NEurope
Shorty

Batman: Arkham Knight

Looks great. Can we get a title change for the thread?

Yea, yeah change the title to holy fucking amaze balls.

It looks amazing.

Christ - at this rate there will no more games coming out this year!

except on the WiiU! which then won't have any in 2015 to balance out

Everythings coming up MilhouseWiiU

Not that bothered. October was pretty crowded as it was; Drive Club, Alien Isolation, Shadow of Mordor, etc. And if it results in a better game, great.

That bit in the Wayne tower was just amazing, the city looks fantastic (apart from a distinct lack of pedestrians, but I'm sure that's just due to the stage in the game's development).

What would really serve this game well is some long, in depth indoor sections that take some time to progress through, akin to the original game. Whilst I do want to play as Batman in Gotham, there are few open world games that really benefit from being open world, they should go back to their strengths with the Bioshock/alone in the dark-esque feel of the first title wherever possible.

That bit in the Wayne tower was just amazing, the city looks fantastic (apart from a distinct lack of pedestrians, but I'm sure that's just due to the stage in the game's development).

What would really serve this game well is some long, in depth indoor sections that take some time to progress through, akin to the original game. Whilst I do want to play as Batman in Gotham, there are few open world games that really benefit from being open world, they should go back to their strengths with the Bioshock/alone in the dark-esque feel of the first title wherever possible.

If there were pedestrians, they'd surely have to make them invincible with a ridiculous diving dodge ability a la Driver/Crazy Taxi, or implement a morality system and allow you to kill them (neither of which I can see happening).

The solution is probably to explain the problem away by means of a totalitarian curfew. That would be fine. You might occasionally see city dwellers scuttling about in scripted moments.

The graphics are stunning, but I'm not a huge fan of the series. It feels a bit too robotic and clunky for me, when really assassin/ninja/stealthy characters should feel silky smooth to control. I'm in the 5% who have found it a problem to be fair.

The vast majority of Gothams population has been evacuated because of Scarecrow.

If there were pedestrians, they'd surely have to make them invincible with a ridiculous diving dodge ability a la Driver/Crazy Taxi, or implement a morality system and allow you to kill them (neither of which I can see happening).

But they have to do that anyway for the villains. I'm pretty sure that the game won't allow you to run over or shoot them.

I agree with @Shorty about preferring the first. It was a great Metroidvania game.

The graphics are stunning, but I'm not a huge fan of the series. It feels a bit too robotic and clunky for me, when really assassin/ninja/stealthy characters should feel silky smooth to control. I'm in the 5% who have found it a problem to be fair.

Huh, funny you should say that, I thought Batman was really smooth to control. I recently just finished Arkham Origins and then went onto Infamous 2, the latter was way more clumsy in navigating the city, dropping down on enemies etc.

@Cube - good point.

For me it's just a bit too context-sensitive and not fluid enough. Hanging and shimmying along a raised walkway feels clunky, and then having a pre-animated grab take-down or drop take-down... it takes the control away from you and there's a disconnect. Button prompts for the grapple hook are similar. At least with Infamous you could bomb down exactly where you liked, and even though it was very primitive, the melee combat did a really good job of feeling fluid and dynamic despite using a similarly magnetic lock-on system to Batman. Plus, Cole's super thrusters were awesome. The gliding in the above trailer does look juicy though.

Edited by dwarf

Batman Arkham Knight releasing 2.6.2015 with 2 collectors editions. That's quite a delay!

Batman™: Arkham Knight Set for June 2, 2015 Release With Two Collector’s Editions

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Batman™: Arkham Knight is scheduled to release worldwide beginning June 2, 2015. Also revealed, are two collector’s editions – Batman: Arkham Knight Limited Edition and Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Edition. Both will be available in limited quantities at launch in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft. Batman: Arkham Knight Limited Edition will also be available in Europe, Australia and New Zealand for PC.

Batman: Arkham Knight Limited Edition will include:

· Custom Art Book – 80 Page, Full Colour Art Book Showcasing the concept art of Batman Arkham Knight

· Limited Edition SteelBook™ – Unique SteelBook™ case and game disc

· Comic Book – Limited Edition DC Comics Batman: Arkham Knight #0 Comic Book

· Exclusive Character Skin Pack – Three Unique Skins from DC Comics – The New 52

· Batman Memorial Statue – Imposing statue commemorating Gotham’s Protector, the Dark Knight

· SRP:

o Console – £89.99

o PC – £74.99

Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Edition will include:

· Custom Art Book – 80 Page, Full Colour Art Book Showcasing the concept art of Batman Arkham Knight

· Limited Edition SteelBook™ – Unique SteelBook™ case and game disc

· Comic Book – Limited Edition DC Comics Batman: Arkham Knight #0 Comic Book

· Exclusive Character Skin Pack – Three Unique Skins from DC Comics – The New 52

· Transforming Batmobile Statue – Fully transformable Batmobile statue realised in exquisite detail by TriForce

· SRP: £169.99 (Console only)

BxBdyUcIMAA9ll4.jpg:large

Don't really have a problem with the delay. There's more than enough to play in the first half of 2015. Witcher 3, The Order, Bloodborne, MKX, etc.

Don't really have a problem with the delay. There's more than enough to play in the first half of 2015. Witcher 3, The Order, Bloodborne, MKX, etc.

True dat, next February is already looking busy, giving this more time and space won't do it any harm.

The other collectors edition.

BxBf9LTCYAECuL-.jpg:large

Edited by Map

You should of seen how fucking wide my eyes went when I saw those special editions. I shall get them both.

Did someone double check that date with them? :p with Rocksteady being British maybe they mean Feb 06.

Ah well, I'd rather get an amazing 10/10 game than a rushed 8/10.

That is some delay, but if it means a great game then so be it. There is enough coming out between now and then to keep me occupied.

I do wonder why developers announce a game and show footage so early, yet delay it consistently.