NEurope
Ashley

Hyrule Warriors

Bit late now, but did you send an email out to them about the situation?

I did, yeah. But by the time they replied the game had arrived and since the tracking showed it had they said I get nothing.

I wasn't that bothered since I got it digitally anyway, but I don't understand why some people got alerts and I didn't. ::shrug:

Edited by Ike

Strange. I presume you purchased it digitally as well as getting a physical copy?

NO I was unaware that some just didn't get the digital copy at all - I got mine too late to benefit from it on launch day, but I still got it so the financial compensation made up for it easily.

Sorry to hear you didn't get a fair deal :(

I'm surprised they just outright said "sorry, you get nothing!"

I hope there will be a demo for this game, as I am not sure yet whether I want it or not. Never played a game in the series so not sure if I would enjoy this type of game.

Looks nice, but I don't want to waste money if I don't like the gameplay...

Yeah the actual gameplay bothers me too.

I saw a video where they were saying all the enemies on screen are pretty much a distraction (and that' evident by the fact they just stand around barely ever damaging you), and the game is more about carrying out objectives. Trouble is, the objectives like going from point A to point B to find something, defeat something, protect a Bombchu just look pretty boring.

If you didn't like Gauntlet when you were young, you probably won't like this.

Player 2 shot the food!

Player 1 is it!

Player 3 is about to die!

Happy days. :D

Yeah the actual gameplay bothers me too.

I saw a video where they were saying all the enemies on screen are pretty much a distraction (and that' evident by the fact they just stand around barely ever damaging you), and the game is more about carrying out objectives. Trouble is, the objectives like going from point A to point B to find something, defeat something, protect a Bombchu just look pretty boring.

Ramp up the difficulty, then the enemies will attack you

Ramp up the difficulty, then the enemies will attack you
Will they, or will the few that hit you just do more damage?

I'm fine with the enemy armies being something you don't even have to really bother with, so long as the objectives themselves are fun/challenging.

Will they, or will the few that hit you just do more damage?

I'm fine with the enemy armies being something you don't even have to really bother with, so long as the objectives themselves are fun/challenging.

It's more than likely you'll end up going against the actual characters as well, that'll be the main challenge methinks.

What I found weird about the Ganondorf reveal was that he was attacking his minions. Should've been Hylian warriors before the grand finale when you fuck Link's shit up.

Here’s what Famitsu thought of Hyrule Warriors

Famitsu is the first publication with a review of Hyrule Warriors. In the magazine’s most recent issue, four editors handed out 9 / 10 scores for a total of 36 / 40.

But what was actually said by the different reviewers? For those who are curious, you can head past the break for translations of all four verdicts.

Yoshida: 9; Seriously. It’s “Warriors” and “Zelda”. You got the action of “Warriors” and the charming worlds of “Zelda”, and it sounds too fun! The foundation of the gameplay is definitely “Warriors”-based, and although there is a lack of puzzle-solving, the two works are fused together so nicely and truly became a top-quality means of entertainment. In Adventure Mode, you move around and solve puzzles in the style of the original 8-bit Zelda. In Hyrule Warriors, you will enjoy a great combination of both freshness and nostalgia, and that is a very good thing.

Jigoro: 9; While not destroying the world of Zelda, the action has been modeled after the “Warriors” series and it is exhilarating. You will be firmly placed in the battle, which is also good. Fans will smile at the small details which can be found here and there, and it is good. The soundtrack is arranged in a familiar “Warriors”-series style, and the feeling is very uplifting. I also feel great during each mission because the checkpoint system treats you very kindly if you fail.

Namuko: 9; “The Legend of Zelda” has a history and is receiving a secondary creation, and the final product is a winning combination. Deriving from the “Warriors” series, you are a lone commanding officer and are seeing the perspective of two armies battling, and you feel the scale that I think extends to the power of a country like Hyrule. As it is a transition from established puzzle solving system into chaotic action, I accepted Hyrule Warriors as a fresh interpretation. Since both products are separately masterpieces, I was expecting their combination to be more than a masterpiece.

Bunbunmaru: 9; The peculiar puzzle elements of Zelda are basically non-existent, but the tempo of the action is great and can be enjoyed comfortably. You are dropped in the system of “Warriors” but in the world of “Zelda”, and it’s so amazing that there is no discomfort in this combination. If you’ve ever played games like “Dynasty Warriors” or “Samurai Warriors”, then it will be easy to play for you. When locking on with z-targeting, for example, it helps make the boss encounters considerably like the Zelda series. The smiles of Zelda fans are going to be numerous!

http://nintendoeverything.com/heres-what-famitsu-thought-of-hyrule-warriors/#more-169146

OH MY DAZE! He actually got hit once!

*Ahem* Anyway...

It might just be me, but I can't help but feel that the wallmaster was the coolest thing about that vid.

You know, nostalgia and all that.

The only thing that is annoying me about this game is the lack of online co-op.... Gods Nintendo piss me off sometimes..... but I'm still getting the game anyway...grrr they have me right where they want me..... with my hands opening my wallet :heh:

The only thing that is annoying me about this game is the lack of online co-op.... Gods Nintendo piss me off sometimes..... but I'm still getting the game anyway...grrr they have me right where they want me..... with my hands opening my wallet :heh:

Can't blame Nintendo for this one :p

=======

Girahim

Can't blame Nintendo for this

Ah I'm sure Nintendo have had an influence in how the game has been made and in what features it has. Even if Tecmo didnt think about online I'm sure if Nintendo said "hey we need mire online games this would be perfect" Tecmo would have added it.

Namco developed Wii Sports Club remember but the online set up is clearly Nintendo influenced. :p

Anyway just had a thought... With all this badguy playable characters I only just noticed, why are thry fighting the same enemies the good guys fight? Shouldnt the likes of Ganondorf and co have their own story trying to take over Hyrule and figting Hyrule knights with Link and co being bosses?

Not too fussed mind but it would have made for a nice branching experience

Can't blame Nintendo for this one :p

Yes you can. The buck stops with Nintendo. They would have given Team Ninja an itinerary of what they wanted and didn't want during the planning stages.

Yes you can. The buck stops with Nintendo. They would have given Team Ninja an itinerary of what they wanted and didn't want during the planning stages.

Speculation.

If Team Ninja & Omega Force wanted to put online in it, it'd be in it. Contrary to belief, Nintendo doesn't "hate" online and they don't shoot it down.

What's most likely is that with the limited dev time they had (and the lack of ability to delay the game further back, what with the Wii U's woeful software release schedule and all), K-T and Nintendo had to make a choice between having local Gamepad/TV co-op or online co-op and they chose the former ::shrug: