dispatched today, but nothing from Shopto about Little Mac and Falcon who I've pre-ordered.

@Hero\-of\-Time are you buying one of each for keeping one sealed and using the other? That's what I plan on doing, but i'm taking my sweet ass time with it currently. Only got 4 different so far (all still sealed)

Yeah. I just need 2 Little Macs and another Peach, Samus and Mario and then im caught up.

Peach looked like shit

You've angered the Princess.

67dea81e47c405c4af05e44d7b736cb2-1.gif

Very surprised to hear you say that. She does look like she took a clobbering from her frying pan alright. If amiibo stick around for the long haul there's a good chance there'll be another Princess Peach. One with a better face and better, more stable poses all round for the rest of them.

It's because I never got a Charizard in the Pokémon Trading Card Game as a kid, isn't it? I'm going to be poor forever, aren't I? Send help, pals.

For what it's worth, I was that kid that had a Charizard, and I let all my classmates and friends know!

I was obnoxious at times.

I actually like the peach amigo...

I remember making a joke about someone making the same mistake a while back.

I'm guessing auto-correct threw you off, huh?