NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

I'm getting Déjà vu here but mine works 2 floors down.

How is that possible? Do you have floorboards? I suppose wood is easier than blocks to pass through and it is largely a cavity and a bit of plasterboard between floors. But still mine can't manage 1 floor.

I'd be happy with Resi 4 HD on the Wii U especially after buying the PC version and finding out that it won't run on my not even two years old machine...

I'm not the only one, loads of others are having trouble running the game but it's frustrating waiting on Capcom to patch it. :/

At least if they made a console 60fps HD version it would run from the start. :p

Oh well, at least the recent PC port of Ikaruga runs like butter, that's another game I would love to see on the Wii U with the option of off-tv play because what I would do then is rotate the display, stand the pad vertically somehow and play with the pro controller, it would be cheaper than a dedicated vertical monitor at least. ;)

My WiiU is seemingly a Super WiiU. No lag or signal loss through two supporting brick walls, I do have to be fairly still or the signal does fail but thats pretty impressive.

I'm getting Déjà vu here but mine works 2 floors down.

Super jealous... Mine won't even work in the room next to where it's at, even if I get close to the wall (the Wii U is right behind said wall). It works in the same room as the WiiU and that's it. Nothing else.

No biggie as I just moved it to my room and hooked it up to the TV I have here, but still quite disappointing.

Super jealous... Mine won't even work in the room next to where it's at, even if I get close to the wall (the Wii U is right behind said wall). It works in the same room as the WiiU and that's it. Nothing else.

No biggie as I just moved it to my room and hooked it up to the TV I have here, but still quite disappointing.

I'm in the same boat, the Gamepad only works if in the same room as the console.

I swear, Superman couldn't see through my sodding walls.

try different orientations of the console... I found I had excellent coverage with it laying flat, but stood up that coverage became VERY patchy. I imagine, from what I can understand, that the quality of the communications hardware varies, some have minimum spec, others seem to be luckier than that. I think I sit in the middle... upstairs 2/4 rooms have coverage, downstairs 1/5 rooms have coverage. I do wonder how much the weak signal is down to environmental issues, and how much is due to uneven coverage on the Wii U's side...

I'm in the same boat, the Gamepad only works if in the same room as the console.

Mine won't even work through a open door 2.5 metres from the console.

Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy a Wii remote (with motion plus inside)? Perhaps someone is even looking to sell one? After finishing up with SM3DW I'm wanting to experience some Nintendo Land multiplayer.

They're really cheap on eBay.

Before I got my Motion Plus controllers I just got the Motion Plus attachments for my old Wii-motes, got some on ebay for like £5 each.

I picked up ZombiU yesterday as I saw it in GAME for just a tenner. I'd always held out because I'm not overly keen on FPS or indeed any shooting games but...

I can't believe I waited this long! It's such a fun game and makes fantastic use of the GamePad. I'd almost forgotten just how much potential the thing had. It was really refreshing to play such an ambitious Wii U title, with great graphics, voice acting and multiplayer.

So yeah, it was a very bitter-sweet experience. I guess we won't be seeing another third-party game like that on Wii U for quite some time/ever.

Also, on the games front, I got Black Flag last week and finally played it a few days ago. It's a lot more fun than number 3 but technically a lot worse. Number 3 on my Wii U is relatively smooth (framerate wise) and looks great, though it is a bit glitchy.

But Black Flag looks a lot worse, seems somehow even glitchier and the frame rate is awful. It's like an N64 game at times with how juddery it gets. I was wondering if it's a rushed title and like this on every console or if Ubisoft just took less time optimising this one for Wii U. Anyone played it on another console?

I picked up ZombiU yesterday as I saw it in GAME for just a tenner. I'd always held out because I'm not overly keen on FPS or indeed any shooting games but...

I can't believe I waited this long! It's such a fun game and makes fantastic use of the GamePad. I'd almost forgotten just how much potential the thing had. It was really refreshing to play such an ambitious Wii U title, with great graphics, voice acting and multiplayer.

