NEurope
Happenstance

Playstation Plus Free Games

Tricky Towers is pretty good. It's deceptively difficult in places! Can see it being a laugh in multiplayer.

What's Rebel Galaxy like? It looks like a No Man's Sky-lite kinda game.

Yeah gave Tricky Towers a go last night whilst waiting for the Overwatch update to d/l. I was shit. Gave the first rookie puzzle repeated go's and couldn't do it. Failed the second then gave up. Then after Overwatch I did a quick bit of share play with Marcamillian(bit of a tetris fan) as I was saying we should all get it and party chat it up - I somehow became a Zen beast! Did like 4 puzzles each on my first try. Now that I realise I'm not quite as epicly shit as I thought I think I'm going to enjoy the game a bit more :p

Tricky Towers is pretty good. It's deceptively difficult in places!

Indeed. The problem is: some of the later challenges are impossible to win depending on what blocks/black magic you get next. It gets frustrating. I can't play the game for more than 30 minutes at a time...

Some of the trophies will be insanely difficult because of the randomness. Winning the final trial without losing a life? Good luck with that...

Still need to get the online trophies...anyone? :p

I did the online ones against randoms. Took about 20 minutes, people aren't that good. ;)

I did the online ones against randoms. Took about 20 minutes, people aren't that good. ;)

It took me 15 minutes to find a match on the highest difficulty and 4 times in a row people dropped out just before the match started...

I don't want to waste my time waiting so I'd much rather boost the trophies :p

It took me 15 minutes to find a match on the highest difficulty and 4 times in a row people dropped out just before the match started...

I don't want to waste my time waiting so I'd much rather boost the trophies :p

You must've been really unlucky. I found games instantly.

Yeah, it might help looking for matches during daytime but I'm only at my place at night :D

Yeah, it might help looking for matches during daytime but I'm only at my place at night :D

Ah maybe. Think I was playing on and off the whole day yesterday and was alright. I'd help but I'm out tonight.

Price increase incoming....at least for the US.

Update: Starting on September 22, 2016, prices for PlayStation Plus memberships will change to $59.99 USD/ $69.99 CAD for twelve months and $24.99 USD/$29.99 CAD for three months. The monthly plan will change to $11.99 CAD in Canada, and remain $9.99 USD in the U.S. If you are a current member, the new prices will take effect if your membership renews on or after this date.

PlayStation Plus strives to enrich your PlayStation experience through a world-class service built for our fans. This marks the first time that PS Plus membership prices will increase in the U.S. and Canada since the launch of the service in 2010. The new pricing reflects the current market conditions while enabling us to continue providing exceptional value to our members. As a member, you will continue to enjoy the benefits and features that enable shared experiences, such as online multiplayer, free games, and exclusive discounts. You will also continue to get exclusive benefits such as online game save storage and discounts across the PlayStation digital services.

If you do not wish to continue your subscription, please be sure to cancel it by turning off auto-renewal in your account settings before September 22, 2016.

Needless to say, many people ain't happy.

Is that happening to us in the UK too? Mine's gonna be up for renewal in a month or two - if anyone knows a still cheap place for 12 months plus let me know quick!! ;)

No word of the RRP going up here that I can see.

CDKeys, £35.90, get 5% off by liking their facebook page making it £34.10

http://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/playstation-plus/playstation-plus-365-day-subscription

Used it BEFORE thoroughly looking around(ie not just google shoppping comparison) but I'm PS+'d up for another year now nonetheless.

For anyone else - Argos have a 365 day membership card for £30, as opposed to more for the 12 month card(but I believe both are exactly the same right?). May still buy and resell an Argos one or just keep it in the bag for next year.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9099005.htm

Edited by Rummy

As usual for Argos, you have to check stock. That's not in stock near me (ten nearest stores so up to 60-70 miles away) and not available for delivery.

Excellent point - completely out of stock anywhere near me too. I didn't both checking HUKD or anything either, but I'd wonder if it's become a known deal and been snapped up - not exactly a product that won't last or can't be sold on(exactly what I was planning).

Next months games.

Lords of the Fallen, PS4

Journey, PS4, PS3

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, PS3

Datura, PS3

Badland, PS Vita, PS4, PS3

Amnesia: Memories, PS Vita

Oooooooooooh, i've always wanted to play Journey, but was too cheap. Now I can both play it, and remain cheap. Excellent.

Goddammit I only just bought it a few months ago!!

Anything else in there really worth a shout?

Will be downloading Journey. I've been looking to pick it up for a while. Might aswell try it as its free :)

Badland is not bad. HA!

Seriously, it's a good game. I bought it during a sale a long time ago and it's fun. @Hero\-of\-Time you might want to avoid this because the trophies are freaking difficult. And there are co-op trohies which are insanely difficult, too (offline only).

I want to finish the game eventually but I'd like to play this with my girlfriend. Need a second DS4, though.

Nothing immediately stands out for me from that PS+ list (already got Journey) but that's probably a good thing seeing as I'll no doubt be glued to The Tomorrow Children from next week anyway. :grin:

Badland is not bad. HA!

Seriously, it's a good game. I bought it during a sale a long time ago and it's fun. @Hero\-of\-Time you might want to avoid this because the trophies are freaking difficult. And there are co-op trohies which are insanely difficult, too (offline only).

I want to finish the game eventually but I'd like to play this with my girlfriend. Need a second DS4, though.

Cheers, but I wasn't going to anyway. :D

I think the only game I will be playing from the list is Prince of Persia. I've already got the PS4 games and the other titles don't interest me.

For anyone else - Argos have a 365 day membership card for £30, as opposed to more for the 12 month card(but I believe both are exactly the same right?). May still buy and resell an Argos one or just keep it in the bag for next year.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9099005.htm

I bought it online from Argos yesterday to collect in my local store.

Went there after work today. The 365 day subscription didn't exist on their system and they didn't have it in stock. They offered to give me the 12 month subscription which was in stock and knock off £10 from the £40 price.

Great!... But they couldn't refund me the original because it didn't exist on their system. 1 hour later and multiple calls to upper management and I finally left the shop with my £30 subscription card. Apparently lots of other Argos stores were having exactly the same issue. :heh:

Just about worth it for £10 discount. :blank:

Wow, just "bought" the PS+ games for September and saw at the checkout that they are worth 67€. And that didn't include Journey and Badland as I already purchased them some time ago.

In total this month's games are worth aprox. 90€. Holy shit. And some people say a PS+ subscription isn't worth it. Looking at the prices alone it's worth it, and the amount of enjoyment I got out of the majority of the free games...I'll gladly pay for a subcriptoin every year. : peace:

Looking forward to giving Lords of the Fallen a go once I've finished Ratched & Clank :)