NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

I've got a LOT of games i haven't even started due to Splatoon. But since switching to Plusnet Splatoon is pretty unplayable, so I'm getting back to them slowly when my wee man allows it.

I'm currently doing the feats in Shovel Knight.

So, just curious, but where are all your Wii Us now?

Plugged in and ready to play? Stored away? Sold?

Yesterday I've finished Shantae and the pirate's curse and today Lego City Undercover, but only about 28% (the main story is finished) and I am not sure if I will continue playing it as I have started Bayonetta 2 now, plus there are a lot of games I have but have to finish them.

Also, my MH3 copy hasn't arrived yet so I have to do something about it.... Anyway, I think that I will be playing it at least for another year.

So, just curious, but where are all your Wii Us now?

Plugged in and ready to play? Stored away? Sold?

Plugged in and played with everyday. Helps having a child to co-op games on. Lego games, Minecraft, little gems like Dual Core on the eShop, and Virtual console for me when alone.

My Wii U, like the rest of my consoles, is plugged in and ready for action whenever I need it :grin:

I was never off it throughout April and May whilst hunting down all of the medals in the superbly fun Starfox Zero but I've recently drifted off into a few Gamecube and Wii games. It shouldn't be too long until I return to the Wii U, though, as there's a few games I need to get back to such as Pikmin 3 and Twilight Princess HD :smile:

It does feel a little strange that depending on what happens with the Nintendo NX, my own personal Wii U library may well be complete unless I end up getting Breath of the Wild for it or even Paper Mario: Colour Splash, should the latter turn out to be decent!

I've got a LOT of games i haven't even started due to Splatoon. But since switching to Plusnet Splatoon is pretty unplayable, so I'm getting back to them slowly when my wee man allows it.

at the end of last year I had terrible net connection, and it does really hit splatoon so hard, with the amiibo locked content the single player isn't enough for me. My nephew has a rubbish connection so he rarely, if ever plays splaton these days, especially as the connection is unplayable if his sister and mum are at home!

its plugged in and frequently used as a Netflix machine these days, occasionally Zelda or Mario kart

at the end of last year I had terrible net connection, and it does really hit splatoon so hard, with the amiibo locked content the single player isn't enough for me. My nephew has a rubbish connection so he rarely, if ever plays splaton these days, especially as the connection is unplayable if his sister and mum are at home!

I haven't been able to play Splatoon online since the August update last year which is really disappointing as I feel like I've missed out on so much :sad:

If we can ever afford to buy our own house, internet connection speed will be a huge factor in where we decide to live :heh:

I was really tempted to close the thread with this post simply because the last conversation would be about how often you use your Wii U and the last person commenting on that would be called DuD. It just felt almost too poetic to pass up :heh:

I play Splatoon pretty much every day and Mario Maker a couple of times a week. I've not finished Zelda TP yet so I'm playing that when I have time.

Other then that I use it for Netflix, Amazon video and YouTube a lot.

He should have retired a long time ago. It's safe to say he is absolutely nothing like the young and hungry guy at the cutting edge that he once was. He genuinely comes across as annoying these days, what with his desire to ruin games with gimmicks all the time.

Interesting quote from Aonuma on Breath of the Wild after Miyamoto took a step back:

“I’m actually the one who was the most affected by Miyamoto taking a step back, because now I have to take on all the responsibilities of Zelda. I thought, hey, this is my chance to create something I really want to create!

Miyamoto is God, so even when I say, hey, this is what I think should be done, they’ll always question: ‘Well, what would Miyamoto say?’ Up until about two years ago, Miyamoto actually had a lot of comments and advice about Breath of the Wild.”

He hampers the creative freedom of others. Not a guy I would want around if making a game.

Harsh... But this is the vibe I'm getting too.

I couldn't agree more!

I think the argument is more is he still relevant and/or is he possibly preventing new ideas coming through because he's seen as the person that has to approve everything (and when its just one person it limits creativity) rather than questioning his history.

I don't think anyone is going to say he's not an amazing game designer, but is it time he stepped aside from that a little bit?

I think the argument is more is he still relevant and/or is he possibly preventing new ideas coming through because he's seen as the person that has to approve everything (and when its just one person it limits creativity) rather than questioning his history.

I don't think anyone is going to say he's not an amazing game designer, but is it time he stepped aside from that a little bit?

He already has.

AFAIK he's still part of the process isn't he, even if its in an oversight capacity?

AFAIK he's still part of the process isn't he, even if its in an oversight capacity?
I'm not completely sure to be honest, but I know a man who probably is... :hehe:

@Dcubed, care to chime in?

He answers to me. I was the one who told him to make Star Fox Zero dual screened, the one who told him to remove all the RPG mechanics from Paper Mario and the one who told him to make the NX into the world's most power efficient toaster; capable of delivering 4 slices of toast per single AAA battery

You're welcome ;)

He answers to me. I was the one who told him to make Star Fox Zero dual screened, the one who told him to remove all the RPG mechanics from Paper Mario and the one who told him to make the NX into the world's most power efficient toaster; capable of delivering 4 slices of toast per single AAA battery

You're welcome ;)

Can you tell him to make Wii Music 2? :D

My MH3 game was never delivered :( so they gave me the money back as I am afraid of letting them send it again as it could get lost or the second time.

They are not even sure if I can order the game to a UK address, because the system might see it as a security problem, even if I ask on e-mail about it. This is really stupid.

The support on gamecollection was great, but I've really hoped to get the game and now I am not even sure that I will be able to order games from them anymore.

Of course I'm sure we all love Miyamoto for his art, but his business sense I'm not too fond of. Pikmin and Star Fox Zero would have been heavily replayable games if he didn't omit competitive online modes.

I wrote before about MH3, the game wasn't delivered, they have paid me back and now, my wife went to our old flat (it's still ours, but we don't live in the city anymore) and the package with the game was in front of the door which means that the game was delivered yesterday which is 32 days since it was shipped.

The label with the address was damaged which may have caused the problem but still, 32 days.....

Anyway, I should get the game on Tuesday I hope, which is great.

I have also informed The Game Collection about it and hope that they will be able to take the required amount of my account.

I wrote before about MH3, the game wasn't delivered, they have paid me back and now, my wife went to our old flat (it's still ours, but we don't live in the city anymore) and the package with the game was in front of the door which means that the game was delivered yesterday which is 32 days since it was shipped.

The label with the address was damaged which may have caused the problem but still, 32 days.....

Anyway, I should get the game on Tuesday I hope, which is great.

I have also informed The Game Collection about it and hope that they will be able to take the required amount of my account.