NEurope
Cube

Nintendo Direct - Tuesday 8th at 11pm

Hnnnnnnggggggf.

KdSBh4d.gif

Zero Suit Samus + Little Mac = my first choice fighters. Can't wait to fuck up all you bitches using these two.

Maybe Charibrah, too.

But why can't you have custom moves in online fights with random people? Kind of defeats the whole point of having them...

I presume that it's too difficult to balance it fairly.

Weird decision to release the 3DS version first. You would think they would want the Wii U version out first as a bit of a head start and to boost sales. I can imagine a lot of people will just get the 3DS version and now ignore the Wii U version.

I however will be getting the Wii U version. Game looks awesome!

Yeah... This is the only big major Debbie-Downer for me.

More people have a 3DS - it will sell regardless, especially in the winter. Wii U needs the big-up, and needs it now...

Fuck me silly.

I truly hope she'll be in one of those awesome cut-scenes. Maybe trying to lay the smack down on a nemesis of Captain Falcon working together with her fellow Bounty Hunter.

Damn! I'm off to write fan fiction about Samus and Captain Falcon. THEY SHOULD SO BE IN A GAME TOGETHER. Bounty Hunting, driving fast Space cars, exploring the vast reaches of space together. Falcon trying to get into that exoskeleton, ya no wa'um saying:awesome:

I couldn't handle her sass though...

I've never played Punch Out. Isn't that a SNES game? I never had a SNES.

Reached my conclusion pretty easy. Games are release simultaneously across multiple platforms so they can capitalise on the same wave of hype and save costs by doing one big push with marketing. It doesn't make any sense to release one version after the other. It's part of why Microsoft have a clause in their indie game contracts about releasing day and date with other platforms (unless Xbox exclusive content is created), it's why something like Rayman Legends got pushed back on the Wii U even though it was finish, and it's why a lot of third-party games on the Wii U miss release date parity with other platforms.

Is there any good reason why they wouldn't release it simultaneously? Surely they'd want to bolster the Wii U with a new game, not what could be perceived to be sloppy seconds.

Came out for NES, snes and Wii, also on fight night on GameCube as an extra.

But if the games aren't ready at the same time then why stall one? Plus it's not like handheld and home console are the same market, so your rationale doesn't make sense.

I think it's as simple as it isn't ready and needs more time. In your argument surely it makes MORE sense to release at the same time so they can save on marketing. How does delaying it give it a vote of no confidence?

Some reactions.

That is so embrassing... I wish we heard the sound of a door opening, and then gunfire...

Why don't they add GTA characters? Hmm, I don't know, how about because Nintendo owns the bloody Pokémon franchise and not GTA.

Pokémon is a big part of Nintendo. Hell, Pokémon is what kept Nintendo alive in the late 90s. Stop downplaying its position in Nintendo-dom

But they have 3rd parties... And again, you seem to imply it's all Nintendo when it suits, but when it doesn't "it's GAMEFREAK!!!!!". I just don't think it should have as big a presence, in fact I think it's a bit of a joke it's so big. It's just one franchise like fire emblem, fzero etc well, except those franchises actually have main entries on a home console and not just handheld.....

Yeah, this is the most puzzling part. The Wii U has been getting flak from all sides for ages now and you would have thought that it would have had priority over the 3DS version. Also, if they had Mario Kart in May and then this in Summer that would have helped keep the momentum going, something which the console has really struggled to do.

I'm sure there will be something in the Summer but I doubt it will be anything to the level of Smash Bros.

I almost think it would be too much, kart can easily ride the whole summer. I think October would have been perfect for smash. Hyrule warriors or bayonetta 2 or even epic yoshi would be a great summer title. Then smash, x2 and Metroid for Christmas. Perfect!

Though I'm pretty confident pilotwings is coming!

Genuinely curious what that was meant to say, as until I know I'm going to assume you're putting games in your shoes :p

Haha. No, "simple". But I did used to put gameboy games in my socks to carry them about...

But they have 3rd parties... And again, you seem to imply it's all Nintendo when it suits, but when it doesn't "it's GAMEFREAK!!!!!". I just don't think it should have as big a presence, in fact I think it's a bit of a joke it's so big. It's just one franchise like fire emblem, fzero etc well, except those franchises actually have main entries on a home console and not just handheld.....

They have iconic third parties that have had ties to Nintendo in one form or another.

Let me explain again about Pokémon

Pokémon as a trademark and franchise is owned by Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures Inc. Nintendo own Creatures Inc. (though operate it independently) and have a stake in Game Freak. For all intents and purposes, it's a Nintendo franchise.

I never say it's not Nintendo. What I say is that Nintendo doesn't decide what games are made. Game Freak is left autonomous with regards to the Pokémon franchise.

The Pokémon Company is a venture set forth by Nintendo, Creatures Inc. and Game Freak and deals with licensing as well as greenlighting of software. The process has actually been shown with the board reviewing game proposals and how to better improve them.

While it's a Nintendo owned franchise, Nintendo don't decide what games are to be made for them. They relinquished those decisions to the company. Just like they let Retro decide what game to work on next, and they decided on Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze over Metroid or a new IP.

Also, the Pokémon, Zelda and Mario franchises get more characters in this series because they are more popular. They're the bigger franchises. Far bigger than Metroid, F-Zero and Fire Emblem.

Edited by Serebii

I don't really care about all that, and I don't mind Pokemon getting good representation, but I feel it's WAY too much. 2 fighters and the pokeballs is still more than the others. But there's no point discussing it, it is overly represented, and it may not be finished either...

