NEurope
Cube

Nintendo Direct - Tuesday 8th at 11pm

Great Direct! Nice that we will get to focus on the 3DS version first. Sheik and Zero-Suit Samus as separate characters have been long-time requests so good to see them. Looks stunning on WiiU and the variety is looking amazing. Custom moves, multiple online modes, returning music, just...brill!

A really good presentation. More of that in the future please. Missed about 4 minutes, my PC had a brain fart and reset. What timing?

For the most part great. The final reveal is possibly the lamest Smash character ever, but that 3DS mode sounds very interesting (it's online, right) and Zero Suit Samus, Sheik and Charizard as individual characters is interesting.

Custom movesets for non-random online is pretty interesting, too.

Happy with most of what they showed and I might just have to get the 3DS version now, depending on how well it controls!

A bit frustrated with the 'For Glory' option...Firstly because the name (and 'For Fun') imply competitive players don't play for fun but secondly, does that mean the only '1 on 1, no-items' setting HAS to be on Final Destination? That's a big kick in the teeth for competitive players.

That said the game looks amazing. Oh, and unless my eyes deceive me, COMBOS are back!!!

God I wish I liked pokemon.... Found that ending hugely disappointing....

Erm. A bit weird. Have no idea why the felt the need to tell us EVERYTHING! A week after mario kart too (spread the news)

Smash Run looks amazing, hope the Wii u gets a mode!

And there's blatantly a pilotwings Wii u being made :)

Great direct. Smash run looks awesoooooome. But, I wanted them to elaborate more on the bit about the movesets. They just grabbed my attention and it was over a bit too soon.

They also ruined it at the end slightly with a reveal of another Pokemon. Not really what the game needs. :p

Tempted to buy a separate 3DS so I can play against Ine...

But come on, brah. Charizard is a staple after Brawl - and Greninja... FUCKING AWESOME TEAM NINJA WITH SHEIK!!! Eeeeek.

Needs voice-chat, I just can't get hyped without it... not at all. :blank:

Fantastic Direct....as far as i'm concerned i'm sold. Buying both sand when you think about it..all the current information we have on these 2 games doesn't even come close to a quarter of the amount of depth and content that we potentially don't know yet!!

:bowdown:

The multiple final destinations part was wow, such impressive, much joy. I think I cheered a little at that part.

Game looks incredible.

Wire frame Mac, Kirby's Air Ride nods ( loved that game, screw the haters ), Kremlings return, all the MegaMans make an appearance, Charizard let's loose....Awesome direct.

No mention of voice chat though. :D

GRENINJA!?!?!? HOLY SHIT!!! YES! THEY PICKED THE RIGHT GEN 6 STARTER!!! :bouncy:

HOLY SHIT CITY TRIAL MAKES A RETURN HOLY SHIT YES ALL OVER MY FACE!!!

Well I'm glad to be wrong about the release date. This Direct delivered the goods, hardcore!

Hopefully all those Fox Only Final Destination guys will shut up and go away into their own little corner for all eternity now :D

Yeah the online modes were worrying... To confirm - for fun. All weapons, all stages, only keeps how many wins (why? Stupid), for glory - only final destination, no weapons... Again, why? Stupid. No inbetween? But that. It's friends you can tailor it however you wish!?

Is there a place to watch a repeat of the direct right now? I'm just home from work :hmm:

Yeah the online modes were worrying... To confirm - for fun. All weapons, all stages, only keeps how many wins (why? Stupid), for glory - only final destination, no weapons... Again, why? Stupid. No inbetween? But that. It's friends you can tailor it however you wish!?

I'm pretty sure that he said that all rules are customisable in friends matches.

For Fun and For Glory sounds great for random matches. All the true Smash players will be enjoying the "For Fun" section.

But come on, brah. Charizard is a staple after Brawl - and Greninja... FUCKING AWESOME TEAM NINJA WITH SHEIK!!! Eeeeek.

Charibrah I'm cool with, but eurgh, another Pokemon? Don't care who it is, there's toooooons more deserving characters. Only blemish on that awesome direct, as far as I'm concerned.

Fuuuuuck, if Smash Bros. 3DS is out in time for the end of June, I can take it with me on holiday...

Don't let me down, Nintendo.

Atleast theres no friend code shite. Yup, I can see myself really pwning you n00blets :D

Awesome stuff.

Did not see that 3DS/Wii U release date split coming. :o Smart move though I reckon.

And NeoGaf is dead. Quality. :heh:

Is there a place to watch a repeat of the direct right now? I'm just home from work :hmm:

When did he say it last fiscal year?

Correct me if I'm wrong, as my memory fails me sometimes, but I could have sworn he said it during the Direct in June that replaced their E3 conference in regards to some delays.

Back on topic, pretty good stream. Very surprised they're opting to release the 3DS version first, I feel like this might be a little too risky depending on when exactly during the holidays they intend to release it. It needs to be early Winter or late Winter, I think the annual zerg rush of video games during November would be a suicidal time to release it.

This is very bad for competitive play especially as Final Destination actually favours certain characters (those with projectilves for example).

Why no customisation option? As far as I can tell, I can't play a friend online, 1 on 1, on all levels...?