NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

I was in GAME in Leeds on Saturday...they had a nice display up advertising them, but none in stock, not sure if they'd sold out or what but that queue out the door stopped me asking to find out

Well after vowing only to buy a handful of Amiibo consisting of three for my collection and a couple for Christmas presents I've now gone and ordered the full set after one of the ones from ShopTo didn't arrive - ended up being the double Link instead - so I went on a mission and then got caught up in the madness of discount codes... so erm yeah. :blank:

At least one or two of them ended up being free though, anyone looking for a saving on Amiibo go on to Tesco, spend at least £30 then use this code for £5 for today only...

TDX-FXRT

Makes them a bit cheaper at least. : peace:

I haven't actually unsealed any of mine yet, was going to wait until I have at least five of them in my possession though I was wondering, how did some of you open the packaging? Did you do it carefully using the 'box cutter' method or just savagely rip them open? :D

Well after vowing only to buy a handful of Amiibo consisting of three for my collection and a couple for Christmas presents I've now gone and ordered the full set after one of the ones from ShopTo didn't arrive - ended up being the double Link instead - so I went on a mission and then got caught up in the madness of discount codes... so erm yeah. :blank:

At least one or two of them ended up being free though, anyone looking for a saving on Amiibo go on to Tesco, spend at least £30 then use this code for £5 for today only...

TDX-FXRT

Makes them a bit cheaper at least. : peace:

I haven't actually unsealed any of mine yet, was going to wait until I have at least five of them in my possession though I was wondering, how did some of you open the packaging? Did you do it carefully using the 'box cutter' method or just savagely rip them open? :D

Tore the plastic off with my teeth

While I wasn't as savage as Serebii, I did just open them normally. None of that stanley knife faffing about for me.

Argh, addictimus maximus :shakehead

Do some of you guys remember me saying I would wait for the third wave? Ok, so that didn't happen... :hmm:

Please don't hold it against me :(

Now I'm officially a 33 year old child without a backbone...

I love it how most of us on here are in our late twenties to early thirties and we are the ones snapping these up. Nintendo have us by the balls. :D

I used the stanley knife method, the cardboard is in one piece. The plasic however, isn't so much. I made a decision that i wouldn't get all the Amiibo's, but only a selection. Seems to be going well, got 2 out of the 4 i'm after (i say 2, Kirby is shipping my way as i speak from Nintendo whilst Yoshi is at home). The other 2 i'm after are Link and Captain Falcon

I took care when opening the first few, even followed some intricate YouTube guide, but I very quickly remembered my family attic is full of action figure boxes. Those figures cost hundreds of pounds, Amiibo figures cost £10 each. Gonna throw the Amiibo boxes away, it's time to start living on the edge.

Anyone got a Pikachu Amiibo? And if so, does it give you a costume in MK8?

Anyone got a Pikachu Amiibo? And if so, does it give you a costume in MK8?

It doesn't ;)

Only foxs, samus, link, falcon, kirby, dk, peach, luigi and mario do, from the top off my mind...

It doesn't ;)

Only foxs, samus, link, falcon, kirby, dk, peach, luigi and mario do, from the top off my mind...

Well that's poo!

My daughter want's that one, and it'll do Bugger all!!

That defective double arm cannoned Samus amiibo has sold for $2,500 on Ebay. :o :o :o That's ridiculous. I looked at the bidding history expecting to see feedback scores of 0 but it appears to have been all legitimate bids.

original.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Factory-Sealed-Defect-Samus-Amiibo-Dual-Cannons-RARE-/171555687750

Lucky sod. It's like finding a golden ticket for Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory only rarer.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

That defective double arm cannoned Samus amiibo has sold for $2,500 on Ebay. :o :o :o That's ridiculous. I looked at the bidding history expecting to see feedback scores of 0 but it appears to have been all legitimate bids.

original.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Factory-Sealed-Defect-Samus-Amiibo-Dual-Cannons-RARE-/171555687750

Lucky sod. It's like finding a golden ticket for Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory only rarer.

Really clever to sell it as well. Most people would either not realise that it was defective, or skipped buying it because of that defect.

And also like Hero, I'm the youngest 35 (oh boy) year old you're likely to meet.

I'm of a similar age

@Wii, you're in your 30s? I have a really hard time believing that. Please say it isn't so??

I Picked up the Mario Amiibo today from Toys R us. Got myself a Disney Infinity toy even though I don't own that game, i just think it looks great lol

B321y_4CMAEAwVV.jpg

Any idea how these are selling? They seem quite popular but who knows how many Nintendo shipped.

They seem to be moving decently from what I can see - I think it's only really collector folk and a few kids buying though as the Amiibo proposition is still too vague and unclear to appeal to the Infinity and Skylanders crowd.

I saw loads of Mario, Pikachu, Fox, Samus, Link and DK in Toys R Us yesterday, while our local GAME only seems to have a few characters left. ARGOS also seems to be a good bet for the harder to find figures, at the cost of being unable to inspect them on the shelf.

Gonna need to grab a Yoshi and Peach soon, not too worried about Mario, DK and Link as they seem to be the most stocked everywhere and can wait.

Also need to pre-order wave 2, predict a lot of those characters are gonna be in short supply as soon as they go on sale.

has anyone else had a "corrupted" amiibo? I cancelled out of a screen in smash bros, effectively leaving my figurine at level 21, but the game only remembered it was level 10. Next time I scanned it, I was informed it was corrupted. Did I want to upload the data the game had stored locally...

I can't remember exactly how I did it to replicate, but it suggests that the smash game data can safely be deleted, to make room for a different games data, then smash game data can be restored at a later point...

I Picked up the Mario Amiibo today from Toys R us. Got myself a Disney Infinity toy even though I don't own that game, i just think it looks great lol

B321y_4CMAEAwVV.jpg

Is it just me, or does Donald look to be of waaay inferior quality.

I stopped by GAME today, and to my surprise they already had the Smash + amiibo bundle, so I've completed the first amiibo wave now! :yay:

Is it just me, or does Donald look to be of waaay inferior quality.

Having seen both in real life, I'd definitely agree. The detail on Mario - and most of the amiibos so far, really - is outstanding compared to most Disney Infinity and Skylanders figurines.

Of course, in Donald's case it doesn't help that they ruined him with the terrible Infinity artstyle (though the figurine still looks a billion times better than his ingame model). Poor guy... :shakehead

Picked up Fox, Pikachu and Samus yesterday from Argos. They're really great. Fox especially is amazingly detailed.

Amazon seem to have sold out of most of them!

I currently own Mario, Pikachu, Samus, DK, Fox, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager and Link.

As soon as I see Kirby, Yoshi or Marth, I'll snatch those up.

And maybe, just to complete the set, Maybe, maybe, maybe, ugh, I really don't want to, but yeah, ok, maybe also Peach :nono: