NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

I have to lol at these prices for Rooney. If an out-of-form Torres was apparently worth 50 million at that time, how can Rooney be worth just half that? He's still only 27...Anything less than 35 is a scandal. Even then, I'd be reluctant to let him leave. He can play in more positions than Torres and is generally the better player.

But dude don't forget Torres was an exceptional defender for Chelsea during Rafa's interim position :laughing:

I have to lol at these prices for Rooney. If an out-of-form Torres was apparently worth 50 million at that time, how can Rooney be worth just half that? He's still only 27...Anything less than 35 is a scandal. Even then, I'd be reluctant to let him leave. He can play in more positions than Torres and is generally the better player.

As for Suarez: Only now Liverpool fans understand the kind of prick that he is. He is everything that is wrong with the game. He cheats, he is unsportsmanlike, generally a bad person and now he is forcing a move out of a club in an unsavoury way.

That's a fair assessment. I'd probably say that both of them are worth around £30-35m. I would probably put Bale in the same bracket of talent, but it all comes down to supply and demand - who wants to buy the player, how much money they have and how much they want the player.

Example - Chelsea really wanted Torres and had lots of money. The lack of time available in January meant they had no time to negotiate his price down, so had to pay over his worth, so offered money Liverpool could not turn down. This then had a knock on effect - everyone knew Liverpool had money and were now in desperate need for a striker, which meant the value of Carroll was overinflated because Liverpool needed him. No way did his talent justify £35m, but he went for that much because of the demand. Newcastle were definitely the winners of this transfer saga!

Suárez is absolutely worth 50m, Cavani went for £55m and he's better than him.

I just want rid of him, he complained about the British press victimising him, and then he goes to them when he feels like spouting shite about the club that has backed him through everything that he has brought on to himself.

If there was a gentlemans agreement in place like he claims there was, why would he "very happily" sign a new contract?

He's ruined it for me, there's no way i can forgive him now. If he stays, unlikely to happen, I'll want him to do well for my team, but i won't defend him like a twat again.

I hope a foreign team comes in with a reasonable offer and we take it and reinvest in some new talent.

Also, it baffles me why he is interested in Arsenal. Players these days just want to play in the champions league, rather than actually win trophies. It's sad.

Edited by MadDog

Except Cavani is probably worth half that. When the oil comes calling, get the bucket.

But dude don't forget Torres was an exceptional defender for Chelsea during Rafa's interim position :laughing:

In fairness to Torres, he has a hard job. How can we expect him to score goals when there is a keeper in the way? :laughing:

That's a fair assessment. I'd probably say that both of them are worth around £30-35m. I would probably put Bale in the same bracket of talent, but it all comes down to supply and demand - who wants to buy the player, how much money they have and how much they want the player.

Example - Chelsea really wanted Torres and had lots of money. The lack of time available in January meant they had no time to negotiate his price down, so had to pay over his worth, so offered money Liverpool could not turn down. This then had a knock on effect - everyone knew Liverpool had money and were now in desperate need for a striker, which meant the value of Carroll was overinflated because Liverpool needed him. No way did his talent justify £35m, but he went for that much because of the demand. Newcastle were definitely the winners of this transfer saga!

Yeah, I agree with you on all counts. It was definitely a panic buy on Chelsea's account, too. Liverpool came out of that saga in an odd position, trying to claim that they "only" paid £15million for Carroll because £50million for Torres minus £35million for Carroll is £15million. Aaahhhhahahah.

I know it does knock down the value of a player when the player himself says that he wants to leave. Considering that, I still can't understand why Liverpool would reject an offer in the £40million region for Suarez. He's explicitly said he wants to leave, he's received 2 lengthy bans, he has brought negativity and shame to the club and he's trouble. I'd say 40million for him was a good deal.

I just want rid of him, he complained about the British press victimising him, and then he goes to them when he feels like spouting shite about the club that has backed him through everything that he has brought on to himself.

If there was a gentlemans agreement in place like he claims there was, why would he "very happily" sign a new contract?

He's ruined it for me, there's no way i can forgive him now. If he stays, unlikely to happen, I'll want him to do well for my team, but i won't defend him like a twat again.

I hope a foreign team comes in with a reasonable offer and we take it and reinvest in some new talent.

Also, it baffles me why he is interested in Arsenal. Players these days just want to play in the champions league, rather than actually win trophies. It's sad.

I'm shocked that Arsenal want him, tbh. I would have thought that this type of player would have been last on Arsene Wenger's list. I can only suggest that Arsenal were putting in a few bids to disrupt things and were hoping that Real would come in for an offer. It makes them look good, because they can then say, "oh, we're making big bids on big players."

Muppetry Update - United now considering a joint bid for Baines & Fellani. A collective shout of "No Shit" can be heard, Was always going to be the case that United would put bids in for these 2, Don't know why we were beating round the bush about it and pretending we weren't that interested in them.

Will clearly be the 2 signings we make with maybe another youngster for the future.

job done, transfers over, Fellani to get red card on debut.

