Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii U General Discussion

Hero-of-Time

Yeah, Nintendo are innovating through the roof with such titles as Pikmin 3, NSMB, Zelda, Mario Kart and Smash Brothers. Cutting edge features like seamless voice chat, comprehensive online connectivity and totally new gameplay. Not at all making iterative sequels.

Meanwhile Demon's Souls-esque online meta cooperation/hindrence, perk-based shooter loadouts and hide and seek style Assassin's Creed multiplayer show that every game on the other console is playing out just like it always has.

Yes, all Nintendo's games are cookie cutter. Well done. Sod off if you truly think so.

I miss when people were actually positive here and not just bitching, but you, Wii and so forth have driven them away or into silence. Bravo.

Nah I'll tell you what's happened, Nintendo themselves turned all but the remaining militant Nintendo fanboys into questioning Nintendo's policies to online, relations with third parties and hardware choices.

I like Nintendo games but that doesn't mean I can't call out things like iterative sequels when the very same comment was just made about the competition. Also, all Nintendo games are iterative? Words in my mouth there. I'm just pointing out that most of them are these days, which is why I think his comment more applies to Nintendo.

Yes, all Nintendo's games are cookie cutter. Well done. Sod off if you truly think so.

I miss when people were actually positive here and not just bitching, but you, Wii and so forth have driven them away or into silence. Bravo.

Sod off yourself. I'm as big a Nintendo fan as anybody. However, I live in reality. They aren't perfect, far from it. If they were they wouldn't be having the problems that they are in. You choose to stick your head in the sand. Nintendo have cookie-cutted certain games this generation, that's a fact.

Nintendo have cookie-cutted certain games this generation, that's a fact.

All successful games do, look at COD and Assassin's Creed, the same game released every year. Nintendo at least try and mix up the formula every so often.

Sod off yourself. I'm as big a Nintendo fan as anybody. However, I live in reality. They aren't perfect, far from it. If they were they wouldn't be having the problems that they are in. You choose to stick your head in the sand. Nintendo have cookie-cutted certain games this generation, that's a fact.

It's not a fact. The only "cookie cutter" one is New Super Mario Bros. U. The rest are far from cookie cutter.

You're also not a fan when you ignore games you don't like just to trash them, as seen earlier when you claimed droughts as factual statements which were proved otherwise, and continually change the names of games to synonyms of faecal matter.

People really need to stop using the term rehash and "cookie cutter" for new iterations of existing franchises

Edited by Serebii

Thank god for indies! Or modern gaming really would be in a sorry state.

I think the only thing in a sorry state here, sadly, is the WiiU for not getting any of these titles when they, to me, essentially fit a number of the virtues that I've seen you extol of the system itself.

So why isn't it getting them? That's a big, relevant, and imo important question to look at and answer.

Speaking of platformers, is anyone going to chip in with the Kickstarter for Project Ukulele when it launches?

I know we have a thread elsewhere for it but I feel that it would be the perfect fit for the Wii U for obvious reasons but I am really surprised that Nintendo hasn't stepped in to offer financial backing themselves, it would be such a good move to get a developer with that amount of potential talent on-board. : peace:

*ahem*AHatInTime*ahem*.

I'd certainly consider backing it more certainly if I *knew* it'd come to WiiU - see top half of my post however.

Edited by Rummy

So... Shigsy and Eiji said that Starfox will come after Majora's mask, and that Zelda U will come after Starfox... Anyone has any predictions for release dates so i can plan in a Wii U purchase?

Probably:

Star Fox - September/October

Zelda - November/December

So... Shigsy and Eiji said that Starfox will come after Majora's mask, and that Zelda U will come after Starfox... Anyone has any predictions for release dates so i can plan in a Wii U purchase?

Hmmm...

Well let's piece together these clues.

I deduce from the evidence that Zelda WiiU will come out sometime...

...after Starfox.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Why not buy a Wii U now and spend the next six months playing some of its great games? Expect Zelda in November/December though.

You might as well save your money until December unless it's an itch that needs scratching straight away. There might be a price drop by then too. There's nothing really interesting launching that we know of until Zelda and Xenoblade hit. You can catch up on the other games then and they'll probably be cheaper.

There's nothing really interesting launching that we know of until Zelda and Xenoblade hit.

Correction, nothing that you find interesting. Personally I'm looking forward to Starfox, Yoshi, Kirby, Mario Maker, Splatoon, Project Giant Robot, Xenoblade, MK DLC AAAAND Zelda + whatever else Nintendo announce for 2015.