NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Well. They fixed the wonky circle pad movement in the demo. The main character moves very smoothly this time.

I'm surprised at how little they've changed the music. They've kept it really surprisingly faithful to the original GBA games!

I was expecting them to shake the music up more and use more realistic instruments and a more jazzy style. I'm not disappointed at all, but just surprised since they radically changed the music style in the last two remakes - so seeing them remain faithful this time around is unexpected!

Also... FULL 360 degree analog movement without the need for skates!! AT LONG LAST!!! HOORAY!!! You can even tiptoe through grass to avoid any and all wild Pokemon encounters! (Hooray for logic! :yay: )

Framerate still sucks balls though and the lack of S3D in the overworld still annoys the crap out of me - especially when you see the flying sequence cutscene (which looks fantastic and far better than the normal gameplay) which runs perfectly smoothly in S3D just fine...

I do notice that they've put much more effort into the NPC animations and facial expressions this time around though. Everyone is much more expressive than in X/Y :)

The new Bag is fantastic. Having the party Pokemon appear on the same screen for easy access makes everything much more streamlined! :D

Anyway, I've done it twice and no more now. Once per day to pace myself, but man I want that full game right now!

Oh and Mega Glalie just looks... :o

Edited by Dcubed

I'm surprised at how little they've changed the music. They've kept it really surprisingly faithful to the original GBA games!

I was expecting them to shake the music up more and use more realistic instruments and a more jazzy style. I'm not disappointed at all, but just surprised since they radically changed the music style in the last two remakes - so seeing them remain faithful this time around is unexpected!

Also... FULL 360 degree analog movement without the need for skates!! AT LONG LAST!!! HOORAY!!! You can even tiptoe through grass to avoid any and all wild Pokemon encounters! (Hooray for logic! :yay: )

Framerate still sucks balls though and the lack of S3D in the overworld still annoys the crap out of me - especially when you see the flying sequence cutscene (which looks fantastic and far better than the normal gameplay) which runs perfectly smoothly in S3D just fine...

I do notice that they've put much more effort into the NPC animations and facial expressions this time around though. Everyone is much more expressive than in X/Y :)

The new Bag is fantastic. Having the party Pokemon appear on the same screen for easy access makes everything much more streamlined! :D

Anyway, I've done it twice and no more now. Once per day to pace myself, but man I want that full game right now!

Oh and Mega Glalie just looks... :o

How long is the demo meant to last for?

How long is the demo meant to last for?

It's a short demo (about 5-10 mins), but each time you start it again something different happens and things change in the town you're lumped into.

You're meant to keep playing it and see what changes...

I thought customisations were out - what's the deal with the alt outfits on each trainer in the sizzle reel at the end of the demo?

I thought customisations were out - what's the deal with the alt outfits on each trainer in the sizzle reel at the end of the demo?

Those are for the contests bruh. It's such a shame..

Well I'll be damned about the tail in the photo!

Received a code for the demo an hour ago, looking forward to midnight Germany time!

Oh yeah...

KvhZ3A6.jpg

You got me! But man, that silhouette was damn convincing!

It's a short demo (about 5-10 mins), but each time you start it again something different happens and things change in the town you're lumped into.

You're meant to keep playing it and see what changes...

Are they significant changes or is it just random?

Demo has been successfully data mined. Locations, the majority of items and a new Mega have been uncovered.

Welcome to the future Game Freak!

Are they significant changes or is it just random?

Haven't played enough to know for sure, but it's an element of both so far. I was playing alongside my sister and the second time through, we both had the same "adventure" that we set out on (defeat all the trainers), but the environment that we went to and the Pokemon we encountered were all different.

I hear that once you get to a certain point though, it does just start giving you randomised versions of previous tasks.

Demo has been successfully data mined. Locations, the majority of items and a new Mega have been uncovered.

Welcome to the future Game Freak!

It's a good thing that the demo is far from content complete! Keeping secrets these days about your game's content and delivering complete surprise is practically impossible :(

Haven't played enough to know for sure, but it's an element of both so far. I was playing alongside my sister and the second time through, we both had the same "adventure" that we set out on (defeat all the trainers), but the environment that we went to and the Pokemon we encountered were all different.

Ah, interesting. I got "Defeat all trainers" today as well.

Had no idea that it differed slightly on the Pokemon you fought.

Nobody tell me if he does, but I swear Steven dropped a hint that he'd give you that shiny Mega Metagross soon.

Is it bad that I still used the D-Pad for movement? It just feels more natural to me, it's strange...

I noticed that if you moved around with the Circle Pad, then switch to D-Pad, there's a short moment when the character repositions himself.

But that sneaking animation is so full of LOL. Especially if you stop halfway through, it's like he's in a bloody cartoon!

Question for everyone who has the demo, is your character's name Orlando?

Because if so, does that mean this isn't Brendan? (Dude from the original games)

It would explain a lot as to his design if he's a different guy.

It's got me really intrigued now. But I have to resist the urge to carry on and have one adventure a day.

Ah, interesting. I got "Defeat all trainers" today as well.

Had no idea that it differed slightly on the Pokemon you fought.

Nobody tell me if he does, but I swear Steven dropped a hint that he'd give you that shiny Mega Metagross soon.

Is it bad that I still used the D-Pad for movement? It just feels more natural to me, it's strange...

I noticed that if you moved around with the Circle Pad, then switch to D-Pad, there's a short moment when the character repositions himself.

But that sneaking animation is so full of LOL. Especially if you stop halfway through, it's like he's in a bloody cartoon!

Question for everyone who has the demo, is your character's name Orlando?

Because if so, does that mean this isn't Brendan? (Dude from the original games)

It would explain a lot as to his design if he's a different guy.

It's got me really intrigued now. But I have to resist the urge to carry on and have one adventure a day.

Yeah. We were lumped with an Orlando as well... Suspicious...

Also you're mad for sticking with the D-pad. You need to revel in the GLORIOUSNESS of full analog movement!

I expect a Mega Metagross delivered to me when you do ;)

Also you're mad for sticking with the D-pad. You need to revel in the GLORIOUSNESS of full analog movement!

Yeah, I know I should, but King Can't-Walk-Right has an iron-like grip on me.

I'll have to force myself to use the Circle Pad for the rest of the demo.

Holy shit, this compatibility issue between X&Y with the new versions is ridiculously messy. They really fucked up big time by not planning this out. Surely, if they intended to have more Pokemon have megas in the same generation and learn new moves, there should have been a compatibility plan?

Platinum users could still have the alternate forme of Giratina when battling those with Diamond and Pearl copies, they just wouldn't display the new forme.

Can't wait to use the DexNavi. Really like that feature so much that I want Game Freak to include it in future games.

I'm going to be getting Sapphire on the eShop of my Japanese 3DS, but I think for my physical European copy, I'm going to go with the official Nintendo Store for once so I get the steelbook and a figure. Problem is, they don't elaborate whether or not it comes in its original packaging AND the steelbook or just the steelbook. Game says it comes with both, Nintendo's shop doesn't. Am I best off in assuming it's the same?

Pre-ordered Ruby. Think this could be the first game I've bought this year.

The battles look fantastic..let's hope the frame rate is better than in X & Y.

The overworld looks horrific though :(

From what I saw in the demo, the frame rate is, if possible, even worse than in X&Y especially if you toggle 3D on.