NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

No idea if this has been posted yet as I rarely venture into here, so I apologise if it has.

My brother lives in the US and says this has been doing the rounds on TV.

:bowdown:

Football Football Football. Bristol City involved in a 9 goal thriller yesterday.

3-0 Down at half time to Coventry, Pulled it back to 3-3 by the 75th minute. Concede a goal a minute later to be 4-3 down. Equalize in the 85th minute. Then 86th Concede again and lose the game 5-4. Couldn't handle the feels during that game, Nuts.

However, Moyes competitive era off to a win, 100% trophy success under Moyes so far.

Who says I support Liverpool?

You're a cock?

(I KID)

You're not one of these twats who sits on the fence supporting no one but taking the piss out of every club when they're not doing well ARE YOU?

No idea if this has been posted yet as I rarely venture into here, so I apologise if it has.

Suits some of the managerial appointments that lot have had down the years.

Who says I support Liverpool?

I swear you basically confirmed this at one point with YNWA in one of your posts.

:laughing:

Amazing. That's a really good find.

I swear you basically confirmed this at one point with YNWA in one of your posts.

Maybe he just meant it in an existential way. I mean, do any of us ever really walk alone?

Predictions for the game on Wednesday guys?

4-0 England.

Hopefully it's a decent game and doesn't descend into some sort of UFC bout.

tumblr_m8deobFQX11qi2dozo1_1280.png

No but seriously, it'll probably a very boring game :blank:

SO AWESOME!

With him mentioning "Is there a 3rd kind of Football?" at the end I want to see them do a version on Gaelic Football :D

In going to the England under 21s v Scotland U21s at Bramall Lane. Really looking forward to it!

Maybe he just meant it in an existential way. I mean, do any of us ever really walk alone?

:laughing:

1171414112.gif

I reckon it'll be 3-0 to England.

In going to the England under 21s v Scotland U21s at Bramall Lane. Really looking forward to it!

I went to Bramall Lane a few years back to watch England u21 against serbia I think it was, cracking atmosphere nice to see international football around the country!

Literally not bothered about international football. Who arranged a pointless friendly 3 days before the start of the Premier League season.

Literally not bothered about international football. Who arranged a pointless friendly 3 days before the start of the Premier League season.

You could argue that it helps get the players back up to match fitness. Although, the timing is pretty shit, I admit. Why couldn't this have been done a week earlier?

I'm going to save this quote and bring it out next time you're complaining about the England team. ;)

I dislike how you feel that you have to choose between the national team and your club team. It's sad how so many people seem to be falling out of love with international football, in the UK anyway. International football used to be this wonderful thing, it would be nice if we could get back to those feeells.

I'm going to save this quote and bring it out next time you're complaining about the England team. ;)

Go for it. I get involved in discussion but the only time I find myself getting slightly interested is during a tournament.

You could argue that it helps get the players back up to match fitness. Although, the timing is pretty shit, I admit. Why couldn't this have been done a week earlier?

I think their pre-season programmes are enough for their fitness. If we lose a player to injury, I'll be livid.

Why didn't they play this game at the end of last season? (Can't remember if their was an international break then or not come to think of it..)

I think their pre-season programmes are enough for their fitness. If we lose a player to injury, I'll be livid.

Why didn't they play this game at the end of last season? (Can't remember if their was an international break then or not come to think of it..)

I would imagine that they don't do it during the summer so that the players can get a break and go off with their teams for pre-season/travelling, etc. As it's so close to the start of the season, most teams have finished the majority of their pre-seasons "stuff" so will be getting ready for that first game. I can see the sense, but it should have been a week earlier, imo.

I'm firmly against these pointless friendless days before the season starts, especially factoring in who is playing. There's a very decent chance it'll be a 'tasty' game, with some tackles flying in. I'll be amazed if the stretcher isn't in operation at least once.

I'm firmly against these pointless friendless days before the season starts, especially factoring in who is playing. There's a very decent chance it'll be a 'tasty' game, with some tackles flying in. I'll be amazed if the stretcher isn't in operation at least once.

Not that I'm advocating the date of the fixture but it could be said that the season is starting days after a FIFA chosen worldwide interntional fixture date rather than the other way around. The Premier League didn't have to start this weekend. Other leagues started a few weeks ago and others don't start for a few weeks.

Not that I'm advocating the date of the fixture but it could be said that the season is starting days after a FIFA chosen worldwide interntional fixture date rather than the other way around. The Premier League didn't have to start this weekend. Other leagues started a few weeks ago and others don't start for a few weeks.

But nobody cares about friendlies, everyone loves the Premier League.

And it always starts pretty much the same time every year.

It's not just the Premier League. The majority of leagues in Europe are in their infancy and these dates are fairly new thing. It's just a blatant attempt at making money.

But nobody cares about friendlies, everyone loves the Premier League.

And it always starts pretty much the same time every year.

That wasn't the point though. The point is that the date is chosen by FIFA and is for every country in the world, every country/league can choose their own start date. It just so happens that a number of European leagues start this weekend, if it was such a big deal they would either change. They could also choose not to play a friendly.

Just come back from watching England U21 v Scotland U21 at Bramall Lane.

England absolutely punished Scotland! 6-0!! Ive never seen owt like it!! Scotland was basically embarrassing and it came to a point whereby I actually wanted the game to end for them.

Also 27k attendance. Not bad for a U21 friendly.