I don't really care about all that, and I don't mind Pokemon getting good representation, but I feel it's WAY too much. 2 fighters and the pokeballs is still more than the others. But there's no point discussing it, it is overly represented, and it may not be finished either...

With that logic, do you count all Mario items as characters? All Zelda? All Metroid? That's all PokéBall Pokémon are...extensions of an item.

They should get rid of the Pokemon, but in their stead have have a Pokemon Trainer with Pikachu. His standard and smash moves could incorporate Pikachu attacking, similar to Rosalina & Luma, and then his specials could be other specific Pokemon to help with recovery/attacking etc with perhaps his down special being him pulling out a Pokeball which act as the Pokeballs currently do.

They should get rid of the Pokemon, but in their stead have have a Pokemon Trainer with Pikachu. His standard and smash moves could incorporate Pikachu attacking, similar to Rosalina & Luma, and then his specials could be other specific Pokemon to help with recovery/attacking etc with perhaps his down special being him pulling out a Pokeball which act as the Pokeballs currently do.

Seriously?

Jesus Christ...what is with the sudden Pokémon hate?

I'm not all that into Super Smash Bros (or Pokémon, for that matter :indeed:) so last night's Nintendo Direct wasn't all that amazing for me, even if I am likely to pick up at least one of the versions at some point :heh:

I was kinda hoping there would be some information on other games but it was still nice to find out more about the game and soak up some of that Nintendo goodness :hehe:

I'm not all that into Super Smash Bros (or Pokémon, for that matter :indeed:) so last night's Nintendo Direct wasn't all that amazing for me, even if I am likely to pick up at least one of the versions at some point :heh:

I was kinda hoping there would be some information on other games but it was still nice to find out more about the game and soak up some of that Nintendo goodness :hehe:

U dun goof'd, brah. It's a Smash Bros. Direct. They were never going to be showing anything else. :p

I don't have a problem with the Pokemon characters, they're a huge part of Nintendo and since they're fighters anyway, they suit Smash Bros perfectly. You have lots of Mario and Zelda people there too, so why not Pokemon? Obviously they wanna market the newest games too, so a new Pokemon from X&Y makes total sense. However, if they have mon like Jigglypuff in there, please rebalance. Underpowered characters are really lame, so no Pichus either please...

Separating characters: very cool. I always felt like the switch hassling only made those characters weaker, so now everyone can pick exactly the form they like and polish that.

With that logic, do you count all Mario items as characters? All Zelda? All Metroid? That's all PokéBall Pokémon are...extensions of an item.

Ah come on, pokeballs are not just items. Pokeballs and assist trophies are much more special and you know it.

Separating characters: very cool. I always felt like the switch hassling only made those characters weaker, so now everyone can pick exactly the form they like and polish that.

This was one of the best things to come out from yesterday's direct. I love Sheik, but am not a fan of Zelda. Having to constantly transform was a bit annoying and distracting. It also makes the characters more fleshed out and developed. Big fan of that.

Seriously?

Jesus Christ...what is with the sudden Pokémon hate?

People have opinions man, just gotta learn how to deal with it! I like Pokémon, I'm pretty indifferent about their role in Smash but I am slightly confused as to why they're keeping Lucario around. Not to say it's a bad character choice, but we've got Pikachu as the official mascot, Charizard as the fan favourite and Greninja as the Gen VI ambassador.

U dun goof'd, brah. It's a Smash Bros. Direct. They were never going to be showing anything else. :p

I hadn't really read up on it beforehand :heh:

I knew it was a Direct focusing on Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U but had thought there might have been a few other updates of other games. Maybe there just aren't any other games any more.. :blank:

So what are the chances of having a regular Nintendo Direct anytime soon?

I hadn't really read up on it beforehand :heh:

I knew it was a Direct focusing on Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U but had thought there might have been a few other updates of other games. Maybe there just aren't any other games any more.. :blank:

Nah, it was solely one focusing on Smash Bros. Surprised you didn't know that, there was quite a bit of hype about it here. :D

There will probably be another direct soon and we have E3 not far from now, so I'm content with all that.

I don't know, but I hope there is one. There are quite a few pre-E3 European release dates we need, aren't there? Shantae and the Pirate's Curse was meant to be Q2, as was Shovel Knight. They could also promote Etrian Odyssey Untold (2 May).

Nah, it was solely one focusing on Smash Bros. Surprised you didn't know that, there was quite a bit of hype about it here. :D

When I saw the time and realised I wouldn't be home from work in time to see it I just never bothered climbing aboard the hype train :heh:

It'll be a different matter on Sunday when I have to work during the Liverpool v Man City match. That's gonna be absolute torture :shakehead

When I saw the time and realised I wouldn't be home from work in time to see it I just never bothered climbing aboard the hype train :heh:

It'll be a different matter on Sunday when I have to work during the Liverpool v Man City match. That's gonna be absolute torture :shakehead

Gutted, brah. I'll watch the game and think of you...in a non-masturbatory way.

Gutted, brah. I'll watch the game and think of you...in a non-masturbatory way.

Haha, every time I hear that Man United are losing I think of you going into meltdown.. in a mastubatory way :blank:

Anyway, hopefully the next Nintendo Direct will have something that really appeals to me :heh:

We're still due one some time this month. The last one was in Feburary and major Directs happen every two months...

So glad Charizard got his own character. The Trainer was shite.

Greninja... Hmmm, still would've prefered an actual fighting type. Little Mac and Hitmonchan fisting each other... Genius.