NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Was quite brutal watching that halftime show. Thought he'd been doing a great job at Brighton to be fair.

So Spain vs Italy & Brazil vs Uruguay. Shouldn't count chickens just yet, but Spain Vs Brazil final would be quite the show.

Huge sponsorship contract with Adidas for Chelsea. £300m over 10 years, absolutely ridiculous!

Hopefully we'll use that money wisely! Like we always do ;)

That's only a good deal if you can renegotiate it before it's up. As we've learned signing 10+ year deals with the new stadium. Who's to say what silly money is being thrown around in 5 years time.

That's only a good deal if you can renegotiate it before it's up. As we've learned signing 10+ year deals with the new stadium. Who's to say what silly money is being thrown around in 5 years time.

That's the thing. When we signed our 25m a year deal with Warrior, it was the highest in the league and only bettered by Barca in the world, but you know when United get a new deal, it will blow ours out the water. 30m in a few years will not be that much compared to the other teams.

This Muppet transfer window. I can't take it.

We're signing Cavani & Thiago Alacantra now apparently. As well as still interested in Ronaldo and Strootman.

When the dust settles on 1st September we'll have Zaha & Varela

Glad to see Arsenal are shipping out some duff players.

-Arshavin gone (BBC trying to stir things up and asking if he was the worst PL signing ever. Obviously not - Andy Carroll, £35m and Torrest, £50m spring to midn).

-Djourou out on loan for the season. Distinctly average player

-Bendtner rumoured to be moving to Frankfurt. Terrible player.

Just need to secure the signings of everyone who has been rumoured. Rooney, Jovetic, Mendy, Higuain, Fellaini, Ashley Williams and Sebastien Corchia which is just this weeks list from the ever-reliable BBC Gossip Column.

So Brazil into the final of teh Confederations Cup, didn't watch the match properly as I had it on while I played some MH3U on the GamePad but I did happen to look up for the goals and the penalty so enjoyed what I saw.... was hoping for Extra Time and/or Penalties though :heh:

Neymar while he may be good, is also a complete asshole. First game i've really paid attention and watched him play for Brazil (missed all Brazils confed matches so far, and not followed Brazil results or performance for a while).

But after last night. Wow. What a little diva he is.

iWq2cSuURR34B.gif

ibjjxORMIE4Qjj.gif

L%C3%B3gica-do-Neymar.gif

He'll fit right into La Liga.

ibjjxORMIE4Qjj.gif

Damn, I must have missed that last night.

Though in fairness it is a decent "sell"... he should think bout going to Pro Wrestling :heh:

Yeah Neymar is a tool. But when you can get the ridiculous amount of money that he does, you can do what you want.

Yeah Neymar is a tool. But when you can get the ridiculous amount of money that he does, you can do what you want.

What he earns shouldn't come into it. FIFA need to sort their shit out and get tougher on players who turn the game into a joke.

Damn, I must have missed that last night.

Though in fairness it is a decent "sell"... he should think bout going to Pro Wrestling :heh:

Dolph Ziggler would be proud!

dolph-ziggler-codebreaker.gif

What he earns shouldn't come into it. FIFA need to sort their shit out and get tougher on players who turn the game into a joke.

Unfortunately dude, that'd be one heck of a list of players to write up. :blank:

I think a big part of the problem is that a lot of players, managers and pundits are suggesting that 'gamesmanship' is now part of football and are essentially encouraging diving.

If you dive in a game and get caught by the ref you should get a yellow card. If you don't get seen by the ref but it is clear in post-match videos then you should get a yellow card added to your tally. Get caught enough times than you get the mandatory ban for 5 yellow cards.

If your dive won a penalty you should get a 2 match ban (such as in the case of Mikolunis).

I think a big part of the problem is that a lot of players, managers and pundits are suggesting that 'gamesmanship' is now part of football and are essentially encouraging diving.

Agree with that. I cringe every time I hear someone say "he's entitled to go down because of contact". It's a contact sport, for you to fall over, it has to be significant contact not a brush on your arm.

Agree with that. I cringe every time I hear someone say "he's entitled to go down because of contact". It's a contact sport, for you to fall over, it has to be significant contact not a brush on your arm.

Yeh, that frustrates me as well.. unfortunately, though, part of the blame needs to go to the referees too :hmm: There are many times when players are clearly being fouled but unless they go down, the referees more often than not just let play continue. This basically forces the player to go down in order to get what they should have rightfully been given anyway.

I have other complaints about levels of contact in the game and when they should or shouldn't be penalised. I hate seeing instances where someone has a chance on goal but defenders do "just enough" to stop it from happening, whether it be a slight nudge or something more. The commentators will say that it's "not enough for a penalty" but I often feel that if I was about to score and someone impeded me in any way without touching the ball to prevent me from putting it in the net, surely that's a foul? ::shrug:

"Oh.. it's a contact sport..!" ..hmm.. yes, of course, and that's fine, but you stopped me scoring by knocking me off balance and I neither get a goal nor a penalty. Is that fair?

Maybe that's just the striker in me talking :indeed:

I adore Neymar. He's absolutely phenomenal to watch, and he's one of the most natural gifted footballers i've seen. His ball control and skill is unreal, it's actually effective aswell as brilliant to watch.

He's exciting. You want him to get the ball, and you expect him to do something spectacular when he does. I think he'll be amazing at Barca.

I adore Neymar. He's absolutely phenomenal to watch, and he's one of the most natural gifted footballers i've seen. His ball control and skill is unreal, it's actually effective aswell as brilliant to watch.

He's exciting. You want him to get the ball, and you expect him to do something spectacular when he does. I think he'll be amazing at Barca.

Brilliant. He's still a massive fanny.

Brilliant. He's still a massive fanny.

He is, but it's silly to let that get in the way of his ability and talent. I just love watching him play.

He is, but it's silly to let that get in the way of his ability and talent. I just love watching him play.

You can be a colossal prick and a great footballer. You should know, Suarez still plays for you. ;)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!

You can be a colossal prick and a great footballer. You should know, Suarez still plays for you. ;)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!

He is. Neymar isn't half as bad as Suárez, though. :p

That's not how respect works. You don't get a free pass because you're good at something.

That's not how respect works. You don't get a free pass because you're good at something.

That is how ALL footballers work though.

So that was some penalty shoot out last night. Some unbelievably calm and coolly taken penalties.

Gerard Pique looked like he was hanging out of his ass when he stepped up, genuinely thought he'd miss but what a penalty it was.

Same story for Ramos, thought he'd sky it, but it was a great hit.

Spain Vs Brazil final, I hope it's entertaining.

So that was some penalty shoot out last night. Some unbelievably calm and coolly taken penalties.

Gerard Pique looked like he was hanging out of his ass when he stepped up, genuinely thought he'd miss but what a penalty it was.

Same story for Ramos, thought he'd sky it, but it was a great hit.

Spain Vs Brazil final, I hope it's entertaining.

That's quite a picture you've painted, of Pique hanging out of his own arse....

anywho, Spain vs Brazil will be quite good i think. I hope Brazil get an early goal so Spain play like they did in the last 30 mins of the semi-final.

Yeah that was a hell of a shootout last night could have really gone either way

@RedShell must have been in bits during it.