NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

We won't get either of them. :p

By the end of this transfer window, we will have Garay as cover for Vidic. Fellaini in midfield and maybe a youth striker from abroad, or somebody who isn't from a huge team. At the very most. We could just as likely end up with none of them and recruit from within. If it comes down to the last week of the window and we're just putting a deal in place for Fellaini (as our main bit of business this summer) then that tells you all you need to know.

Looking at out dealings, we've tended to shy away from huuuuge prices and deals. Berbatov was over 30million, Veron was pricey, but since then we've not really done business in the same way. We're looking at the 20-25million pound bracket, and even then I think the club don't tend to like spending that much money unless it's a marquee signing. To get players like Bale and Cesc, you need to be bidding much more than that.

There is no way we'll be getting Bale or Cesc, or these other big names being touted. We may offer big money, but the clubs will either want more or clubs from abroad will offer more. Like I said, we matched bids before for Moura and I reckon we did have something in place for Alcantara, but we were either outbid or outmuscled in some way (Alcantara's situation was special).

We have done some business, But I've just googled him to find this pic and saw a news story saying he's being sent back to South America on loan.

1 Player in this summer (Zaha doesn't count) and he's back out already.

article-2339626-1A43213D000005DC-506_634x420.jpg

I'd take Fellani right now, I know it's not the the star signing that Cesc or Bale would be, But with Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Spurs all adding to their squads... I just want to see some activity from us.

Oh well, least my Bristol City boys are making signings :p Championship... here we come!

We have done some business, But I've just googled him to find this pic and saw a news story saying he's being sent back to South America on loan.

1 Player in this summer (Zaha doesn't count) and he's back out already.

article-2339626-1A43213D000005DC-506_634x420.jpg

I'd take Fellani right now, I know it's not the the star signing that Cesc or Bale would be, But with Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Spurs all adding to their squads... I just want to see some activity from us.

Oh well, least my Bristol City boys are making signings :p Championship... here we come!

Yeah, I know we've signed Varela. I meant signings from this moment on. Zaha and Varela are the type of signings that we're probably best at. Taking youth/younger players and then developing them. Like Ronaldo. I can't help but think that we wasted a bit of money on players like Ashley Young, though. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets moved on to make way. If we could get a young midfielder in the mould of Rafael, somebody who is young, hungry and quick and wants to impress, then that would bode well.

I'm not sure on Fellaini. He's great, but whether he'd fit in and stamp his authority, I don't know. It could be one step too far for him, in my opinion. Everton might just be the perfect club for him.

Bale is unreal. United would be sorted if they bagged him, and it'd be a long term investment. IT MAKES SENSE.

Bale is unreal. United would be sorted if they bagged him, and it'd be a long term investment. IT MAKES SENSE.

Money, brah. It's going to take at least double what we've paid for any other player ever. I don't even think Spurs would sell for £60million. They would probably be cocky and ask for another 10 on top of that...That's a lot of money. United have never spent that amount before.

Plus, the wages on top of that. At United, he would almost certainly win trophies and I'm sure he would have a fantastic career. But, I don't think it will happen because of the finances. Too expensive. We're more likely to look elsewhere and get somebody else for a 10th of that price.

Yeah, I know we've signed Varela. I meant signings from this moment on. Zaha and Varela are the type of signings that we're probably best at. Taking youth/younger players and then developing them. Like Ronaldo. I can't help but think that we wasted a bit of money on players like Ashley Young, though. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets moved on to make way. If we could get a young midfielder in the mould of Rafael, somebody who is young, hungry and quick and wants to impress, then that would bode well.

I'm not sure on Fellaini. He's great, but whether he'd fit in and stamp his authority, I don't know. It could be one step too far for him, in my opinion. Everton might just be the perfect club for him.

As long as we don't sign another Diouff or Bebe, and when we do sign some class try a damn lot harder to keep hold of that player. Pogba.... Having a great time at Juve.

England's women were dire. They've been absolutely awful in every game they've played. It's scary how far behind the team is to the competition. The same goes for the men's senior team, the U21s and U20s.

The coaching and selection process needs to change. I can only see the gap widening at this rate.

sterling.png

Nope sorry, that was an awful comeback :p

Awful comeback to an awful comment. :)

England's women were dire. They've been absolutely awful in every game they've played. It's scary how far behind the team is to the competition. The same goes for the men's senior team, the U21s and U20s.

The coaching and selection process needs to change. I can only see the gap widening at this rate.

They're only basing themselves on the Mens side and U21's :heh:

They're only basing themselves on the Mens side and U21's :heh:

I wish I could laugh at this. Tearrrs.

Benteke signs deal for Villa. He's not going anywhere now. Hmm, I was sure he'd end up at Spurs.

In sad news, Bert Trautmann has died. Even though he played for City, I respected him a lot. I read a lot about him a few weeks ago, including the apprehension he faced when he signed for City after the war. He did well to overcome that and he helped build links between two nations. A remarkable story. Plus, there's THAT FA Cup Final which is folklore now.

I think Hope Powell needs to leave...there have been dictatorships that have lasted less time. If she is great as they clearly think she is move her into a football development role to over see, it would be a much greater use of her skills.

Apparently the w@nk€rs that are Man Ure are going to get Cesc Fabregas. You heard it here first.

I'm pretty sure i heard it a couple of pages ago.

