NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

They must be busy selling all of those bicycle parts. :indeed:

What the hell??

My Fox amiibo has now shipped.

I'm hoping it was an error in their database and they shipped yesterday. Has happened before.

They must be busy selling all of those bicycle parts. :indeed:

Oooooooo! Someone's grown bitter about cycling.

You should refuse to use the Bicycle in Pokemon in protest!

So... Who wants to bet on me getting a Link Amiibo with a lazy eye? ;)

Knowing my luck, I'll probably end up getting one with a missing leg, or some other "special" birth defect :p

What the hell??
Indeed. :hehe:

My Fox amiibo has now shipped.

I'm hoping it was an error in their database and they shipped yesterday. Has happened before.

I was hoping the same for my copy of Smash, but alas the postie has been and gone. Stupid ShopTo and its stupid bicycles! :mad::laughing:

Oooooooo! Someone's grown bitter about cycling.

You should refuse to use the Bicycle in Pokemon in protest!

Damn right. :D

So... Who wants to bet on me getting a Link Amiibo with a lazy eye? ;)
Yep.

Pretty sure they all have a lazy eye. :heh:

My amiibo have all been shipped now... Annoyingly I'm going to have to come into work to pick them up tomorrow...

I'd be fine with it not coming the day before if the postman didn't come until like 1 or 2. There's no point buying online if you can go to the shop and get it before it'd arrive.

My ShopTo amiibo is still processing, and it says it's being delivered second class! Not good enough ShopTo. Hopefully their website is just lying and it will be delivered tomorrow. Even then, I'm unsure whether anyone will be in when the post comes :(

Strange enough I am suddenly really excited about the Amiibo feature in smash. I've got the game just now, but I really wanna train an Amiibo.

Sadly, the shops haven't started selling these it seems :(

We are contacting you regarding your currently 'processing' order for Amiibo. Due to unforeseen circumstances in regards to collection via Royal Mail, your order has not been dispatched today. We are expecting to dispatch your order tomorrow (Friday 28th), with delivery as early as Saturday 29th. Please accept our apologies for all inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

What the actual hell ShopTo

Seriously, what's going on with that place?

They say it's the ones that are "Processing". All mine are "Completed", so there's hope...right?

Mine is processing :(

Sent an angry message back to them, hoping for them to cancel/refund. So much for 5 minute dispatch and next day delivery! Mine was as a birthday gift for a friend who is having a video game themed party tomorrow night. Going to have to go to the shops quickly after work (on Black Friday, it's going to be manic) to pick one up. Not happy.

Got the same message and status says completed as well. Got the shipped emails this morning though, that message was 30 minutes ago.

Order the 'Cube adapter from the Nintendo Store last night and that's already shipped and Shopto still don't even seem to have that in stock.

May try to claim on the pre-order guarantee. That's five items (four amiibo and one GCN controller) that they can't get to me for launch day. No guarantee Smash or Pokémon will come tomorrow too

Edit: Or not

This offer is only valid for pre-orders that are charged and dispatched before the official release date. ShopTo.net is not responsible and will not compensate in the rare event that due to circumstances out of our control we do not ship your pre-order in time for release (e.g. stock shortages, adverse weather preventing deliveries).

Nuts

ShopTo are rubbish and borderline conmen in my past experience with them. I've yet to use them since!

What's more concerning is that there doesn't seem to be any in shops or any space in shops for them to go.

ShopTo are rubbish and borderline conmen in my past experience with them. I've yet to use them since!

What's more concerning is that there doesn't seem to be any in shops or any space in shops for them to go.

I've used them for years and this is the first time things have gone wrong

Considering heading to GAME at midnight to grab a few of the more obscure Amiibo. It's like 10 minutes around the corner and it'll save me having to skulk around looking for Marth, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager next week.

Guess I can always ask them if they'll have 'em at midnight on my way home.

[edit]

Spoke to GAME. They're all behind the counter where I can't check the figures easily for imperfections. Didn't see Samus or Fox though, but they did have the rarer US ones, no idea if the missing characters are still out back or in short supply in the UK. The staff weren't particularly helpful to be honest.

£11 each apparently, but there was signage saying they're actually £10 each - probably with some ridiculous bundle purchase deal. I guess I'll head there around 11:30 and see what happens. Gonna at least try and check them before buying since I don't want any derp faces.

Edited by Guy

Wow...didn't think it would be hard to find anything Nintendo related this gen. Grainger Games in my town centre gave me a 'who knows' eye roll today when I asked about Amiibo deliveries. Shame, we only have a tesco and looking at their Nintendo relationship is a waste of time.

There used to be GAME shops and decent GAMESTATIONS. Yeah...the high street is shot these days, but like others have said, there is NO WAY I'll be buying any of these online. Especially as I main Marth hah.

Edited by tapedeck

I'm hoping the supermarkets will be all over them. The Skylanders and Disney Infinity sections in my local Tesco Extra are bigger than the rest of the gaming section.

I'm a bit annoyed about my amiibo order, they took money from my account and set the order to "awaiting dispatch" for over a week now. delivery estimate was yesterday.. I tried contacting the company, nada. I've received several things from them with no problem, higher value items and they arrived in no time at all, but my previously high opinion of them is plummeting. In any case, it looks unlikely I will be receiving my order for release :(

Lots of GAME stores open tonight at 11:30 for Black Friday deals. One in my local area saying Amiibo's are already all pre-ordered?!

Lots of GAME stores open tonight at 11:30 for Black Friday deals. One in my local area saying Amiibo's are already all pre-ordered?!

What? You mean none left to put on the shelf? Bad showing if that's the case.

Saying that, a guy on Gaf posted the display in his Game store and it was pitiful compared to the Infinity and Skylanders section.

I'll drive down to the Metro Centre in the morning and see what's what.