NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

It really is a love/hate relationship with the Wii U, isn't it? :D

My excitement towards Mario Kart and Smash will live and die by how the online works.

Of course, though Mario Kart Wii is the best example of nintendo's attempts at online for me, it was fantastic!! Though isn't voice chat vital for you? Than maybe it won't be enough :D

Of course, though Mario Kart Wii is the best example of nintendo's attempts at online for me, it was fantastic!! Though isn't voice chat vital for you? Than maybe it won't be enough :D

Yup. I'll still get these games but if I can't have the banter with people on my friendslist while i'm driving or fighting then what's the point? I may as well just be playing the AI.

If Nintendo don't want to have a party chat style system on the console then that's fine BUT if they are making games with online modes they should at least include chat in them. It's 2014 for crying out loud!

Yup. I'll still get these games but if I can't have the banter with people on my friendslist while i'm driving or fighting then what's the point? I may as well just be playing the AI.

If Nintendo don't want to have a party chat style system on the console then that's fine BUT if they are making games with online modes they should at least include chat in them. It's 2014 for crying out loud!

This. If voice chat isn't included I will be posting numerate tirades on Miiverse and Twitter to Nintendo to vent my frustration and do Nintendo's head in!

This. If voice chat isn't included I will be posting numerate tirades on Miiverse and Twitter to Nintendo to vent my frustration and do Nintendo's head in!

5bd19cf6227ce7443be4e64c4a9d814a804a746c853404c354aa58293dcd4779.jpg

I'm in the @DAZybee camp, I think the Wii U is a sublime console and because I'm probably in a minority of people who did not have PS3 or 360 there are loads of brilliant games available. HOWEVER, Nintendo need to sort out the 3rd party situation pronto. If that means chucking a few £million at EA to get FIFA et al back then so be it.

Mario Kart needs to be everything it can be. Voice chat is a must, but sadly impossible considering Nintendo's family values. if they would just let us have chat in private parties then that would be enough.

Also, when are they going to incorporate double gamepad functionality. I will get a 2nd Wii U the moment I know me and my son can play COD or FIFA using two gamepads whilst the missus is watching some banal shite on tv. (Don't answer, I know this is dead along with tvii)

Mario Kart needs to be everything it can be. Voice chat is a must, but sadly impossible considering Nintendo's family values. if they would just let us have chat in private parties then that would be enough.

I can see their concern with talking to randomers and quite frankly I wouldn't want to, but surely talking with people on your friend list is safe enough for them?

Not Wii U related but Nintendo related.

The Mario Happy Meals arrive next week.

Nintendo has teamed up with McDonald's to include a range of Mario toys in Happy Meals from next week.

Figurines featuring Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Toad and Yoshi will be available from 19th March until 29th April, Nintendo UK revealed today.

Several of the toys will be interactive, including Mario's Hovering Coin, the Donkey Kong Barrel Projector, a Super Sound Mushroom and Mario's Warp Pipe Embosser.

There's a healthy message behind the range, too - a "Run, Jump and Power-Up with Super Mario" promotion that will encourage children to be active as well as eat fries.

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata recently announced a new push to be more open in licensing the company's characters in order to maximise their exposure. Take a look at the full range of toys below:

Pics are at the LINK

Me and my mate have already planned a trip to Maccy D's to nab that Toad figure. :D

I'm tottally in the loving my WiiU camp, the off screen play is a god send now i'm living with my girlfriend! otherwise i'd have to switch off my games console and watch soaps!

Nintendo saved me from that horror! (in fairness handheld gaming scratches that itch too)

but the problem with the Wiiu is nintendo and their maddening ideas and hidden rules on why things have to be done this way and that way and they can't suddenly do this

Imagine if (remember when this was anounced) we actually got other store fronts put on the WiiU and steam was one of those! i'd die and go to heaven!

What did happen to all those other features and things of the WiiU like TVii? and the ability to have other stores not just the eshop? i thought we'd get steam and origin or maybe some sort of android like store? was that jsut pr bullshit in the intial E3 reveal?

Chill out.

You will be giving Canand a run for his money :p

I'm in the @DAZybee camp, I think the Wii U is a sublime console and because I'm probably in a minority of people who did not have PS3 or 360 there are loads of brilliant games available. HOWEVER, Nintendo need to sort out the 3rd party situation pronto. If that means chucking a few £million at EA to get FIFA et al back then so be it.

Also, when are they going to incorporate double gamepad functionality. I will get a 2nd Wii U the moment I know me and my son can play COD or FIFA using two gamepads whilst the missus is watching some banal shite on tv. (Don't answer, I know this is dead along with tvii)

That to me is another big problem with Wii U. Only one person can use the gamepad. It was meant to be the selling point and differentiator of the console. They could have worked around that by putting their games online. The gamepad is a bit like someone stuffing their face full of chocolate cake while handing everyone else brussel sprouts and saying "here enjoy"!

Fffffuuuuu....

NINTENDO supporting Happy Meals now....Damn.

That's selling your soul to the devil right there. Why not promote something healthy instead of associating your brand with something that can hardly be considerated nutrition, or food for that matter.

Promoting a traditional Japanese diet would've been a much more healthier way to go.

QOL should take into account healthy nutrition as well, make it so NINTENDO!

To be fair as part of it they'r promoting healthy lifestyles - running, jumping etc The things mario does in the games!

Mc donalds is part of a healthy diet, considering most of its products act like colon blow

Fffffuuuuu....

NINTENDO supporting Happy Meals now....Damn.

They're supporting Happy Meals better than their own console!

To be fair as part of it they'r promoting healthy lifestyles - running, jumping etc The things mario does in the games!

And eating magic mushrooms. :p

This is funny because it's true!

Marketing, my friend.

Kids will go to McDonalds. Parents get them happy meal. They get a Mario toy. They see a Mario game in the store with the Wii U. They bug their parents to buy it.

Job done

These are the same Mario Happy Meal toys they had in Tenerife back in October! I bought 3 Happy Meals before we got the plane back thinking we'd never get them over here :P Oh well, it gave me an excuse to scoff on chicken nuggets.

Marketing, my friend.

Kids will go to McDonalds. Parents get them happy meal. They get a Mario toy. They see a Mario game in the store with the Wii U. They bug their parents to buy it.

Job done

I think that may be a bit optimistic :p But it's a step in the right direction I guess!

And he's the peak of physical fitness!

No chance of Nintendo including voice chat in Mario Kart.

What about using Skype though for the league nights?

No chance of Nintendo including voice chat in Mario Kart.

How is there no chance?

How is there no chance?

Mario Kart is a family title, they won't want kids playing online with the chance of other players swearing at them.

Do you honestly think Nintendo would put in a voice chat mode just for private games?

Mario Kart is a family title, they won't want kids playing online with the chance of other players swearing at them.

Do you honestly think Nintendo would put in a voice chat mode just for private games?

Pokémon has voice chat

I believe you'd have to have Skype Premium in order to chat with multiple people.

Not sure if I'll be able to enjoy the beauty of the game with people shouting all the time, though.

I believe you'd have to have Skype Premium in order to chat with multiple people.

Not sure if I'll be able to enjoy the beauty of the game with people shouting all the time, though.

Oh right, not that familiar with Skype.