NEurope
Ashley

Hyrule Warriors

Meh, well all was going well until...

I reached Death Mountain, I keep losing the allied base either to the Bombchu's or it just gets overrun I think, this has happened many times since trying to retry from check-point.

Should I just restart the mission?

Any advice appreciated. :)

I reached Death Mountain, I keep losing the allied base either to the Bombchu's or it just gets overrun I think, this has happened many times since trying to retry from check-point.

You still keep any experience you've gained (and rupees, I think :blank:) when you restart. So yeah, if the mission has gone tits up from a certain checkpoint it might be better to just start again.

*EDIT*

Dat moment... :cool:

...So good. :)

Edited by RedShell

This is annoying me now...

Defeat Darunia and return him to his sanity before the allied keep falls will that secure victory?

I really hope so because any other way is just going to be impossible.

No advice but that was the first mission I lost in as in as well.

This is annoying me now...

Defeat Darunia and return him to his sanity before the allied keep falls will that secure victory?

That would work, yes.

Edit: Or try securing as many outposts/bases as you can. This should reduce the number of enemies.

I really hope so because any other way is just going to be impossible.

I'm afraid I don't recall getting anything...not even a notification. Maybe my internet decided it didn't want me to receive whatever your gift was, heh. I did just get my first Network Link though, which was @S\.C\.G try capture as many keeps/outposts as you can and when the

when teh bombchus start attacking I ignored Darunia and went after the Bombchu Operators, beat them and the Bombchu becomes your ally and will turn around and attack an ememy base

Very much enjoying the game so far, seemed a bit "so-so" at the start but after a few levels and unlocking new combos the action gets much better and becomes a little more than just button mashing.

Loving the story too so far I'm up to

When Cia opens the gates and he heros split up. I;ve done Imp & Shieks arc and closed their gate and done the first level of Lana's arc so far

I tried to keep away from spoilers on the game but of course found out about most of the characters that would be playable and was wondering how so many different characters from different games would fit.... would this be just some random thrown together story or would it somehow fit into the cannon.

Getting to the part where the heros take different paths the little twist in the story there works really well to allow you to meet up with other characters and have them join you :D

I would have liked voice actors though, the narrator between levels is alright but some in game voices would be nice. Especailly in the heat of battle and a character is trying to tell you something, it can be a distraction to read what they are saying, would be better with voices. And Link still doesn't even talk anyway, his speech is still handled by a fairy! They just needed to give the fairy a voice and they could have kept Link silent.

EDIT:

Also....damnit how I wish this had online co-op!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mokong

Not really sure what I'm doing in Adventure mode in terms of map secrets, I got the first candle and it showed me my first secret, finding a staircase under a bush.... but do I then need to find that staircase or something in the actual level?

At the top of the screen it shows rewards - some of these will be greyed out with "Search Required" written on it. Once you find the secret, it unlocks the reward (then you either need to beat the mission or get an "A").

Loving the story too so far I'm up to

When Cia opens the gates and he heros split up. I;ve done Imp & Sheiks arc and closed their gate and done the first level of Lana's arc so far

What did you think of Sheik's "surprising" revelation and Impa's reaction?

I finally got past the stage I was stuck on and yes I'm stubborn so I stuck with my tactic and won! :D

Took a fair few attempts but it was worth it. :)

How are people doing their weapons? Personally I simply go for the weapon with the highest number and if there's a tie, whichever has the sexiest effect. All the low level crap I keep getting I just keep fusing with each other to keep the numbers down.

That's the mission that took me a couple of retries as well. I felt like I needed to be in 5 places at once.

I would have liked voice actors though, the narrator between levels is alright but some in game voices would be nice. Especailly in the heat of battle and a character is trying to tell you something, it can be a distraction to read what they are saying, would be better with voices. And Link still doesn't even talk anyway, his speech is still handled by a fairy! They just needed to give the fairy a voice and they could have kept Link silent.

Yeah, this is really an annoying point for me. This would have been a great test to see if voice acting worked for the series because if it didn't then it's just a spin off anyway. Such a missed opportunity in my eyes. Keep Link silent but every one else should have a voice. A lot of the cutscenes, while look amazing, fall flat for me because of this.

Is it just me or does it seem like the game would be a whole lot easier if you play the thing in co-op? There have been times where the Skullata appears but I need to focus on the battle. It's the same when you need to rescue someone but you have to capture a base at the same time.

Well spent alot of time on this Saturday night.

