NEurope
Ashley

Hyrule Warriors

I havn't got a Skulltula yet either but that's because I really hate the crappy on-screen map so I generally find it awkward to find the spider area anyway.

How does the Skultula thing work? I went to where it said one would be and never saw it. I practically smacked the shit out of everything there and I still couldn't see it.
They're sometimes hidden in rocks, and they disappear after a while too.

On one stage I spent too long looking (could hear the bastard, but couldn't see it :hehe:) and when I finally spotted him he vanished just as I was about to attack. :heh:

I'm trying to get to grips with Adventure Mode. Are the online aspects supposed to work right away, or do you have to progress a bit first?

Not seen any other players (random or friends) on my map yet. :blank:

Resisted this in GAME earlier today. I don't want it desperately enough to pay their prices - £30 is looking like the magic number and most online sites aren't far off that.

I actually really want to support the season passes Nintendo are rolling out with this and MK8. I love the "Buy now and get this cool thing, then unlock this cool thing and that cool thing on X and Y dates" system.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/hyrule-warriors-wii-u.html £29.95 :wink:

The limited edition came back in stock on GAME for £49.99, so I ended up grabbing that like a chump.

Get it here while it lasts if you want it.

Seems worth it considering what the Wii U Limited Editions currently resell at - plus I absolutely adore huge EU ratings plastered over the front covers of my Wii U games.

Edited by Guy
Added that I'm a chump, seemed necessary.

Really enjoying this so far. Got to

just past where the timeline splits.

Battles can get really hectic, never quite sure whether to go back and defend the base or push on with the objectives. Have found that it's really useful to take the outposts when you pass them to stop enemies spawning near your keeps. Not sure who my favourite character is to play as yet. Also, normally I really can't be bothered with upgrade trees/collecting loot/crafting etc. - too complicated, but thankfully in this after each mission you will have materials available to make badges, which makes it feel like it's not a grind at all to improve.

Just remembered I have £10 in Nintendo Network Premium codes, so that will go nicely towards the DLC. I was going to wait and see how I feel about the game after a bit more time, whether I will want to come back to it or not, but this feels like a good way to spend the vouchers (which were in themselves mostly accrued by getting free games from the MK8 promotion!)

It's pretty satisfying when you get a bunch of enemies with the special attack. :awesome:

I'm getting a bit better at it now:

What's everyone's highest KO count from a special attack?

Just remembered I have £10 in Nintendo Network Premium codes, so that will go nicely towards the DLC. I was going to wait and see how I feel about the game after a bit more time, whether I will want to come back to it or not, but this feels like a good way to spend the vouchers (which were in themselves mostly accrued by getting free games from the MK8 promotion!)
I'm not purcahsing the DLC until we find out exactly who the characters are. If that Majora's Mask pack doesn't include you know who, then no deal. ;)

I'm getting a bit better at it now:

What's everyone's highest KO count from a special attack?

I got a 75 as Sheik yesterday

I got a 75 as Sheik yesterday
Funnily enough I just managed 71 as Sheik:

That special is hilarious. :D

86 for me, can't remember who with.
Nice. icon14.gif

Is 100 possible? Must be. :bouncy:

Nice. icon14.gif

Is 100 possible? Must be. :bouncy:

Well, there's an achievement for it, so it has to be possible.

So what exactly is in the DLC? Seems more expensive than Golf and Mario Kart, yet doesn't seem as much content... Is it just characters and such?!

Well, there's an achievement for it, so it has to be possible.
So there is. And it seems like my best is actually 81! When the hell did that happen?: :heh:

1w2tQlp.jpg

So what exactly is in the DLC? Seems more expensive than Golf and Mario Kart, yet doesn't seem as much content... Is it just characters and such?!
Some new weapons, maps and game modes too:
Hero of Hyrule Pack (Bundle: Master Quest Pack, Twilight Princess Pack, Majora's Mask Pack, Boss Pack and Dark Link costume)

£13.49 Size: 1600.0 KB

Contents of the bundle:

1. Master Quest Pack: new weapons, scnearios, Adventure Mode map and costumes.

To be released in Ocotber 2014. Content not playable before the release date.

2. Twilight Princess Pack: new playable character, weapons, Adventure Mode map and costumes.

To be released in November 2014. Content not playable before the release date.

3. Majora's Mask Pack: new playable characters, weapons, Adventure Mode map and costumes.

To be released in January 2014. Content not playable before the release date.

4. Boss Pack: new game modes.

To be released in February 2014. Content not playable before the release date.

Also included: Dark Link costume, usable immediately.

N-E's Hyrule Warriors review by @Cube is now up, for those still undecided on the game:

http://www.n-europe.com/reviews/hyrule-warriors

: peace:

Now isn't this a lovely and unusual sight :hehe::

uaTbFMR.jpg

Finally had a Network Link appear in my Adventure Mode too, it's a LV.21 Maidens (aka @Sprout):

103jehQ.jpg

I managed to win the battle too (which was pretty damn tough) so you should be getting a reward... You're welcome. :heh:

Let me know what you get. :grin:

Has anyone bought the season pass ? Does this include the same content as the GAME pre order bonus twilight princess Dlc ? Or is it different ? Cheers

When do the preorder DLCs go on sale? Really want the OoT costume. Is the Ganondorf DLC available now? I don't see a code on my Club Nintendo account page.