Muppetry Update - United now considering a joint bid for Baines & Fellani. A collective shout of "No Shit" can be heard, Was always going to be the case that United would put bids in for these 2, Don't know why we were beating round the bush about it and pretending we weren't that interested in them.

Will clearly be the 2 signings we make with maybe another youngster for the future.

job done, transfers over, Fellani to get red card on debut.

I'd be pissed if we went for that. :p

Fellaini would be a good signing. I can see that he would add aerial and physical presence to that midfield. I'm not sure if he's the answer, but it's a start.

Baines: No. We already have Evra, Buttner and Fabio. We don't suddenly need 4 left backs. If anything, we need a right back as cover for Rafael.

We basically need at least 1 new midfielder and at least one new defender. Ideally we'd have one new centre back to challenge for the first team, one right back as cover/challenge for Rafael and possibly two new central midfielders.

I'd be pissed if we went for that. :p

Fellaini would be a good signing. I can see that he would add aerial and physical presence to that midfield. I'm not sure if he's the answer, but it's a start.

Baines: No. We already have Evra, Buttner and Fabio. We don't suddenly need 4 left backs. If anything, we need a right back as cover for Rafael.

We basically need at least 1 new midfielder and at least one new defender. Ideally we'd have one new centre back to challenge for the first team, one right back as cover/challenge for Rafael and possibly two new central midfielders.

Yeah Fellaini would be alright, but love the smoke and mirrors routine of pursuing other targets all summer, when deep down we all knew it'd be Fellaini that joins us.

The RB situation is a little scary agreed, Jones can cover reasonably well, but would be ideal to have a legit RB competing with Rafael to get the best out of them both.

Zaha for our player of the season. I can feel it.

Yeah Fellaini would be alright, but love the smoke and mirrors routine of pursuing other targets all summer, when deep down we all knew it'd be Fellaini that joins us.

The RB situation is a little scary agreed, Jones can cover reasonably well, but would be ideal to have a legit RB competing with Rafael to get the best out of them both.

Zaha for our player of the season. I can feel it.

I would piss blood if Everton knock us back on the Fellaini offer and we end up with nothing new in midfield this season. I can see this happening. :woops:

Right back/defence in general scares the shit out of me. We've been terrible defensively in pre-season. Our best defender last season is Rafael and he has no cover. Smalling, Jones and Valencia have played in his position, but they are all centre-backs or right wingers. We need a proper right back. We haven't learned that we play better when the right players play in their proper positions. There's a difference between when Gary Neville played right back and when John O'shea or Wes Brown played there.

I hope Kagawa actually gets to play some games next season, otherwise we are wasting his talent. He needs to play more. Anderson either needs to be first choice now or be shipped off. Same for Nani. No idea what's happening with Young.

I would piss blood if Everton knock us back on the Fellaini offer and we end up with nothing new in midfield this season. I can see this happening. :woops:

Right back/defence in general scares the shit out of me. We've been terrible defensively in pre-season. Our best defender last season is Rafael and he has no cover. Smalling, Jones and Valencia have played in his position, but they are all centre-backs or right wingers. We need a proper right back. We haven't learned that we play better when the right players play in their proper positions. There's a difference between when Gary Neville played right back and when John O'shea or Wes Brown played there.

I hope Kagawa actually gets to play some games next season, otherwise we are wasting his talent. He needs to play more. Anderson either needs to be first choice now or be shipped off. Same for Nani. No idea what's happening with Young.

Think Moyes has taken a U-Turn on Nani, I expect we'll see him feature alot this season, I just hope we get all that potential out of him. Anderson... gotta give him an A for effort, but he's just been pretty unlucky with injuries. He's pretty confident player on the ball, and has some great bursts forward.

Agreed Kagawa really needs some game time too. Would like to see more of Hernandez too this season. Rooney departure would be a blessing in disguise for half the United squad in terms of game time they'll acquire.

Will be interesting to see the starting 11 against Wigan.

Should also mention been very impressed and happy with the youngsters that Moyes took on tour. Would be quite nice to see some of them feature in Carling Cup / Early FA Cup rounds. Chuck some of them on in the EPL if the games all but won.

Hoping that Celtic are planning on strengthening their squad. Qualified for the Play-Off stage of the Champions League last night and as a seeded team they should, in theory, have an easy-ish draw.

Sold Hooper for £5m, Wanyama for £12 and Kelvin Wilson for £2.5. All 3 were first team players last season so replacements are needed.

I'm loving all these Liverpool heroes from back in the day talking up the club like it's the greatest side in Europe. They're all questioning why he'd moved to Arsenal. We may not be the side we have been in years past but even our worst season (last year) is far better than the scouse have managed anytime recently, not to mention a least a few other reasons. Without Suarez last season, They'd have struggled to make the top 10, Gerrard is getting on and despite certain people thinking he's some sort of wizard at football management, Rodgers is still unproven at this level.

I can understand why Liverpool fans are pissed off with Suarez, if any fans of a club can understand that, it's Arsenal. God knows we've seen happen almost every summer lately. Once a player kicks off like Suarez, there's only ever going to be one out come. Wouldn't it make sense to ship off now and have time to bring in a replacement. Wouldn't want a repeat of the last minute nonsense with Carroll again.