So yeah, it was a very bitter-sweet experience. I guess we won't be seeing another third-party game like that on Wii U for quite some time/ever.

I'm still holding out for the non-existent sequel which could have been AMAZING.... :(

should any of us hold out hope the maintenance is to add something? probably not

I think it's more likely they'd be doing maintenance to take something away.

:heh:

'We have decided that because the 'Ear of Luigi' has almost come to an end that it is time for us to take away all of the games that have been released as part of this celebration'

'Did you really think that you would get more than the year to play them?'

*Iwata laughs*

'Do not be so silly!'

'Please Understand!'

'Buy Mario Kart 8 on May 30th or we will take away more games'

'Thank you for watching, goodbye!'

:laughing:

should any of us hold out hope the maintenance is to add something? probably not

Probably not, no.

Why the hell is the Wii U version of NFS Most Wanted still so expensive? oO

I don't get it... they complain it's not selling but fail to drop the price. -.-'

I heard they barely made any physical copies. I remember hearing one of the developers say how they couldn't even get hold of a game they'd been working on themselves for 6 months

Why the hell is the Wii U version of NFS Most Wanted still so expensive? oO

I don't get it... they complain it's not selling but fail to drop the price. -.-'

I heard they barely made any physical copies. I remember hearing one of the developers say how they couldn't even get hold of a game they'd been working on themselves for 6 months

That's right. Nintendo supposedly did not release it on disc initially in Europe: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/03/former_criterion_boss_alex_ward_laments_issues_with_releasing_need_for_speed_on_wii_u

Crazy!

That's right. Nintendo supposedly did not release it on disc initially in Europe: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/03/former_criterion_boss_alex_ward_laments_issues_with_releasing_need_for_speed_on_wii_u

Crazy!

Which is bull as I, among others here, got retail copies on day one. He's hyperbolising the fact that EA didn't print many copies because they're EA. Also, he blames Nintendo for not doing what his publisher dropped the ball on. A bit whiney.

Edited by Serebii

Which is bull as I, among others here, got retail copies on day one. He's hyperbolising the fact that EA didn't print many copies because they're EA. Also, he blames Nintendo for not doing what his publisher dropped the ball on. A bit whiney.

The supply was VERY limited though. Not many were printed and during the first month of release it was almost impossible to get a hold of a copy of the game if it hadn't been preordered. The prices on ebay were through the roof at one point for it.

I read the article the other day and found it to be a good read. The fact that neither EA or Nintendo seemed to care about the game at all was quite shocking.

The supply was VERY limited though. Not many were printed and during the first month of release it was almost impossible to get a hold of a copy of the game if it hadn't been preordered. The prices on ebay were through the roof at one point for it.

I read the article the other day and found it to be a good read. The fact that neither EA or Nintendo seemed to care about the game at all was quite shocking.

I'm more stunned that people are trashing Nintendo for not doing the job of the publisher i.e. marketing, printing etc.

Nintendo did even promote the game on social media platforms and Nintendo Direct. What more could they do? It's not the platform holder's responsibility to do the publisher's job.

But the third party situation is never going to improve without Nintendo helping out. Nintendo could have sorted the distribution of Crysis 3 but it got cancelled because neither EA or Nintendo were bothered about a Wii U version.

They've distributed third party games in the past (Resi 4) and they can do it again.

But the third party situation is never going to improve without Nintendo helping out. Nintendo could have sorted the distribution of Crysis 3 but it got cancelled because neither EA or Nintendo were bothered about a Wii U version.

They've distributed third party games in the past (Resi 4) and they can do it again.

Doing so would set a dangerous precedent, would it not?

Why make games for Nintendo consoles without Nintendo fronting the bill if they're going to start doing that? It's one thing to moneyhat exclusives, but for other circumstances? No.

EA distribute Valve games, so I'm sure there's something for Nintendo to gain out of it.

Sony and Microsoft make strategic marketing and distribution partnerships with developers all the time. That's a precedent Nintendo needs to set.