NEurope
Ike

The Super Mario 3D World thread

So I've spent around 5-6 hours this weekend trying to beat Champions Road. I've got to te boost pad ending section around five times in 200 odd attempts. I've never been beaten by a game, but I'm about ready to throw in the towel.

I'm playing as luigi because his super jumps are beneficial for the 1 second switch platforms. I have nothing left :(

How many attempts did it take you guys? (For those who got that far)

It's not that bad once you get the level sorted. Take a Tanooki suit with you and you should be alright. You are right at the end of the level. DONT GIVE UP!

nbE793S.gif

So I've spent around 5-6 hours this weekend trying to beat Champions Road. I've got to te boost pad ending section around five times in 200 odd attempts. I've never been beaten by a game, but I'm about ready to throw in the towel.

I'm playing as luigi because his super jumps are beneficial for the 1 second switch platforms. I have nothing left :(

How many attempts did it take you guys? (For those who got that far)

Put the game down and come back to it the next day. That worked for me. Spent a few hours on it one night, then the next day did it in 4 attempts. Use Rosalina, her spin jump will help with the 1 sec beat blocks (which are p1ss easy to complete once you figure out a strategy). Spin jump will also help to kill those critters that climb down the walls, and for the boost pad section. Use two tanooki suits.

At the risk of sounding like a dirty cheat, I got so pissed off with it that I used this tactic:
start off wearing a tanooki suit with another tanooki suit as a spare too. If you can get all the way to the boost pad ending without loosing the suit (very achievable) then when you get to the main boost pad finale bit, if you go straight on after you collect the green star drop the suit mid running, even before you get hit. Now pick up a few of the coins while getting hit, then when you're small pick up the suit again and you have another 3 hits before you die.

Am I ashamed? Yes....did I complete the game? Yes! It got to the point where it didn't matter how, it just had to get done! :D

On a separate note, trading this in tomorrow. Enjoyed my time playing through and did it all as Mario, but I really don't have the desire to go back through with all characters and get a full 100%. Shame but perhaps I'll pick it up again in a few years if the desire ever returns!

I've been using this tip (I wouldn't even call it a cheat) and still can't finish the level. Sadly I've decided to give up and move on to Pikmin 3. I've never let a game beat me like this, fuck you Nintendo!

It's not that bad once you get the level sorted. Take a Tanooki suit with you and you should be alright. You are right at the end of the level. DONT GIVE UP!

I think this was the missing link as I was using cat suits before. The tanooki suit gives you so much more time to think during the end boost segments. Did it on my fifth try this evening and the feeling was GLORIOUS.

Seem to be missing a few stamps now, cannot think where I've missed them from as the only incomplete level is the 'Mystery Marathon House'

Will some god forsaken hell hole open up with more terrible levels?

I think this was the missing link as I was using cat suits before. The tanooki suit gives you so much more time to think during the end boost segments. Did it on my fifth try this evening and the feeling was GLORIOUS.

Seem to be missing a few stamps now, cannot think where I've missed them from as the only incomplete level is the 'Mystery Marathon House'

Will some god forsaken hell hole open up with more terrible levels?

Think I read that you get a stamp for each character you complete the final level with.

No you have to complete EVERY level with a specific character to get their final stamp. I believe my exact words were "f**k that".

I finally did Champion's Road! Just sat down, decided to do it, and did it!

The weird thing is, I feel the level gets easier as it goes on, (it's still as hard as nails) but the bleep blocks at the beginning are the hardest.

I will probably not bother getting the five stars.

VHS Videotape guide to playing 3D World.

Love this, doesn't half take me back!

Edited by tapedeck

The game has arrived. I've played about 50 minutes so far (before Match of the Day starts). Fantastic game. I'm loving the look of it. It's wonderful. :)

I've been playing through this too whilst having a break from Xenoblade.

I have had it since xmas and on World 6 but to be fair I have only been playing it on and off. I don't tend to sit down and concentrate on platformers. I do prefer just dipping in now and again.

I've been playing through this too whilst having a break from Xenoblade.

I have had it since xmas and on World 6 but to be fair I have only been playing it on and off. I don't tend to sit down and concentrate on platformers. I do prefer just dipping in now and again.

Platformers can be a bit repetitive if you play too much in one go. I imagine I'll play this in one-hour bursts or something.

The game looks and feels beautiful. I hear that it gets better, so I'm excited to play more. The circus level (World 1-3 or 4, can't remember which) was fantastic. :D

I'm getting perilously close to giving up on it... I just can't do Champion's Road...

Sooo many lives...

Use Rosalina, and a couple of Tanooki suits, that helps a lot

Sadly, I HAVE to do it with Mario... I've completed EVERY level with Mario first before trying with anyone else!

Silly self-imposed rules... :shakehead:

Sadly, I HAVE to do it with Mario... I've completed EVERY level with Mario first before trying with anyone else!

Silly self-imposed rules... :shakehead:

Then start with Tanookie suit and have another one in back up

Just finished World 1.

Hnnnngggg. That castle was lovely. I spent most of the level just looking at the water. So shiny. Almost ran out of time.

Just finished World 1.

Hnnnngggg. That castle was lovely. I spent most of the level just looking at the water. So shiny. Almost ran out of time.

That's the one thing I don't like about this game... No time to just explore and admire the view...

I wish there was an unlockable unlimited time mode (when all the stars and stamp are collected.)

The game has arrived. I've played about 50 minutes so far (before Match of the Day starts). Fantastic game. I'm loving the look of it. It's wonderful. :)

How'd you get yours so bloody fast! Mine didn't come til yesterday - taking it to my Wii U this eve but have to resist the temptation to play til the weekend...

Would best advise be running it through on single, or mutli, to start off with? I've played a bit before with my mate on his Wii U, but I'm tempted to get a 4 man crowd together to kick this off - will that be frustrating or ok?

At the risk of sounding like somebody who just swoons over pretty visuals, this game just looks fucking incredible in HD. :love:

It feels very "right". I don't know what it is, but something about this game just screams to me that this is how Mario needs to be on a home console.

At the risk of sounding like somebody who just swoons over pretty visuals, this game just looks fucking incredible in HD. :love:

It feels very "right". I don't know what it is, but something about this game just screams to me that this is how Mario needs to be on a home console.

Wholeheartedly agree, my friend.

Even though it's 720p rather than 1080p, it's one of the greatest looking games I've seen (until Mario Kart 8). It's how they've always wanted Mario to be, and you can tell.

Are people still playing this? As i've mentioned i'm playing it now and again in between games ( I tend to do so with platformers).

I have literally spent half hour looking for World 6-C only to realise that it is at the pipe at the end. I was thinking that would lead to the next world not that level!

Half hour of my life i'm not going to get back due to stupidity haha.

@Blade, what with this and your recent Xenoblade revelations, I think it's best you don't think about those sort of things :p

Are people still playing this? As i've mentioned i'm playing it now and again in between games ( I tend to do so with platformers).

I have literally spent half hour looking for World 6-C only to realise that it is at the pipe at the end. I was thinking that would lead to the next world not that level!

Half hour of my life i'm not going to get back due to stupidity haha.

Still slowly plugging away at finishing every level with every character, mostly when a group comes over, otherwise I play MH3U or NES and SNES games now.

ATM we have completed up to World 6 100%, and a few on World Bowser 100%'d, too. Mostly enjoy playing this multiplayer.