N-Europe

Earthbound OUT NOW!

Andyliini

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fuck? People are actually buying the system for this? That's insane...

Somewhere Iwata is sitting in a darkened room... smiling. He knew. He knew all along.

Probably cheaper than buying the cart. :p

Figures they would release it now when I'm away...

Wow! It's not even been out for 5 hours and it is already the 18th best selling game of all time in the EU eShop! :o

It has already beaten Nintendo Land in digital sales!

BTW, I just added one more to that tally. Can't believe that I finally own the game!!! :D

It had better be worth the 18 year wait!

I personally find it a tad overrated, but it is enjoyable and quirky as promised.

I never thought I'd see the day Earthbound was re-released. Good going, Nintendo.

Calling it now, the Smash Bros site will update with Ness' return tomorrow.

I got it and LOVE it so far. The humour, music and style is what stands out most so far. But yeah I've only put in an hour and a half (ish) and probably won't have much time to play over the weekend but can't wait to sink my teeth into it next week.

Oh! It's up to 14th place on the all time charts now!

How long till it hits the number 1 spot? Tomorrow?

Just to get the big picture, what is the most downloaded title from eShop? I would be on a Virtual Console game you could get for 30c (Balloon Fight or F-Zero perhaps), but I have no real idea.

Only put a moderate 45 minutes into it so far.

The soundtrack, and general sound design, is exceptional.

I got it and LOVE it so far. The humour, music and style is what stands out most so far.

I totally agree with both posts.

I love how there is no hand holding going on. I spent a good while trying to find a way to get the key so I could go to the next area. I knew it had to do with City Hall but I couldn't see the Mayor.

This forces you to talk to everyone you can, explore the world and really take in what's being said to you. It's so refreshing to play a game that doesn't tell you exactly what to do.

Just to get the big picture, what is the most downloaded title from eShop? I would be on a Virtual Console game you could get for 30c (Balloon Fight or F-Zero perhaps), but I have no real idea.

Kirby's Adventure is at the Number 1 spot (yes it was a 30p game).

BTW, It's now 13th. Just surpassed NSMBU! :D

Would download this, but I'm really not a fan of turn-based RPGs

Except Pokemon. :D

It's understandable though. Why buy it if you aren't going to enjoy it?

Another little thing I like is that when you become leveled up to the point where you can easily beat an enemy, just walking into it kills the thing without a battle and nets you the exp. Lovely stuff.

I'm sure i've played another RPG that does this but cannot for the life of me think what it was.

Would download this, but I'm really not a fan of turn-based RPGs

:blank:

But... Pokemon is turn-based? :p

Ah well, each to their own. ::shrug:

--------------------------

I can't wait to start playing this today. :D

What's the price on this? Swear I'd seen somewhere that it's a bit pricier than the average SNES VC title, no?

Played it ages back as a kid, man it felt like one long-ass game. Not sure I'll drop the dimes on it for risk of getting bored too quickly and it wasting away(like so many other games I've bought now!)