Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii U General Discussion

Hero-of-Time

THE FUCK!? That came out of nowhere!!!

FOLDERS!!! AT LAST!!!

HallelujahSquirrel.jpg

Oh thank God! My menu was already up to 10 pages!!! This was so badly needed!! :D

Not out of nowhere, there has been a craptonne of maintenance this week. Miiverse is in the final day of FOUR day maintenance. eShop has had two bouts of 4 hour maintenance. The entire Nintendo Network had 5 minutes last night.

I still say they're building to something, something larger than this.

lol @ Wii complaining about servers being down for maintenance as being amateurish.

Ok :)

I'm happy folders are here for the Wii U, but I won't use them. I like my organised chaos!

It was amateurish. I don't know if the servers were down but it wouldn't let me play a game online until I'd done the upgrade. Didn't tell me why I couldn't play, didn't tell me what to do, like I said I had to google it to find out what was going on. They could have given us a heads up about this. Yes it's a good update but let us know what's happening. Even after the upgrade it still wouldn't let me go online. And if you want to go there, lol at @Serebii defending Nintendo as per usual. :blank:

You're right. Other companies never have downtime...no sir.

Also, they do give a heads up about downtime. I've known about it for several days.

You really are grasping at straws for trashing Nintendo these days. But I digress, I'm blocking you now. Fed up with seeing your trolling in every thread these days.

It's f*cking f*cked up. Took at least 10 minutes to download and another 10 to install. And it still isn't right. no redirect to tell me there was an upgrade, just an error code, had to Google search what was going on, sorry but they're eejits. Teething problems I guess. This is amateurish. Maybe by the morning it'll be sorted. I tried to play a game before the update, just said I couldn't do it but didn't tell me either what I needed to do.

Did your mum forget to give you your Ritalin again??

I mean seriously, servers down for an hour or so for a bit of maintenance is hardly the end of the world. These things happen - not really time for a screaming shit-fit is it?

@Serebii is just being a voice of sanity! You couldn't play online for an hour, big deal.

Just tried it there, still the same error. 102-2932. Says the Nintendo agreement and Privacy policy has been updated but the server or network is busy. I suppose that's good?

I mean seriously, servers down for an hour or so for a bit of maintenance is hardly the end of the world. These things happen - not really time for a screaming shit-fit is it?

@Serebii is just being a voice of sanity! You couldn't play online for an hour, big deal.

Still the same problem 7 hours later.

Indeed. Nintendo told people to keep an eye on this page for maintenance: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_GB/index.html

We do, when new stuff is added, it spreads on the net, just like Sony and Microsoft announced downtime (for the most part)

Indeed. Nintendo told people to keep an eye on this page for maintenance: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_GB/index.html

We do, when new stuff is added, it spreads on the net, just like Sony and Microsoft announced downtime (for the most part)

Don't be so disingenuous. Did you know this update was coming this morning, was it reported on sites? No you didn't and no it wasn't. We were warned last week about Miiverse maintenance from Thursday to Monday I think, nothing about this was mentioned. You really are unbelievable! I suppose that's why it was reported everywhere.

Edited by Wii

I'm getting the same error message as @Wii is there anything I can do or do I just have to wait it out?

Dunno if this will help but I went into the Wii U settings and forced the update. It downloaded and installed, got a message about terms and condition that I needed to click on, this caused an error message but the new folders feature was still there to be used.

Damn, 300 icons is still the max you can on the Wii U menu at any time? Was hoping that they'd up it when they added folders... (currently at 169, but that includes demos and crappy apps like Youtube that I can get rid of if need be...)

Really don't want to have to start swapping HDD's, just to get more icons on my Wii U menu during its lifetime :(

I'm getting the same error message as @Wii is there anything I can do or do I just have to wait it out?

Yeah, servers are undergoing maintenance, so all you can do is wait.

Good to see Nintendo haven't forgotten Wii U - I've been expecting a big rebrand to promote it as a premium paperwieght.

In all seriousness, I don't get people's beef with downtime and ropey first few hours. Rather than wait for the inevitable update to their Wii U's the whole of Neogaf and N-Europe force the update and overload the Nintendo server pot. The first few hours - on any machine - suffers congestion and seemingly throws up some odd errors.

34ga713.jpg

I happen to agree with Serebii, this is clearly leading somewhere else. A few niggles are sorted (whilst adding a few more in my view), it'd be nice to see some better integration of things like eShop and Miiverse across the system rather than having to slowly boot up these applications - I like to think that having all these things updated at once is leading to this... I wait bitter disappointment.

Dunno if this will help but I went into the Wii U settings and forced the update. It downloaded and installed, got a message about terms and condition that I needed to click on, this caused an error message but the new folders feature was still there to be used.

The update is done. The folders option is there, just can't play online. Continuous 102-2932 anytime I try to access games online or go back to the home menu. Keeps telling me about this agreement but won't let me agree.

PRC-Backpatch.jpg

It's irritating but I'm sure it'll be resolved soon.

I don't think we need to consider cancelling this weeks MK8 League night just yet. :laughing:

The update is done. The folders option is there, just can't play online. Continuous 102-2932 anytime I try to access games online or go back to the home menu. Keeps telling me about this agreement but won't let me agree.

Got exactly the same problem, all we can do is wait it out.

Ah, I thought you and Clownferret just couldn't access the update. My bad.

That guy seems a little off/weird. He gets points for his Pikmin picture on the wall though.

Damn, 300 icons is still the max you can on the Wii U menu at any time? Was hoping that they'd up it when they added folders... (currently at 169, but that includes demos and crappy apps like Youtube that I can get rid of if need be...)

Really don't want to have to start swapping HDD's, just to get more icons on my Wii U menu during its lifetime :(

Yeah, servers are undergoing maintenance, so all you can do is wait.

How the hell do you have so many icons? Sorry but that's...

36277278.jpg

It was amateurish. I don't know if the servers were down but it wouldn't let me play a game online until I'd done the upgrade. Didn't tell me why I couldn't play, didn't tell me what to do, like I said I had to google it to find out what was going on. They could have given us a heads up about this. Yes it's a good update but let us know what's happening. Even after the upgrade it still wouldn't let me go online. And if you want to go there, lol at @Serebii defending Nintendo as per usual. :blank:

If only the Wii U had some sort of handy notifications system that they could use to disseminate such information...