NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Didn't think the league would start so soon... Well that gives me a week to get 3 stars in every cup :D

I really hope if you go straight into 150cc it auto completes the lower cc's. I know they won't but surely I'm not the only one who finds it utterly dull and pointless

I really hope if you go straight into 150cc it auto completes the lower cc's. I know they won't but surely I'm not the only one who finds it utterly dull and pointless

I agree, completely pointless. I would be happy to see the classes go and replaced with even more new tracks!

Didn't think the league would start so soon... Well that gives me a week to get 3 stars in every cup :D

I was going to start it in late June but then by doing that we would lose a whole month.

Its Players Choice for the first two months so nobody will need to unluck a specific character or vehicle parts.

I may actually be available on Thursday nights going forward so the league may obtain a new whipping boy..

The more fresh meat the better...only those that are crap are welcome.

I refuse to finish last.

Beaware of that cheating southerner @Clownferret though. He will just not play anymore if he is at the bottom of the league!

Two special Nintendo UK Official Store bundles for £299.99

10947202-1398335114-237308.jpg10947203-1398335127-254944.jpg

A Mario pack and a Luigi pack. Special Wii Wheel, Wii Remote Plus, GamePad case, Mario/Luigi hat and strategy guide with the Mario Kart 8 bundle

£200. £200. £200.

No. It's the same price as normal: £249.99/€299.99 RRP.

Hmm. Official bundle isn't too bad. Don't think I would use the Gamepad cover or Wheel though.

No. It's the same price as normal: £249.99/€299.99 RRP.

What a shame.

What a shame.

If they dropped the price to £199.99 they would be killing themselves to do so. They need to be able to make some money off this thing...

If they dropped the price to £199.99 they would be killing themselves to do so. They need to be able to make some money off this thing...

Which they aren't doing, I might add.

People seem to think that the endgoal of consoles is to get units out there. Well, yes, that is the main goal, but not at the cost of the entire company.

Microsoft is still $6bn in the red cumulatively because of that. Sony lost the entire warchest they made from the PS1 & PS2 doing that. Why people want Nintendo to, I have no idea.

Hell, people keep suggesting putting it at a price lower than PS3 & 360 are new. It's ridiculous.

I don't think people will bite at £250 for this pack. Might if retailers chuck in an extra game to sweeten the deal. Hopefully that'll be the case.

Hell, people keep suggesting putting it at a price lower than PS3 & 360 are new. It's ridiculous.

Nintendo should be giving Wii Us away, right?

Two special Nintendo UK Official Store bundles for £299.99

10947202-1398335114-237308.jpg10947203-1398335127-254944.jpg

These are horrendously priced!

£50 for a Wiimote, Wheel (which came free with MK Wii), soft hat, sticker and book!!? You're saving no money at all.

These should be the £249.99 bundle.

Nintendo should be giving Wii Us away, right?

Na, that's still too much according to people on GAF

I don't get how reducing the price of the Wii U by 50 quid will sink the company when we have been informed that the company has reserves to see forward at least another two console failures.

Surely they are better sold than not being sold? Get the units in people's homes!

200 quid is a price that could tempt people into buying!

These are horrendously priced!

£50 for a Wiimote, Wheel (which came free with MK Wii), soft hat, sticker and book!!? You're saving no money at all.

These should be the £249.99 bundle.

The Wii U doesn't normally come with a Wii Remote so that's £40 (RRP) saved already. Add on the wheel, hat, decals, Guide etc and you're saving a fair bit there (obviously that's dependant on whether that extra stuff means anything to you though...)

I don't get how reducing the price of the Wii U by 50 quid will sink the company when we have been informed that the company has reserves to see forward at least another two console failures.

Surely they are better sold than not being sold? Get the units in people's homes!

200 quid is a price that could tempt people into buying!

If they dropped the price by £50, they would be losing £50 million for every million consoles that they sell on top the money that they're already losing on each system as it is! (Not to mention that they also lose out on potential retail sales of MK8 too, so that's another £50 million worth of potential revenue gone...)

It's just too much for them to throw away. Sony and MS lost billions on doing this sort of thing but they had other revenue streams to fall back on when this happened. Nintendo however has nothing else other than games... (Well, at least until they start with their QOL products at least...)

They obviously need to increase the Wii U userbase, but not at that high a cost! They need to be able to make money off the console!

Edited by Dcubed

I think that's the thing, some people would just want a standard Wii U + MK8 and not all the bumpf. But I suppose retailers will be doing that anyway, even if its not in a fancy limited edition pack-in box.

Which they aren't doing, I might add.

People seem to think that the endgoal of consoles is to get units out there. Well, yes, that is the main goal, but not at the cost of the entire company.

Microsoft is still $6bn in the red cumulatively because of that. Sony lost the entire warchest they made from the PS1 & PS2 doing that. Why people want Nintendo to, I have no idea.

Well amazon are selling it for £220, so it looks like Nintendo is reacting to the fact that people think the console is overpriced and not biting by selling it to retailers for a bit less.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E4LGGY0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B00E4LGGY0&linkCode=as2&tag=prog-21

Also, Microsoft is only in that much debt because they sold the OG Xbox for $150-200 less than it cost to make. Nintendo were selling the Wii U to retailers for around £200 at launch (although that has likely dropped hugely now), so any price drop would simply mean they would make a small loss (aka, Gamecube) and make it back up on software, which is basically how Nintendo run their business model. Software, software, software.

Edited by Goron_3