I opted to go down Skyloft fisrt as I loved Skyward Sword, and enjoyed this side of the battle.

I did co-op with a friend at his place on his wii U, we did the Death Mountain path. That was also fun, but could be tough solo, so looking forward to that.

Think the next path I do solo will be Twilight.

I Love using Sheik, The combo moveset is so varied in terms of elements used. Love it.

Can't wait to get home from work and dabble some more on this.

Just went into my adventure mode, saw nothing.
Damn, that's disappointing. :(

So far I've seen 3 Network Links (Sprout, a random, and Sprout again. :heh:). Cleared all 3 of those stages too, not that it seems to do anything. :indeed:

Not really sure what I'm doing in Adventure mode in terms of map secrets, I got the first candle and it showed me my first secret, finding a staircase under a bush.... but do I then need to find that staircase or something in the actual level?
Nah, searching just activates the additional reward for clearing that stage with an A Rank.

If you're ever unsure about where to use an item when searching, just play a stage that rewards the compass, as using that will reveal the secret location of a screen. ;)

Is it just me or does it seem like the game would be a whole lot easier if you play the thing in co-op? There have been times where the Skullata appears but I need to focus on the battle. It's the same when you need to rescue someone but you have to capture a base at the same time.
It definitely would have been nice, yeah.

What I've been doing is just running for the nearest keep as soon as a stage begins (before the first mission even appears) to try and capture as soon as possible.

When I first started playing this game I'd always hang around beating up random enemies while waiting for the next instruction to appear, now I start playing each stage like a nutter! :D Rushing to different keeps, taking out the more important enemies, moving as quickly as possible. It makes coping with multiple tasks a bit easier. :hehe:

Reading this thread made me change my mind and go ahead and buy the game. Bought it just before launch, so I got the Twilight Princess Costume set as well, and considering that I am a costume whore, I'm probably gonna end up buying the rest of them later. Probably gonna get the full DLC-packages, because I can't let that Dark Link costume slip!

What I've been doing is just running for the nearest keep as soon as a stage begins (before the first mission even appears) to try and capture as soon as possible.

I found this to be the best tactic. If your objective isn't something like "enemies are attacking your army/base" or something urgent like that, focus on other keeps and nearby outposts. If the first objective is "take these two keeps" and there's nothing urgent about them, take all the other available keeps first.

So yeah, co-op is pretty fun :)

The resolution downgrade isn't nearly as bad as people are making it out to be, but the framerate can get pretty bad (some stages are OK, like OOT Death Mountain, but it can get pretty bad in a lot of them - like 10-15 FPS bad :( )

Still fun though.

In general, I have to say that the Zelda-Ism additions like the items and the bigger enemies with the lock-on 1 vs 1 combat go a long way to adding some much needed depth to the typical DW formula. It's not gonna win any awards for gameplay depth, but it's at least not completely mindless here :)

Time management plays a stronger role here than in other DW games as well. In co-op it's pretty fun splitting up the task of covering multiple bases :)

The menus are confusing as hell though, and overall the game does a poor job of teaching the player the nuances of the game and the controls (like the ability to run straight after a dodge by keeping B held down after you run - I had to scour the manual for that one!). Figuring out what the hell all the skills and stats mean when customising weapons was also needlessly difficult as well.

The camera also isn't the best. It can be erratic to control with the right stick and has a tendency to go inside walls and through enemies; it can also spaz out a bit when fighting 1 on 1 - especially distracting in co-op when the framerate goes to pot. On that note, it's nice that the Gamepad player just gets sound effects coming out of their speakers and not music (that comes through the main TV speakers only in co-op), but sometimes I find that the TV sound effects tend to cut out for a bit every now and again at seemingly random times; not a huge deal, but it is rather off putting and indicative of a lack of polish. In general, the co-op feels a bit like a last minute addition (even the cutscenes get needlessly rendered twice and suffer the same resolution downgrade as the 2 player gameplay; not a huge deal, but it would've been easily avoidable) and I also noticed that they have a lot of un-seeable environment geometry inside walls for some strange reason (perhaps they were altering the level designs and forgot to remove the old geometry? Either way, it's pretty inefficient use of the Wii U hardware here ::shrug: )

Overall it is fun, if a bit rough around the edges (It was supposedly developed inside just a year and a half and it does show). That extends to the presentation too (sometimes it can look great and then sometimes parts of the game can just look plain bad). I can see this being a great pick-up-and-play game though, alone or with a friend :)

Worth a pick up if you're looking for some good and fairly (but not completely!) mindless pick-up and play fun. The core gameplay is decent fun in short bursts, there's a metric ton of content (staggering how they made so much so quickly!), the music is awesome and the fan-service is off the charts! :D

Edited by Dcubed

Adventure Mode is so fun. Going to be massively overpowered for the story mode at this rate.

