NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

My order from the Nintendo store arrived today. Not home til 8 so can't play tonight probably. But good on Nintendo getting it out quickly! Went for Sapphire and it's the steel book version with the figure!

Mine arrived too (Ruby). Want to finish of Sapphire before diving too deep in Ruby though.

Mine arrived from the Nintendo Store today as well. As it's part of The Hut Group I wasn't expecting it so I don't even have time to play it today! Booooo

The steel book is so nice! I'm really impressed with what's included.

Took a pic for those interested!

DSC_0080_zpssxzdkf3r.jpg

Turns out it might have arrived today after all, shortly after my little bro came round I got a text from my mum who said I had 3 parcels, must have come just after he left for mine.

Picked my copy from Tesco, still no word from ShopTo, yet they took my money just fine upon order.

Is there a new update coming soon? Because I tried doing a Wonder Trade and it says the thing needs an update. I know my 3DS is up to date as I checked not long before.

Picked my copy from Tesco, still no word from ShopTo, yet they took my money just fine upon order.

Is there a new update coming soon? Because I tried doing a Wonder Trade and it says the thing needs an update. I know my 3DS is up to date as I checked not long before.

There's a patch for the game that's required to play online, check the eShop under recent releases.

I found a level 13 Ralts on route 102 and my highest level was a level 11 at the time. I knew they'd have a unique move or ability but I didn't think they'd break the routes level cap as well.

Awesome, thanks.

Obviously exactly where I was meant to look ¬_¬

Now I can transfer over some nice 'mon. All I've got is a Mudkip and Tailow at Lv 14 and the shiny Beldum. Since I caught Tailow with Boomburst(?) it may ahve earned itself a place in my squad above Pidgey, but Mudkip is definately going for a Magikarp.

How is it going for you guys? Where are you at the mo? Who's ventured online?

Im at Fortress City building a cool team with the GTS.

My crew:

Dedenne

Grovyle

Pidgeot

Ninjask

Skrelp

Snorunt (for that Ghost/Ice type)

Happy days :)

Current squad:

Eevee

Charmeleon

Metang

Gyarados

Larvitar

Pidgeotto

All transferred so levelling up rather nicely. The Eevee is going to be a Jolteon (for the first 6-ish levels it kept trying to evolve), I've just stepped into the city which has been remixed into being like that shitheap Lumiose City, and they're all level 22.

How long til I can get myself a Thunderstone?

Got the AS today. Managed to importing my LVL 1 5IV perfect bred Hoenn Team from Y via PokéBank after obtained the Pokédex.

Current Team

Pikachu

Grovyle

Marshtomp

Combusken

Tailow

@EEVILMURRAY You can get the thunderstone as a reward for beat the "Follow Those Fleeing Goals!" on the Secret Super Training right now or go to New Mauville or exchange a Yellow Shard with the Treasure Hunter on Route 124 for this item. It's up to you!

I'm only in Dewford town, my team at the mo consists of:

Marshtomp (Iris) 16

Zubat (Batman) 13

Nuzleaf (Seedorf) 16

Ralts (Utena) 16

Taillow (Berry) 16

Makuhita (Bento) 12

Those in red will certainly be dropped.

EDIT: Reached Slateport City now, a few changes since this morning:

Marshtomp (Iris) 18

Zubat (Alucard) 18

Ralts (Mion) 18

Oddish (Amy) 15

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I'm at Mauville City. Just got my 3rd badge.

Not really feeling the excitement I felt with the other remakes. Lame battle music and forced nostalgia is just making me groan too much.

Doesn't help that every single trainer has exactly the same Pokemon as they did in the original.

My current team

Monferno

Croagunk

Tympole

Scraggy

Helioptile

Pancham

Unlike EEVIL, I transferred Eggs, so I wouldn't get the EXP boost. Gotta maintain some challenge. I also chose Pokemon I don't really use to keep things interesting.

Apart from when they evolve, I'm not changing any until I'm done. Also chose Pokemon from after Gen 3. It's no fun using the same Pokemon I had in the original

Edited by Glen-i

How is it going for you guys? Where are you at the mo? Who's ventured online?

Im at Fortress City building a cool team with the GTS.

My crew:

Dedenne

Grovyle

Pidgeot

Ninjask

Skrelp

Snorunt (for that Ghost/Ice type)

Happy days :)

Huh? :p

Cleared the 7th gym, way too easy. They seriously only had 2 level 35 Pokemon when I'm averaging level 50?

Sapphire Team:

Swampert

Mightyena

Breloom

Camerupt

Swellow

Linoone (aka Hm Slave)

I take I'm the only one who prefers to use the native Pokemon? Not that I blame people, the gen III Pokemon selection sucks. In XY I couldn't decide who to keep in my team, in this it hasn't changed much at all.

Finally got my dispatch from ShopTo, 3 days after telling them I wanted to cancel the order and got this reply: "I have passed your details over to the warehouse to see if we can locate this item, if we are able to locate this we will cancel the order and refund this payment. If this can not be located this can be returned back to us for a refund"

I was going to just take the Tesco one back since it would be easier for a refund, but ShopTo deserve to sort their own shit out.

Huh? :p

Cleared the 7th gym, way too easy. They seriously only had 2 level 35 Pokemon when I'm averaging level 50?

