NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Even as a United fan, that "shirt video" pisses me off. It's sad for me to see Pique acting this way, I thought he was better than that. It's a dickish thing to do and it put Cesc in a really awkward position.

What I think @Ramar is also referring to is the fact that Reina is taking on the role of host in that video, celebrating, when in fact he had done virtually nothing to win those trophies.

It reminds me the exact opposite of Romelu Lukaku who was on that Chelsea bus after they won the Champions League. He told the team to get the trophy out of his face and didn't celebrate, as it wasn't "his trophy". I respect that a lot.

Were you not talking about Fabregas?

I was talking about Reina putting the shirt on Fabregas and how Reina showed Arsenal a lack of respect.

Reina did nothing wrong, as i pointed out in my other post, it was all Pique and Puyol.

@dazzybee

If the Bale deal goes through... (and imagining it would all be paid upfront) who would you buy?

And anyone else who cares to chip in..

@dazzybee

If the Bale deal goes through... (and imagining it would all be paid upfront) who would you buy?

You're naive if you think Real Madrid will pay £80m up front.

@dazzybee

Personally I'd prefer to get as many players from them as possible as clubs will be adding an extra 20% on to all fees from us.

I'd like Conrao (likely anyway), Modric (controversial :) ) and that marata plus 50m from real madrid.

Then I'd look at Lamela to replace Bale. Maybe see if we can sneak in at the last minute on Bernard (though I think it's pretty much done to porto) or even go mental and buy Hulk.

That's semi realistic I suppose.

Say if we don't get any players and just cash then: Baines, Eriksson, Lamella, Benteke/Remy/Lukaku

You're naive if you think Real Madrid will pay £80m up front.

Well obvious it won't. But 99% of deals aren't up front. We've just bought soldado - 12 up front, 6 each each for 3 years. But the fee is still 30million. We get 100 million, we'll have 100 to spend, but creating deals in the same manner as when the funds will come to us. Basic cashflow.

Levy being Levy this deal will get done with 5 minutes of the transfer window remaining you'll get something like £60 million plus Modric but won't have any time to spend the money.

We've just bought soldado

You have?

Roberto Soldado: Tottenham try to agree deal with Valencia for striker

Source

Actually the BBC are reporting that it is a done deal.

When me and Suarez were running around trying to nutmeg each other, I tried to persuade him to stay. He told me he wanted to go because we'd never win anything due to all the Coke Zero we were drinking instead of Coke..

It was a very enlightening dream :hehe:

Levy being Levy this deal will get done with 5 minutes of the transfer window remaining you'll get something like £60 million plus Modric but won't have any time to spend the money.

We've spent 50million already, this is a new levy :D

He finaly has a manager he trusts and I think we're going to absolutely go for it this year. With Man U Chelsea and City all having new managers (Man U hilariously so) then i think its going to be surprisingly open. Chelsea will probably walk it, but I think Man U are really going to struggle this year.

And I think Bale is going to stay and sign a new contract!

You have?

Roberto Soldado: Tottenham try to agree deal with Valencia for striker

Source

Yeah. We have ;)

be interesting to see who does better, Soldado for Spurs or Higuain for Arsenal... oh... hang on...

The wort part of all this is that I just put Bale into my fantasy football team.

You'll be fine, he'll still be a yiddo come september

@dazzybee my own opinion on Bale (and Suarez for that matter) is that contract aside, he is now an elite player and simply has to be in the Champions League. Tottenham are not in it this season and certainly can't offer any guarantees they will be next season either.

From a neutral standpoint the prospect of Bale & Ronaldo bombing down the wings for Real is exciting beyond words.

@dazzybee my own opinion on Bale (and Suarez for that matter) is that contract aside, he is now an elite player and simply has to be in the Champions League. Tottenham are not in it this season and certainly can't offer any guarantees they will be next season either.

From a neutral standpoint the prospect of Bale & Ronaldo bombing down the wings for Real is exciting beyond words.

Firs thing - BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

In all seriousness though. Two things; do you not want the best players playing in our league? Isn't that more exciting? And also do you not want to increase competition or do you just want the same teams over and over again buying the best players and winning everything?!?!

I thought people would like Bale to say at Spurs to see him play every week in England, to see Spurs continue to challenge the richer and more successful clubs for variety and drama, and also to see clubs telling these absolute cunts who think they can say whatever they want in the media and get whoever the want by acting like twats, to FUCK OFF!!!

BT Sport is free to everyone for today.

Worth watching Bayern Munich v Man City at 7:30 on BT Sport 1 tonight.

Freeview folks will need to rescan so that it appears properly on channel 57 not 58

Freeview folks will need to rescan so that it appears properly on channel 57 not 58

Done. Cheers, braaaah.

Too bad it's the scum against Pep's already-made team.

I still think Spurs will be a dangerous team, with or without Bale. If they were to sign a good striker, (which they are on the verge of) they'd be in with a real chance of 4th.

I think we can definitely finish above Arsenal this season, and we can push Spurs. It's gonna be really close between those 3 for 4th imo.

1st - Chelski

2nd - City

3rd - United

4th - Spurs/Gooners/Liverpool

That's my current guess. :p

Most ridiculous signing of the season goes to...

Donny Rovers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23536425

Technically they didn't sign him, he's on a non-contract deal. :p

We've signed him, signed him hours ago.

I'm pretty confident Spurs can finish top 3 (ahead of United), though depends on how good bad the rest of the window is. I think Liverpool are still a fair a way to be honest, especially if they lose Suarez. Arsenal.. they don't look to be strengthening to that's a worry for them (glorious for me).

Chelsea

Man City

Spurs

Arsenal

Man U

Liverpool

In fairness, people have been writing off Man United for years and they always seem to be right up there.. will it really be different now? ::shrug:

In fairness, people have been writing off Man United for years and they always seem to be right up there.. will it really be different now? ::shrug:

Oh no, Cantona has gone. United are ruined.

Oh no, Schmeichel has gone. United are doomed.

Oh no, Ronaldo has gone, it's over now!

Oh no, Yorke and Cole are going, that's it.

Oh no, no more Bryan Robson!

Shit, Roy Keane has gone...

Oh no, where will they score goals without Ruud?

Bugger, no more Jaap Stam?

Crumbs, you'll never win anything with kids!

Neville has gone, who will play right back now?

Oh no, how will they psych the players up without Sir Alex?

Loads more where that came from. :p

We'll still be up there. We may not get it together straight away, but Moyes isn't exactly a joke manager. I'd just also like to point out to Dazzy that the "hilarious" David Moyes only finished one spot behind his beloved Spurs last season in what was mostly an average season for them. And that's without having Jelavic playing on form for most of it.

Spurs will do the same thing they've done for the last few seasons. They'll optimistically stay within the top 4 for most of the season, and they'll run out of steam/bottle it and Arsenal will overtake them. Arsenal will finish 4th and then it's Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City in any order for the top 3.

The only thing irritating me at the moment is the lack of signings, but the flipside is that I'm also happy to see Moyes using youngsters like Januzaj and Lingard in pre-season. We also need to use Kagawa effectively which we didn't last season. Get the midfield right and tighten that defence, and I'll be happy.

We've triggered the release clause for Diego Costa from Atletico.

Apparently he's a nutcase, just what we need. :D