N-Europe

Super Mario 3D World (Nov 29th)

Grazza

Something I was just wondering... Can you use the gamepad + Wii remotes in multiplayer or do all players have to use wii remotes ala New Super Mario Bros? Tapping on the touch screen to make blocks doesn't count as playing IMO

You can use the GamePad, Wii Remote, Wii Remote + Nunchuck, Classic Controller Pro (reports of the standard Classic Controller not working...not sure why that'd be though), and the Pro Controller :)

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reviews are starting to roll in...

GNkOgxp.png

Get the impression the cons were really scraping the barrel...:idea:

definitely!

Multiplayer adds nothing? so it doesn't detract either then, ergo its not a negative its a neutral extra

Bowser the main bad guy is still the main bad guy? good lord you could make that sort of complaint about most series

so its a 10/10 then

I think all scores everywhere should be scrapped, but accepting the reality that most places use them, I've never bought into this idea that whatever the reviewer has come up with to put in the pithy 'cons' section has a direct subtractive effect on the score. People just don't come up with scores that way.

Just read the text anyway.

They lopped off 1 star in a five star system for those negatives? Are they actually serious?

I'm ashamed to be a journalist when I see stuff like that

There is more to a review than just that one screen, there could be other things that added to the negatives but didn't want to list all the niggles in the con.

And you're not a journalist.

There is more to a review than just that one screen, there could be other things that added to the negatives but didn't want to list all the niggles in the con.

And you're not a journalist.

Aside from the site, who has been published near monthly for the last 3 years?

Oh right..that's me :p Sorry bud, but I am :)

I think all scores everywhere should be scrapped, but accepting the reality that most places use them, I've never bought into this idea that whatever the reviewer has come up with to put in the pithy 'cons' section has a direct subtractive effect on the score. People just don't come up with scores that way.

Just read the text anyway.

Agreed. I like Kotaku's way of doing it. Concise review and ends with a "Yes" or a "No".

I've fell many tress, doesn't make me a tree surgeon.

Ok, what makes a journalist?

A person who hunts down news to report it. Yep, I do that.

A person who writes articles about subjects. Yep, I do that.

A person who is published in print articles, and/or viareputable websites. Yep, done both of that.

A person who has been paid for the above by an outside source. Yep, I have been.

In what way am I not a journalist? Why do you seem at odds with me for saying so? We're not in competition and we have known eachother for over a decade. Please explain as I do not understand.

Bullshit..

It comes with having a beard. I don't want to fell trees, it just happens!

Ok, what makes a journalist?

A person who hunts down news to report it. Yep, I do that.

A person who writes articles about subjects. Yep, I do that.

A person who is published in print articles, and/or viareputable websites. Yep, done both of that.

A person who has been paid for the above by an outside source. Yep, I have been.

In what way am I not a journalist? Why do you seem at odds with me for saying so? We're not in competition and we have known eachother for over a decade. Please explain as I do not understand.

You realise I'm winding you up right? A bit of the old rhythmic back and forth that keeps people tuning in every season?

And I'm a heartless bastard who hates that these reviews are so high as it might encourage Nintendo to make another one instead of a fully fledged 3D Mario collectathon.

Other than the lack of gravity mechanics and added multiplayer, what makes Mario Galaxy 2 suddenly better?

Destructoid - 10/10

Metro - 9/10 - http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/19/super-mario-3d-world-review-the-cats-meow-4193103/

Joystiq - 5/5

Games tm - 9/10 - http://www.gamestm.co.uk/reviews/super-mario-3d-world/

Digital Spy - 5/5 - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/review/a532119/super-mario-3d-world-review-wii-u-platforming-perfection.html

Maybe my PS4 wont get played next Friday.....

Edited by bryanee

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!