Sapphire Team:

Swampert

Mightyena

Breloom

Camerupt

Swellow

Linoone (aka Hm Slave)

I take I'm the only one who prefers to use the native Pokemon? Not that I blame people, the gen III Pokemon selection sucks. In XY I couldn't decide who to keep in my team, in this it hasn't changed much at all.

Yeah, never really felt the guy, thought his mega would change that...

Im grueling away at the meteorite cave for a shiny Zubat. Now at 1000 encounters - someone pls help me! (and a shiny Pidgey too? Trade for a shiny Karp)

i'm actually really liking this so far, despite not really liking the original R/S/E all that much. The little changes to a long way to improving the original game's pacing - which was originally far too slow and meandering for my liking. I'm only up to Slateport so far, but I'm liking it much more than the original R/S/E.

The little extra cutscenes, getting all the Pokenav stuff, it makes the game feel like it's moving at a much brisker pace :)

Speaking of which, the dex nav is also really cool and goes a long way towards encouraging you to explore and take your time. It's also nice to have X&Y's feature set in a much better game in general :D

I also love how expressive everyone is in this game, a big step up from X&Y - let alone the original R/S/E! (That Team Magma member running animation! Quality! :laughing: ). The cutscenes are also well done in general and feel much more confidently shot than X&Y's did - the intro in particular was a real standout (even if it did really play the nostalgia card very heavily...)

Speaking of which... I do find its nostalgia ploys to be too heavy for my liking, they're mostly done with all the subtly of a brick to the face.

Also, I haven't gotten that far yet but I've seen it on Glen-i's copy, but for fuck sake! ENOUGH WITH THE FORCED MEMES NINTENDO!!! They're not funny! They're just sad and embarrassing! Lolcats/Icanhascheezeburger memes are already dated as hell and from here will age as well as moody cheese! Stop it!!

Other than that, it's all good stuff! :)

So, um, random Latios for me? This game is easy enough without getting a Mega legendary before I've even gotten Fly. It'll go straight in the PC.

Unfortunately, this leaves me in a terrible predicament, I'll regret it if I don't take this golden opportunity to get a good natured, awesome IV Latios, but my Modest Synchronise Pokemon is on Y, and I don't have access to another 3DS until I got to Dcubed's house on Thursday.

Which means I'll have to stop playing until Thursday because I'm insane.

(I've got Smash and Hyrule Warriors anyway, so it's no big deal)

Still not really excite for this. I want less similarity and more Mauville City. (Which is nowhere near as confusing as some are making it out to be.)

B31oQSPCQAAIp3O.png

My secret base :)

Ugh, you chose an Ace Trainer as your trainer type?

Whenever I see someone who chooses Ace Trainer, it always comes off as pretentious.

(Pokemon Breeder for me! Looks the most like me and I do waste loads of time breeding Pokemon)

HOLY SNAPPLECAKES! I just got an Eon Ticket through Streetpass on my way home from work!

GET IN!!! :D

Edit: BTW, I feel I have to make a point on this here. I don't like how many separate loading screens there are here in this game. The mainline Pokemon games have always been focused on providing a mostly seamless world, it was a big part of what helped to make it feel "real". ORAS is a huge step back in that regard, both from the original GBA games and even X&Y. It's like almost every town (and even some routes!!!) are like Castelia/Lumiose City now :(

It does take some of that magic away... Man, Game Freak's 3DS Gen 6 engine really really sucks...

Edited by Dcubed

So, I just got made aware of something mindblowing, if legit. Need to share it somewhere because it's making me lose my mind.

Ok, so someone noted a weird framed map in the south-eastern house in Dewford Town

dewfordmap.png

Looks weird, right? Well someone on GameFAQs noticed it looked somewhat like this

pokearth.jpg

This is a small version of a large map a friend & I made for my site's Pokéarth section (location database). It contains the main game regions Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, Hoenn, Sevii Islands as well as side game regions Orre (in north west, the big desert), Fiore, Almia and Oblivia. My friend made the DP versions of the other regions and I placed them together in a large map

Now, let's flip that

pokearthflip.jpg

And resize it to match the image's size in Dewford as much as possible. Pixel resize rather than bilinear/bicubic resample to keep colour as much as possible

saywhat.png

The resemblance is utterly uncanny. It's hard to dismiss this as a coincidence, and I am shocked. Going to investigate this further as there has to be a more logical explanation. If it is mine or based on mine, I am ecstatic and honoured that something I made will exist forever in a Pokémon game.

I'm not sure whether or not to describe that as awesome or lazy though...

If they didn't just make that themselves, then they obviously stole it from you.

On one hand, it's awesome that they actually used something of yours in the actual game, on the other hand it's pretty insulting that they stole yours without crediting or asking you and also pretty lazy to not make their own...

But either way, it's pretty awesome to see :)

Just had a heartwarming moment that involves with my Hoenn starters recently. I didn't realised that they were level 35 when I face Norman and after the battle, they all evolved into their final evolution form haha.

Current Team

Pikachu - Lvl 40 Thunderbolt, Electro Ball, Quick Attack, Slam

Sceptile - Lvl 36 Dual Chop, Grass Whistle, Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm

Swampert -Lvl 36 - Water Gun, Protect, Mud Shot, Mud Bomb

Blaziken - Lvl 36 - Fire Punch, Blaze Kick, Powered-Up Punch, Hi-Jump Kick

Swellow - LVL 37 - Wing Attack, Air Slash, Agility, Boomburst

Gonna import a Lapra from Y for the surfing/diving part in the route 118. :yay: