NEurope
Dcubed

Nintendo Direct: The Legend of Buffering

They've said it before that they feel TP doesn't need an HD remake and I completely agree with them. It wouldn't add much.

I would love episodic 2D Zelda and Metroid games for either Wii U or 3DS. A level or dungeon released every other month, with a nice sprawling narrative.

Fantastic idea

New Shining game announcement coming tonight

Timing coincides with tonight's Nintendo direct.

A new Shining game will be announced tomorrow morning (Japan time), series producer Tsuyoshi Sawada teased on Twitter.

“Tomorrow there will be a little announcement, so fans please look forward to it.,” said in a tweet. “You’ll know it when it becomes morning. We’re trying out a new genre with the Shining series. Starting with this, I’ll be doing a lot of things this year.”

Sawada added, “The project that will be announced tomorrow is not an RPG. I’ve changed our [Twitter] icon to a meaningful image.”

The Twitter icon mentioned was changed to artwork from Shining Blade, which launched in March for PSP in Japan.

Tonight’s Nintendo Direct is actually 7 a.m. tomorrow morning in Japan. The timing coincides nicely with the Sawada’s tease. Perhaps we’ll hear about the new game during the broadcast?

The latest entry in the series, Shining Ark, launched for PSP in Japan last February.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/02/new-shining-game-announcement-coming-tonight#xg4syIaiZ7uSmB5e.99

Serious predictions:

Mario Kart 8 date (worldwide)

Possible 2DS release (Japan)

Pedal to the metal for virtual console games, Gamecube games for Wii U and Gameboy Advance games for 3DS

Price cut to existing virtual console games effective immediately worldwide

New X trailer, release date for Japan

Serious predictions:

Mario Kart 8 date (worldwide)

Possible 2DS release (Japan)

Pedal to the metal for virtual console games, Gamecube games for Wii U and Gameboy Advance games for 3DS

Price cut to existing virtual console games effective immediately worldwide

New X trailer, release date for Japan

Very sensible predictions though I don't think they'll cut the price of existing virtual console games but they should.

I would love episodic 2D Zelda and Metroid games for either Wii U or 3DS. A level or dungeon released every other month, with a nice sprawling narrative.
For me the overworld's kinda the best part though :p

Very sensible predictions though I don't think they'll cut the price of existing virtual console games but they should.

One can only hope. A couple of my casual video gamer friends today were talking about how much games cost on the eShop, whether they're 3DS games or old games, they definitely need to price things more competitively.

For me the overworld's kinda the best part though :p

They could keep the overworld definitely! Just upon up new caves or secret entrances, you know, like how temples rise out of lakes and stuff. Maybe expand the overworld over time. Open up new islands. There are plenty of ways to do it while keeping the overworld aspect.

Definitely agree it's one of the best parts.

But it would basically allow Nintendo to release a game quickly and then keep people hooked in with constant added content.

...I freaking LOVE this idea. Well done me.

Doubt we'll see any of that in our press conference, so they'll have to have something western specific lined up.

They could always talk about Sonic Boom in that section, as Japan aren't getting that.

Anyway, my final predictions:

• Clarifications on Nintendo's upcoming strategy.
  • Trailers for already-announced games (Donkey Kong, Bayonetta, Mario Kart, X).
  • Announcing that the Sonic Lost World Zelda DLC will be available tomorrow.
  • Diddy & Dixie Kong announced for Smash Bros.
  • The announcement of a few eShop games designed with the GamePad in mind.

I'd like to see Telltale games make their way onto Wii U, especially The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead...Surely a port would be dirt cheap?

Ugh. I should not get my hopes up for this, but being able to watch live has me........

....PUMPED.

They could always talk about Sonic Boom in that section, as Japan aren't getting that.

Anyway, my final predictions:

• Clarifications on Nintendo's upcoming strategy.
  • Trailers for already-announced games (Donkey Kong, Bayonetta, Mario Kart, X).
  • Announcing that the Sonic Lost World Zelda DLC will be available tomorrow.
  • Diddy & Dixie Kong announced for Smash Bros.
  • The announcement of a few eShop games designed with the GamePad in mind.

This is what it will be, with possibly a couple of new game announcements, one for Wii U, one for 3DS + a date for Kirby in Europe/NA.

I've just remembered, about a year ago Nintendo said they'd have the ability to record videos on post on miiverse... I wonder if that will be talked about? They've hinted there's going to be a summer update (quick launch into digital games) so could be a decent time - along with a notification system and FOLDERS!!!!!

Miiverse messenger needs to come along soon, as does a Nintendo Direct App for both Wii U and 3DS. I'll keep banging on About them til they happen!

Miiverse messenger needs to come along soon, as does a Nintendo Direct App for both Wii U and 3DS. I'll keep banging on About them til they happen!

Miiverse mesanger is a great idea. Seconded in an instant!

Expectations in check for tonight...

They could keep the overworld definitely! Just upon up new caves or secret entrances, you know, like how temples rise out of lakes and stuff. Maybe expand the overworld over time. Open up new islands. There are plenty of ways to do it while keeping the overworld aspect.

Definitely agree it's one of the best parts.

But it would basically allow Nintendo to release a game quickly and then keep people hooked in with constant added content.

...I freaking LOVE this idea. Well done me.

I remember IGN ran an article about Galaxy - before release, asking what you want to see in it. I proposed they release DLC galaxies which could appear/be bought after release. It was featured in their article as a topper idea...obviously we never saw it.

But I wholly agree with you, Nintendo need to start doing this. Offer me DLC for SMW3D ...like a retro island or N64 rocket that takes you to classic Mario64 levels...

It would kick start sales again.

I proposed a smiler thing with Nintendoland too... to be fair they're doing it with Wii Sports, but the online is so bad it hasn't quite worked, but they should do it. Keeps the game in peoples minds! nintendo also need to get their fan base into buying DLC, as at the minute they're not! And 3rd parties have pulled pretty much completely.

Oh god I never even thought of a Dreamcast Virtual Console!!!!

dreamcast_boot.gif

As much as I'd love to see Dreamcast Virtual Console, I'm much more interested in SEGA Saturn Virtual Console!

saturn_boot.gif

Most of the Dreamcast's best games are available elsewhere already (and often in superior form). The Saturn however has a huge library of classics that cannot be played anywhere else and a large chunk of its best games are very rare and hilariously expensive to aquire!

That being said I'd be pissed if they went and announced it today because I literally just bought a bunch of Dreamcast and Saturn stuff (controllers, Saturn multi tap, Saturn Bomberman & Bomberman Fight, Bangai-o, Pen Pen etc) yesterday!

Miiverse mesanger is a great idea. Seconded in an instant!

Expectations in check for tonight...

I remember IGN ran an article about Galaxy - before release, asking what you want to see in it. I proposed they release DLC galaxies which could appear/be bought after release. It was featured in their article as a topper idea...obviously we never saw it.

But I wholly agree with you, Nintendo need to start doing this. Offer me DLC for SMW3D ...like a retro island or N64 rocket that takes you to classic Mario64 levels...

It would kick start sales again.

This is a great idea and it would actually people playing their old games again, especially as most of Nintendo's game have no online modes. Gimme gimme gimme.

I'd buy a 3D World DLC pack the minute it went on sale. Especially if it had new Captain Toad levels.

ONLY AN HOUR LEFT I AM SO HYPED :D

This direct is as long as their E3 one...they'll drop some big names I reckon. They pretty much have to after how the Wii U performed over Christmas and January.

As much as I'd love to see Dreamcast Virtual Console, I'm much more interested in SEGA Saturn Virtual Console!

saturn_boot.gif

Most of the Dreamcast's best games are available elsewhere already (and often in superior form). The Saturn however has a huge library of classics that cannot be played anywhere else and a large chunk of its best games are very rare and hilariously expensive to aquire!

That being said I'd be pissed if they went and announced it today because I literally just bought a bunch of Dreamcast and Saturn stuff (controllers, Saturn multi tap, Saturn Bomberman & Bomberman Fight, Bangai-o, Pen Pen etc) yesterday!

Isn't the Saturn the one console that IS actually a b1tch to emulate?