Hmm, another bid for Fabregas.

I can't help but feel we're wasting our time with this one. Either the board at United know something we don't and we believe we can get this deal, or this is just a ploy to get the fans behind us, so that we can say, "oh, we're trying to get these world class stars." Even though realistically they won't come, for whatever reason. I'm sure the bids are high, but in this instance I don't think money is all that there is to it. He seems to be fine in Barcelona and he wants to make it there. Coming back to England would be admitting defeat that he never made it in Spain.

Can't see Fabregas coming. We could offer £60million and obscene wages and he still won't come.

Although, saying that, maybe Barcelona's new manager won't want him and will let him leave...

Hmm, another bid for Fabregas.

I can't help but feel we're wasting our time with this one. Either the board at United know something we don't and we believe we can get this deal, or this is just a ploy to get the fans behind us, so that we can say, "oh, we're trying to get these world class stars." Even though realistically they won't come, for whatever reason. I'm sure the bids are high, but in this instance I don't think money is all that there is to it. He seems to be fine in Barcelona and he wants to make it there. Coming back to England would be admitting defeat that he never made it in Spain.

Can't see Fabregas coming. We could offer £60million and obscene wages and he still won't come.

Although, saying that, maybe Barcelona's new manager won't want him and will let him leave...

Another obstacle would be the first refusal Arsenal have. Unlike RVP, Fabregas made no bones about his love for his adopted 'home'. I'm not naive enough to believe that because he said it means he's definitely going to reject Utd for us but from everything I've read, he still has a great relationship with Wenger and all the fans.

The way he left the us might have left a sour taste but I don't think too many fans begrudged the fact he wanted to go home. I think most always held out hope he'd be back one day.

Another obstacle would be the first refusal Arsenal have. Unlike RVP, Fabregas made no bones about his love for his adopted 'home'. I'm not naive enough to believe that because he said it means he's definitely going to reject Utd for us but from everything I've read, he still has a great relationship with Wenger and all the fans.

The way he left the us might have left a sour taste but I don't think too many fans begrudged the fact he wanted to go home. I think most always held out hope he'd be back one day.

Yup, that's another factor/obstacle.

It won't get that far, though. He'll stay in Barcelona and this will be talked about as another transfer "memory". Like that time City were in for Samuel Eto'o or when Torres went to Chelsea for "that" price.

Saying that, the Arsenal he left isn't entirely the same as the Arsenal that would be there when he gets back. There's a saying that you should never go back to your ex-girlfriend. Maybe he'd want to do something different and he's got a bigger chance of winning things (based on recent seasons) either staying at Barcelona or going to United than he would at Arsenal.

Anyway, personally, I'd have gone for somebody like Strootman or put in a bid for a player like Cabaye or even Gundogan. Much more achievable and realistic targets which would cost less and would make a valuable addition to the side.

Anyway, personally, I'd have gone for somebody like Strootman or put in a bid for a player like Cabaye or even Gundogan. Much more achievable and realistic targets which would cost less and would make a valuable addition to the side.

Gundogan :heart:

Quality player. Dortmund really got a star there. Would love to see him at United. But in fairness Dortmund have a fair few players I'd like to see in United kits.

Dortmund pretty much a 2nd team for me :p (and most of football fans apparently)

Edited by Murr

Whenever someone mentions Gundogan i always imagine a 50 foot mechanoid.

He's not a 50 foot mechanoid is he? The would be something in the rules against it right?

I'd love to see Fabregas at United, nobody could get near him when he was in the PL.

Gundogan :heart:

Quality player. Dortmund really got a star there. Would love to see him at United. But in fairness Dortmund have a fair few players I'd like to see in United kits.

Dortmund pretty a 2nd team for me :p (and most of football fans apparently)

They've won a lot of fans in the last few seasons.

Gundogan is fantastic and I'm surprised we haven't at least put in a bid for him. I'd be very happy to see him at United. A bit of midfield steel. :D

Whenever someone mentions Gundogan i always imagine a 50 foot mechanoid.

He's not a 50 foot mechanoid is he? The would be something in the rules against it right?

He's not far off. :laughing:

I'd love to see Fabregas at United, nobody could get near him when he was in the PL.

He would be an incredible signing. It would certainly win Moyes a lot of fans. But, Barcelona would be fucking crazy to let him go now, especially after Thiago Alcantara has gone. He's Xavi's replacement (Fab) and unless they've got some absolute world beater in the youth system coming through, I can't see him going anywhere.

There's only two small glimpses of hope that could help push this deal through:

1. The World Cup is coming up and getting first team football is a must if Fabregas wants to make it into the starting eleven for Spain.

2. Barcelona needs funds to push through a bid for Thiago Silva (although they've been told to piss off on that one).

So, maybe if we offer something stupid and they get assurances that Thiago Silva can be bought for a certain price, the money for Cesc's move could help there. Even the possibility of us moving Vidic on plus 30 million...maybe.

Either way, even with these scenarios, there is about a 10% chance of this happening/the deal going through. I can't see the sense in us putting in a second bid if we've been told he's not for sale. So, either we're trying to look the dog's bollocks by putting in big bids, or we're wasting our time, or the board know something that we don't (that Cesc is available - which I don't think he is).

I don't think the World Cup would be a motivation for the team in the sense that Fabregas generally always plays in the National side, even more since the decided that using strikers was luxury.