NEurope
Happenstance

Playstation Plus Free Games

I'd love to see some kind of Early Access programm with PS+. No idea how or if that worked but I'd really like them to do it :D

A shake-up is needed of PS+. Vita is virtually dead outside of Japan, and the PS3 just stopped production in Japan. You look on other gaming websites, quite a few people complain that the PS4 gets a lot of indies on the PS+ offerings, but i like them as they offer games i'd never have considered playing.

Here is the rumoured full list.

And that list has been confirmed.

PS4 - Killing Floor 2, Life is Strange

PS3 - Abyss Odyssey, WRC 5:World Rally Championship

PSV - Neon Chrome (crossbuy PS4), Spy Chameleon (crossbuy PS4)

Apparantly, one game for July has been revealed accidentally as "That's You!". Basically, it's a console game requiring use of a mobile similar to many others on the market at the moment. A channel i follow on YouTube uploaded footage of them playing it, and had it revealed as a July PS+ title in the description box.

For the first time in a long time, that's one title I purposely won't be adding to my library because I can confidently say that it would never be played on my PS4.

I can see that they are trying to expand the market but this is a type of game I would never consider playing personally, even if I had the means to do so.

Let's hope the rest of the Plus games are playable with a conventional controller. ::shrug:

Anyway, no big deal, this isn't what I have PS Plus for, Sony still provide plenty as part of the subscription service, so all is well. :)

I've been loving Killing Floor 2 from this months free games. It's essentially zombies from the CoD series but it actually has an end to it. I played it the other weekend with a couple of my nephews, lostmario and gmac and it was great. Since then i've just been jumping into games with random people and having a blast while doing so. Definitely one of the best games we've had on the service in a while.

Hero- have you played alienation?

Yeah, I bought it and played through it when it first got released. Loved it. I see you've been hammering it lately.

Yeah, I bought it and played through it when it first got released. Loved it. I see you've been hammering it lately.

It's the only game Iv been playing lately! I even bought the DLC, it's a great little 4 player!

July line up

• Until Dawn – PS4
  • Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series – PS4
  • That’s You – PS4 (4th July onwards)
  • Tokyo Jungle – PS3
  • Darkstalkers Resurrection – PS3
  • Don’t Die Mr Robot – PS Vita (cross-buy with PS4)
  • Element4l – PS Vita

• Like 4

I might just cancel my PS Plus, it's been poor for a while and I can't remember the last time I actually downloaded anything from it.

There's only one title I won't bother adding to library in that selection for reasons aforementioned.

I'll add the rest though and I'll likely play at least three of them. :) (Until Dawn, Tokyo Jungle and Darkstalkers Resurrection)

The other titles I'd probably play if I had nothing else to invest my time in.

I'm surprised they put Until Dawn on PS+, and Game of Thrones.  Both are great titles for those whom have not played them.

• Like 1

Wow, that's an amazing month for a lot of people. Until Dawn and Telltales' GoT is one my favourite titles of recent years,

Sucks that I don't get anything. but I'm happy that more people get to play Until Dawn :)

Edited by Tales
  • Like 1

Great stuff, been wanting to play until dawn for ages!! Might give GoT a go too.

Both Until Dawn and GoT are great. I've already got them both, but glad others can enjoy these great titles. :D

• Like 1

Do not want!

But they seem like popular choices with others.

I've already got Until Dawn digitally, so that's a bit unfortunate. Still, it's a fantastic game for those who haven't got it yet, although it might have been better saved for Halloween!

Looking forward to Game of Thrones. I've seen it cheap before and I almost bought it, but it just didn't intrigue me enough to make the purchase.

Until Dawn is a brilliant game. I'd even go as far as saying it's the most cinematic game I've ever played.

Definitely the best in the (admittedly limited) genre. Think Heavy Rain, but absolutely nailing the teen slasher movie setting.

I actually wanted to play Until Dawn since release (thanks to Jim Sterling's review) but I just couldn't see myself putting the money down for it. Which frankly is just dumb on my part considering some of the sales I've blundered into and games I've yet to play because of. 

@Ronnie I feel like you're being contrary in this thread with your last post, but at the same time I know how you feel. I'm usually mildly interested in the free titles but that doesn't mean I play them. And for online I often go months without even playing. I'd honestly be smarter to just purchase months as I need. 

If you aren't getting what you feel is worth your money, definitely cancel it man. Put that year sub money to something you know you want. 

• Like 1

Until Dawn is a good game. I received it for xmas and really enjoyed it. Its a must download for those that have yet to play.

Is Until Dawn really terrifying? I'm not good with the horror genre in video games. Movies I can tolerate but games...ohhhh fuck no. :laughing:

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

Is Until Dawn really terrifying? I'm not good with the horror genre in video games. Movies I can tolerate but games...ohhhh fuck no. :laughing:

It's not the most terrifying game. A few jump scares here and there, but if you're susceptible to horror games..

• Like 1