I just registered the game on Club Nintendo and got my code for the free Ganondorf costumes... downloaded....but I assume he needs to be unlocked in game before I can use them?

Shocking revelation!:

HfV06nY.jpg

Innnnnnnteresting... :heh:

Was funny seeing Midna punch Cia in the face as well. :laughing:

I just registered the game on Club Nintendo and got my code for the free Ganondorf costumes... downloaded....but I assume he needs to be unlocked in game before I can use them?

I didn't get a code when I registered :(

Yep.

I didn't get a code when I registered :(

Check your account, it should show up in the banner. Mine took a while to show up (forgot I needed to complete the survey).

Tried Adventure Mode, loved the title screen.

I'm not keen on the amount of pop-in from enemies.

Also, I think this game has made me realised that it's time Link found his voice. I know when Samus did it wasn't to everyone's liking but I think it's time they took the chance with Link.

Anybody thinking about getting the season pass?

Hyrule Warriors Master Quest

1 new Weapon

New Scenario

Adventure Map

2 Costumes (Likely the OoT costumes for Link and Zelda)

Twilight Princess

1 new character

1 new weapon

Adventure Map

2 Costumes (Likely the TP costumes for Link and Zelda)

Majora's Mask

2 new characters

Adventure Map

3 new costumes

Ganon Pack

2 New Game Modes

The three new characters will be Cia, Wizzro and Volga. But what are the scenarios, adventure maps and game modes?

I'm not keen on the amount of pop-in from enemies.

Also, I think this game has made me realised that it's time Link found his voice. I know when Samus did it wasn't to everyone's liking but I think it's time they took the chance with Link.

Anybody thinking about getting the season pass?

Hyrule Warriors Master Quest

1 new Weapon

New Scenario

Adventure Map

2 Costumes (Likely the OoT costumes for Link and Zelda)

Twilight Princess

1 new character

1 new weapon

Adventure Map

2 Costumes (Likely the TP costumes for Link and Zelda)

Majora's Mask

2 new characters

Adventure Map

3 new costumes

Ganon Pack

2 New Game Modes

The three new characters will be Cia, Wizzro and Volga. But what are the scenarios, adventure maps and game modes?

Three new characters aren't Cia, Wizzro and Volga. They come in a free patch separate to the DLC :)

Also, Link should not be voiced. Let other characters have voices sure, but Link should forever be a silent hero.

Woohoo! Banner change. :)

I played a couple of more stages yesterday and I'm still enjoying it. I didn't realise there were heart pieces to nab in this. I was pleasantly surprised when I came across one.

I love the cutscenes but the lack of voice acting, along with those ridiculous noises that RedShell was on about really put a downer on it.

I tried adventure mode out. Like Ike I loved the opening. I sat and watched it for a min or two. Very nostalgic.

I'm not entirely sure what is going on in that mode. @RedShell you fancy explaining it to me?

Three new characters aren't Cia, Wizzro and Volga. They come in a free patch separate to the DLC :)

I didn't realise that they'd be free! That's pretty cool.

Just played this for a couple of hours, really enjoyable, loving all of the small touches etc but I can see that this is going to be best played for me in small bursts each night so I'm leaving it there after only two missions but I am enjoying it. : peace:

Will sort out all the dlc within the next day or two and will most likely play a bit more on Sunday, so far though I'm just pleased to have another retail game that I can play on my Wii U regularly. :D

So here we are, Sunday afternoon, got all my pre-order dlc downloaded/installed and I've paid for the season pass so now I'm ready to really play this properly for a bit.

I can't wait because I just know this is going to be one of those games that's all the more sweeter the second time you play it! :D

Also, dat title screen music! The arrangement is so good! :heart:

Finally had a Network Link appear in my Adventure Mode too, it's a LV.21 Maidens (aka Sprout):

103jehQ.jpg

I managed to win the battle too (which was pretty damn tough) so you should be getting a reward... You're welcome. :heh:

Let me know what you get. :grin:

I'm afraid I don't recall getting anything...not even a notification. Maybe my internet decided it didn't want me to receive whatever your gift was, heh. I did just get my first Network Link though, which was @Mokong. Perhaps he'll be able to tell us if he gets a reward from me!

Oh, right, my thoughts on the game! Uh, let's see...

Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y.

Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, X.

In other words, mindless fun.

I tried adventure mode out. Like Ike I loved the opening. I sat and watched it for a min or two. Very nostalgic.

I'm not entirely sure what is going on in that mode. @RedShell you fancy explaining it to me?

It's basically a series of challenges, but instead of just giving us a boring list to scroll through, each one is a screen from the original NES Zelda world map. :love: Some of the screens require using an item (searching) to unlock the available rewards, and random players/friends can appear on the map as a Link sprite, making that particular challenge more difficult to complete, but providing better rewards for you and the random/friend, if you manage to beat the stage. :)

So yeah, it's just a case of completing/searching the screens, and uncovering more of the map/unlocking rewards in the process.

Great addition to the game I reckon. icon14.gif

I'm afraid I don't recall getting anything...not even a notification. Maybe my internet decided it didn't want me to receive whatever your gift was, heh.
Hmm. :blank: Perhaps there's a delay.