Not a big fan of Impa with the Great Sword even though I have a couple at 150+ power with 4 skills, but she's amazing with the Naginata.

@Ike has Amazon shipped your guide yet?

Nope, says it came out on the 19th, not heard anything from Amazon about a delay or anything either. My delivery estimate is tomorrow so maybe it will ship today?

I kinda assumed it would ship around the US release but GAME were selling it was well, but they've sold out apparently.

Erm, I'm really, really enjoying this. It's so mindless, but so fun. The things I thought would bother me don't, it's just a simple, power trip game. It may get boring, but at the minute I'm kind of loving it!

One of my videogame pet hates is masses of menus and stats and having to upgrde and fuse weapons, it's why I just couldn't get into Monster Hunter. I just can't wrap my head around it. I've mindlessly updated a few things anyway and fused some shit together, generally just two things with the highest rating, and am still finding the general game fun, I'm just hoping that I'mm not missing out on a lot of cool moves and what have you.

I haven't playe dmuch of the Classic NES style game at all yet, mainly just the proper story, but had a go on a few screens of the NES game and it was surprisingly fun, I loved having mama coocoo in my team.

I tried multiplayer for the first time yesterday and thought it was terrible. Granted, it would be a lot better if I had a Pro Controller, but I don't so had to make do with Wii Remote and Nunchuck - I'll find out today if you can change the control set up because the default one is horrendous. Attacks are done seemingly randomly when swinging the Wii Remote, with all the actual buttons just being used for lock-on and dashing. I paused to go look at my controls and it only gives the Wii U buttons - I was told with a Wii Remote and nunchuck to be pressing X X X Y :/

Not only that but the game does suffer, the framerate is the worst thing, at times on the Skyward Sword level it was reaching N64 levels of bad framerate, it was like playing it on the Diddy Kong Racing engine. Not only that but pop-up was a lot worse. Maybe if me and my friend were near each other it wouldn't have been too bad, but he was on one end of the map taking out some dragon guy whilst I was looking for the skultula. At one point, a guy literally just appeared right infront of me.

So yeah, for me, the multiplayer is pretty terrible, but I'm still enjoying it as a single player game. I can only wonder if maybe it would have held up a lot better with online co-op instead.

Limited Edition came today. Scarf is surprisingly nice.

Can I request photos? :D Going to pick up the game (standard version) tomorrow, pretty excited for it now.

Some of the Adventure Mode levels...yeesh, I must be horrifically underlevelled. Just did one with Midna and whenever I took a base, I lost one. Pain in the arse.

Erm, I'm really, really enjoying this. It's so mindless, but so fun. The things I thought would bother me don't, it's just a simple, power trip game. It may get boring, but at the minute I'm kind of loving it!
Same here. I was always looking forward to the game, but never expected to enjoy it as much as I am. :)

It's so great once the controls/combos really click too, feels great annihilating the CPU enemies. :heh:

Here are a couple of GIFs where I went a bit OTT: :D

So funny how she gets trapped on the ground and starts spazzing out. :laughing: Almost felt sorry for her. :hehe:

Similar to the above, getting an enemy trapped against the wall is a pretty effective tactic. ;)

Beating Cia unlocked...

The 8-Bit Sword! :yay:

RmKEr8d.jpg

And Ganondorf.

He's kind of sluggish, but packs a punch: :awesome:

Finally, my progress on Adventure Mode so far:

QsiOYbF.jpg

Lots of fun. It's just a shame that the network aspect is seemingly broken. :(

Has anyone received a reward notification yet? :hmm:

Edited by RedShell

This game just keeps making me smile while playing. I'd not really followed it that much during the launch build up. I knew the basics of it, but not really what would be in the final game.

Last night I finished of the Twilight realm part of the path, and fighting Argorok. Go to the fairy to get help, and the next thing Moon is involved in the battle :heart: So awesome.

Just really love it. Midna is fucking awesome with alot of attack badges, Some amazing moves.

I've barely touched the Adventure Mode however, Think I'll make an effort on this tonight.

Between this and MK8, my PS4 hasn't had much use of late :(