I just don't see why Arsenal want Suarez. The guy is an absolute liability. That's a lot of money to spend on somebody who causes so much trouble, and there's no telling when he would decided that he suddenly wants out again.

If you hate being having your players linked to teams like Real Madrid every summer, you'll hate having Suarez in your team. If Arsenal finish third, he'll then decide that he wants to go somewhere to win the league. It's a total mismatch. Out of respect for Arsenal, I would hate to see this guy play for them.

I just don't see why Arsenal want Suarez. The guy is an absolute liability. That's a lot of money to spend on somebody who causes so much trouble, and there's no telling when he would decided that he suddenly wants out again.

If you hate being having your players linked to teams like Real Madrid every summer, you'll hate having Suarez in your team. If Arsenal finish third, he'll then decide that he wants to go somewhere to win the league. It's a total mismatch. Out of respect for Arsenal, I would hate to see this guy play for them.

I just want us to spend some money. You can't really be thinking too much about long term plans with players, it changes so quickly nowadays. If we could add Suarez and couple more, we'd certainly have a squad capable of challenging for the title.

I wouldn't choose to have him. I would have spent the money on someone else, like Higuain. We need a top class striker (on top of all the other positions that need strengthening/extra depth). No way will he be an Arsenal legend, and I hate his attitude. But if he comes and scores some goals, I won't complain. If he wants to leave, I'd let him leave and get someone else. Right now, it seems like it's going to be Suarez, or no-one.

I can understand why Liverpool fans are pissed off with Suarez, if any fans of a club can understand that, it's Arsenal. God knows we've seen happen almost every summer lately. Once a player kicks off like Suarez, there's only ever going to be one out come. Wouldn't it make sense to ship off now and have time to bring in a replacement. Wouldn't want a repeat of the last minute nonsense with Carroll again.

That's exactly why he shouldn't join Arsenal, you losing a key player is an annual thing. If he's as ambitious as he says, then he wouldn't join Arsenal.

If you look only at the bans, yes, but when he's playing, he's a sublime footballer. He never gets injured, and he's very consistent.

Arsenal would be very lucky to have a player of his quality playing for them, regardless of his behaviour.

That's exactly why he shouldn't join Arsenal, you losing a key player is an annual thing. If he's as ambitious as he says, then he wouldn't join Arsenal.

If you look only at the bans, yes, but when he's playing, he's a sublime footballer. He never gets injured, and he's very consistent.

Arsenal would be very lucky to have a player of his quality playing for them, regardless of his behaviour.

Why would he not join a bigger club? no one else is interested in him. I don't care if he uses us as a stepping stone. To move on from us he'd have to be playing well and I'd most certainly take that.

He's never played for a club on the scale of Arsenal. Arsenal won't suck forever, we'll turn it around eventually, hopefully sooner rather then later. I can See Suarez being a part of that.

Why would he not join a bigger club? no one else is interested in him. I don't care if he uses us as a stepping stone. To move on from us he'd have to be playing well and I'd most certainly take that.

He's never played for a club on the scale of Arsenal. Arsenal won't suck forever, we'll turn it around eventually, hopefully sooner rather then later. I can See Suarez being a part of that.

Liverpool aren't on the same scale as a club as Arsenal? Talking out your arse there. You haven't won anything in 8 years, that's remarkable for such a big club.

I disagree. You have to look at the bans because you have to prepare yourself for the fact that he might potentially get another one, rendering him unable to play in the league or Europe at some point in the season. It's the same with players who play in the African Cup of Nations, they'll be unable for club competition at some point, and that does need to be taken into account when looking at signings.

Also, he attracts controversy wherever he goes. It's a negative image that the club doesn't need. Nobody is doubting his obvious footballing talent, but there are too many other things that need to be looked at, too. £40million is far too much to waste on such a liability. Look at the way he's currently acting and how pissed Rodgers is at him.

Liverpool aren't on the same scale as a club as Arsenal? Talking out your arse there. You haven't won anything in 8 years, that's remarkable for such a big club.

Here we go five times yadda yadda..

Here we go five times yadda yadda..

It's funny, because the last time we won a european cup was about the same time you won the last thing for 8+ years. :p

Seriously?

Go back over the years, look at your league position in comparison. Look at the European competition you're playing in, or not playing in.

Always quick to mention the trophies, yes we haven't won anything in a long time, we're still a class above you on a bad day.

Liverpool haven't been a decent side since Robbie Fowler sniffed the line :heh:

Edited by Jon

It's funny, because the last time we won a european cup was about the same time you won the last thing for 8+ years. :p

Recount the memories you have of winning the league?

Seriously?

Go back over the years, look at your league position in comparison. Look at the European competition you're playing in, or not playing in.

Always quick to mention the trophies, yes we haven't won anything in a long time, we're still a class above you on a bad day.

Liverpool haven't been a decent side since Robbie Fowler sniffed the line :heh:

I know 100% Arsenal have been a better team for 3-4 years now, as the table will show.

Despite our poor finishes the past few seasons, we are still a huge club. Just the other week we played in front of 95,000 in Melbourne, we're a massive club supported all over the world.