NEurope
Cube

Nintendo Direct - Tuesday 8th at 11pm

I'm pretty sure that he said that all rules are customisable in friends matches.

For Fun and For Glory sounds great for random matches. All the true Smash players will be enjoying the "For Fun" section.

That's pretty much how it went, yes.

So, friends matches are easily customised. It makes sense to see what they've done; they've set a standard for competitive matches. Let's face it, you're going to want to use a flat surface and no-items when it's competitive anyway, so I think they did the right thing there. They've made it a standard.

This is very bad for competitive play especially as Final Destination actually favours certain characters (those with projectilves for example).

Why no customisation option? As far as I can tell, I can't play a friend online, 1 on 1, on all levels...?

The For Glory and For Fun modes are only for random online matches. He said friends will be fully customisable.

Charibrah I'm cool with, but eurgh, another Pokemon? Don't care who it is, there's toooooons more deserving characters. Only blemish on that awesome direct, as far as I'm concerned.

Fuuuuuck, if Smash Bros. 3DS is out in time for the end of June, I can take it with me on holiday...

Don't let me down, Nintendo.

But Greninja... Its THE Greninja, son.... Water frog ninja, Water shuriken, mat block, protean, substitute... GRENINJAAAAARGHHHH-YES! :yay:

I like Sakurai.

aaaah this was awesome! The visuals look great on both versions, game modes look fun, they actually listened to fans!

Best direct ever. I want this game NOW

the+best+thing+ever+_a9179ed6dcd61ee060387db158092021.gif

Feels like the only one who had no idea what was going on in that Direct. I mean, I've tried to like and understand Smash Bros...it's just not for me.

Great direct... but Squirtle was my favourite character. And now characters like Zelda don't transform anymore, I guess Squirtle and Ivysaur are probably gone now that Charizard is fighting on his own. =(

Squirtle-Cries-Water-Puddles-On-Pokemon.gif

Regardless, looking forward to the Summer! And the Winter!

Now we just need confirmation on what constitutes as a Nintendo 'summer'...

But Greninja... Its THE Greninja, son.... Water frog ninja, Water shuriken, mat block, protean, substitute... GRENINJAAAAARGHHHH-YES! :yay:

I like Sakurai.

Pokemon has been irrelevant to me since Generation 2. :p

Sakurai is one smooth motherfucker. Nintendo need to get him to create EVERYTHING. The amount of depth in this is superb.

Charibrah I'm cool with, but eurgh, another Pokemon? Don't care who it is, there's toooooons more deserving characters. Only blemish on that awesome direct, as far as I'm concerned.

Flink, baby, you're killing me. Greninja is a pretty ballin' Pokemon, one of my favourites from the new generation and I think a lot of us would have been surprised if no Generation VI Pokemon made the cut.

As long as they're refraining from the whole clone character bullshit Melee, I'm fine as that was my only complaint about the game. Notice these characters that have off centred icons on the sides of the character select screen? All clones. One of the very few things I liked about Brawl was cutting it out.

character_select.jpg

The For Glory and For Fun modes are only for random online matches. He said friends will be fully customisable.

Ah, great!! That's really awesome, must have missed that.

Flink, baby, you're killing me. Greninja is a pretty ballin' Pokemon, one of my favourites from the new generation and I think a lot of us would have been surprised if no Generation VI Pokemon made the cut.

As long as they're refraining from the whole clone character bullshit Melee, I'm fine as that was my only complaint about the game. Notice these characters that have off centred icons on the sides of the character select screen? All clones. One of the very few things I liked about Brawl was cutting it out.

character_select.jpg

I'll give him a try, but if he's no good...I'm coming for you.

Oh shi-....is Ganondorf in this? There will be hell toupée if he isn't.

Now we just need confirmation on what constitutes as a Nintendo 'summer'...

Assume mid-July to late September. Once it starts looking a little late, bump it to mid-October and assume they're going by Hokkaido summer heh.

The Final Destination forms and customisable movesets do smack of Project M. I get the feeling that if that mod hadn't been released, then we may not have seen them add these options...

Regardless, looking forward to the Summer! And the Winter!

Winter is coming....Brooooooooo. :yay:

Assume mid-July to late September. Once it starts looking a little late, bump it to mid-October and assume they're going by Hokkaido summer heh.

In fairness they are in the land of the rising sun, they're probably very confused about seasons.

Thank you and good night!

Literally.

Zero suit Samus as her own character...

Dat direct...

Smash run...

Gorgeous 3DS visuals...

Multiple Final Destinations...

Antonio_Banderas_Assassins_lap_ec86ed882eef11f23ef64ec5dc190669.gif

The Final Destination forms and customisable movesets do smack of Project M. I get the feeling that if that mod hadn't been released, then we may not have seen them add these options...

I think it's mainly due to the fact that the only people that really play Smash in the long run are competitive players. I mean, there are still huge tournaments for Melee in America, which break huge records for turnout and prize money.

The FD thing is dumb though; competitive play requires a variety of stages, whether it's stuff like Dream Land, Battlefield or Mute City.

I think it's mainly due to the fact that the only people that really play Smash in the long run are competitive players. I mean, there are still huge tournaments for Melee in America, which break huge records for turnout and prize money.

The FD thing is dumb though; competitive play requires a variety of stages, whether it's stuff like Dream Land, Battlefield or Mute City.

I get it, but I also think that if you're going to do something competitively, you need some sort of "standard". Some basic rules that are consistent for everybody. It wouldn't be fair to have one match taking place on a side-scrolling level and another on a flat level and then another with multiple layers. You don't truly get an idea of who is the best fighter then...

Maybe a best of three would have been a good mode. One match on a Final Destination type level, one on a scrolling stage and another on a level with platforms. That would have been a good compromise.

Dat Ridley tease, Dat Ridley Tease.

I lost it when he did the Palutena tease :laughing:

13726008703_fe531d549b_o.gif

Awesome!

Perfection. Just needs a "Fuck... you... CAAAAPPPCCCOOOMMM" caption now for full impact ;)

My heart sank a little when that happened. No Ridley as a playable character. :(

It's interesting that they only showed his shadow. Perhaps the boss is Meta Ridley, and normal Ridley is a character. Perhaps Sakurai simply knows that we'll speculate over it.

Then there was that Pseudo-Palutena trophy.