NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

From what I saw in the demo, the frame rate is, if possible, even worse than in X&Y especially if you toggle 3D on.

Na. It's at worst the same as X & Y, not worse at all. Don't fret :)

The presentation looks alot better than X and Y looking from that trailer alone.

I hope club nintendo does end up distributing demo codes via mail, it's a real pain to get one in Belgium.

From Nintendo's Investor Briefing...

09l.jpg

11l.jpg

Well that's an interesting theory, I never even considered that...

How true is it for any of you guys here? (Ironically, R/S/E were my least favourite Pokemon games and yet I'm really excited for their remakes!)

(Ironically, R/S/E were my least favourite Pokemon games and yet I'm really excited for their remakes!)

I'm pretty much this.

Most people of our generation disliked RS :p

I think "dislike" is a harsh word, personally.

R/S isn't my favourite Pokemon game by a long shot, but it's still good. And it does have the 2nd best Pokemon designs. (Opinion, guys, don't start foaming at the mouth)

I think Diamond and Pearl are the worst Pokemon mainline games. Lame world, lame Pokemon (Mostly) and typical "Game Freak tries on new hardware" bugs.

I'm kinda indifferent with these remakes. Not that hyped. I'm sure it'll still be great. But not as hyped as I was for HG/SS.

R/S are definitely my favourite games of the series imo. The battle system was quick, the towns and villages were very well designed and the competitive mechanics were awesome. I know a lot of the more casual Pokemon fans didn't like them and didn't find them 'fun' but I'm into that. Of course, X and Y improved the EV system (A lot) but Ruby/Sapphire started all of that for me.

Oh, and the starters are all awesome! Very powerful Pokemon unlike the G/S starters :)

R/S are definitely my favourite games of the series imo. The battle system was quick, the towns and villages were very well designed and the competitive mechanics were awesome. I know a lot of the more casual Pokemon fans didn't like them and didn't find them 'fun' but I'm into that. Of course, X and Y improved the EV system (A lot) but Ruby/Sapphire started all of that for me.

Oh, and the starters are all awesome! Very powerful Pokemon unlike the G/S starters :)

I remember R/S having horrendously slow battles. Like, unbearably sluggish animation.

Black and White are my fave. Great overworld, great Pokemon, surprisingly decent story. And probably the best OST of the mainline series.

Also, Krookodile. I haven't wanted a Pokemon so badly since... Well, Feraligatr, really.

My 8 year old self would have flipped out if he saw that.

If that graph is to be believed it looks like there are more pre-orders for OR/AS than there were for X/Y?! Am I reading it right? That seems pretty incredible considering this is a remake. I would have thought there would have been much more hype for X and Y.

If that graph is to be believed it looks like there are more pre-orders for OR/AS than there were for X/Y?! Am I reading it right? That seems pretty incredible considering this is a remake. I would have thought there would have been much more hype for X and Y.

In Europe, yeah. It's crazy. No idea why. In America it's on par and in Japan it's slightly behind.

In Europe, yeah. It's crazy. No idea why. In America it's on par and in Japan it's slightly behind.

Dat Steelbook?

I mean, I'm getting that Gorgeous Groudon Steelbook.

Dat Steelbook?

I mean, I'm getting that Gorgeous Groudon Steelbook.

Na, they were ahead before the Steelbook announcement

Na, they were ahead before the Steelbook announcement

So just imagine how far ahead they are now!!

pokemon-omega-ruby-limited-edition-steelbook.jpg

DAT STEELBOOK!

pokece2.png

DAT SUPER EFFING ADORABLE GROUDON FIGURINE!! :D

So just imagine how far ahead they are now!!

pokemon-omega-ruby-limited-edition-steelbook.jpg

DAT STEELBOOK!

pokece2.png

DAT SUPER EFFING ADORABLE GROUDON FIGURINE!! :D

That Groudon doesn't want a hug unlike the Japanese one

Fffffffffffffffffffffff...

FUDGE!

@Dcubed has committed theft! THEFT!

He jacked my Groudon Figurine!

After I pointed out that the Nintendo Store Steelbook comes with that Groudon figurine, he pre-ordered. Now it's bloody SOLD OUT!

Now I have to use... GAME... And that doesn't even come with the figurine...

Damn you!

I remember R/S having horrendously slow battles. Like, unbearably sluggish animation.

Black and White are my fave. Great overworld, great Pokemon, surprisingly decent story. And probably the best OST of the mainline series.

Also, Krookodile. I haven't wanted a Pokemon so badly since... Well, Feraligatr, really.

My 8 year old self would have flipped out if he saw that.

I found it much quicker than games like Diamond and Pearl..god damn, they were slowwww.

Black and White were great games though although I can't remember anything about them. At the time I thought they were the best though!

LEAKS!

WHERE DA BATTLE FRONTIER AT?!!

And Lore Keeper Zinnia (Higana) gets revealed after their existence was datamined from the demo

Man, I really want that Higana poster on my wall.

I am starting to get really anxious about the lack of Battle Frontier info...

If the Frontier is in, it will be post-credits content, which usually isn't covered before launch. Don't worry too much yet.