NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

The Wii U doesn't normally come with a Wii Remote so that's £40 (RRP) saved already. Add on the wheel, hat, decals, Guide etc and you're saving a fair bit there (obviously that's dependant on whether that extra stuff means anything to you though...)
You're paying for it, not saving £40. The Mario Kart bundle is £249.99, the Mario Kart Wiimote etc... bundle is £299.99.

Also Wiimotes are £35 on Amazon.

Can't sell software if nobody has the hardware. People will only buy the hardware once, but they'll keep coming back for more software.

You're paying for it, not saving £40. The Mario Kart bundle is £249.99, the Mario Kart Wiimote etc... bundle is £299.99.

Wii Remotes are £35. Strategy guides are £15. That's the £50 there. Then add the Wii Wheel, let's say £5. The hat, let's say £5. The Hori case, let's say £5. That's still a £15 saving

Wii Remotes are £35. Strategy guides are £15. That's the £50 there. Then add the Wii Wheel, let's say £5. The hat, let's say £5. The Hori case, let's say £5. That's still a £15 saving

A 5% saving when you spend £300.

Do it Retro.

Hey I never said it was good value, I'm just noting how you're saving off the typical RRP.

The official Nintendo UK store is never gonna be price competitive with the likes of Amazon because they sell everything at RRP (which is what you would expect, naturally. A manufacturer is not going to undercut their own RRP after all - that's the whole point of having an RRP in the first place!)

Buying directly from any manufacturer is always more expensive than buying from a middleman in any business...

Oh please, this is a bundle, it's supposed to be tempting. Who in their right mind pays £15 for a strategy guide for Mario Kart!... it might as well just show you a picture of the control scheme and send you on your way! The Wheel was previously free with Mario Kart Wii, the hat should be thrown in for free, and that case isn't worth £5 of anyones money.

Hey I never said it was good value, I'm just noting how you're saving off the typical RRP.

The official Nintendo UK store is never gonna be price competitive with the likes of Amazon because they sell everything at RRP (which is what you would expect, naturally. A manufacturer is not going to undercut their own RRP after all - that's the whole point of having an RRP in the first place!)

Buying directly from any manufacturer is always more expensive than buying from a middleman in any business...

Oh no I know buying from Nintendo is never going to be as good value, but they have a chance with this game to do something special for new consumers and currently they're missing every opportunity to do so!

People are complaining because this is supposed to be the messiah to come and rescue the Wii U. Have to agree it's overpriced and a few bits of hideous tat doesn't change any of that.

How much does it cost Nintendo to make the Wii remote? Sure they've added motionplus but it's the same shape and layout since 2002? Yet the price today is the same as back then.

It's no real great effort. Of course they'll slobber the gamepad in some cheap plastic cover. No chance of a real green or red console bundle when they've a factory full of launch consoles still to get rid of.

If they want to revive Wii U this bundle should be €200 and if they insist on that barf bundle, that should be €230 at most. Only thing missing is a Mart Kart themed party whistle. What a sight that would be to behold. Can you really picture someone in this garb reading the Prima guide wondering where are the keys?

The more fresh meat the better...only those that are crap are welcome.

I refuse to finish last.

Beaware of that cheating southerner @Clownferret though. He will just not play anymore if he is at the bottom of the league!

IT'S FRICKIN' ON!

I agree, completely pointless. I would be happy to see the classes go and replaced with even more new tracks!

I just view 50cc and 100cc as a chance to learn the tracks before you get into the serious stuff of 150cc.

IT'S FRICKIN' ON!

I just view 50cc and 100cc as a chance to learn the tracks before you get into the serious stuff of 150cc.

Learning the tracks didn't do much for ya last time did it!?

Wheeeyyy!

People are complaining because this is supposed to be the messiah to come and rescue the Wii U. Have to agree it's overpriced and a few bits of hideous tat doesn't change any of that.

How much does it cost Nintendo to make the Wii remote? Sure they've added motionplus but it's the same shape and layout since 2002? Yet the price today is the same as back then.

It's no real great effort. Of course they'll slobber the gamepad in some cheap plastic cover. No chance of a real green or red console bundle when they've a factory full of launch consoles still to get rid of.

If they want to revive Wii U this bundle should be €200 and if they insist on that barf bundle, that should be €230 at most. Only thing missing is a Mart Kart themed party whistle. What a sight that would be to behold. Can you really picture someone in this garb reading the Prima guide wondering where are the keys?

You're complaining about things in an optional bundle exclusive to the Nintendo online store and using it as a basis for the entire thing being iffy?

5 weeks to go, bitches!

Yeah, I think it would be a good idea to add some spice to the whole 50cc/100cc/150cc/Mirror mode setup. Racing through the same tracks over and over again is not exactly fun, especially if you've already beaten the hardest cup!

Btw, one thing that I miss from Mario Kart DS are the driving challenges. Wouldn't mind seeing them come back...

Mario Kart strategy guide :laughing:

But seriously, the regular bundle isn't too bad of a price. People who snapped up a Wii U for £200 definitely picked a good time to do so, as the price might rise over the coming months if Mario Kart 8 does well. Now it's just a waiting game to see if the average consumer thinks it's a good enough deal for them.

Also, it's back up to £250 now on Amazon.

I agree, completely pointless. I would be happy to see the classes go and replaced with even more new tracks!

Learning the tracks didn't do much for ya last time did it!?

Wheeeyyy!

Coming for ya, coming to getcha.

Anyone else get a message from ShopTo about choosing the T-Shirt size?

I'd rather decline the T-Shirt altogether, as I'm thinking it could potentially delay receiving the game. :hmm:

I'd rather decline the T-Shirt altogether, as I'm thinking it could potentially delay receiving the game. :hmm:

Yeah, I also had a choice of Age 12 or Medium since I'm a pretty thin guy. What the hell is Age 12 in terms of size? Had to go with medium. Guess I'll never wear it

Anyway, Nintendo has announced that they'll be promoting this game fully for a year.

Yeah, says it would ship with the game so just ordered it as normal.

original.jpg?w=600&h

Well... I'll be playing this with a JD and Coke whilst playing "Smack My B Up" by Prodigy - on day one, bro. #Trippy

Edited by King_V

original.jpg?w=600&h

Well... I'll be playing this with a JD and Coke whilst playing "Smack My B Up" by Prodigy - on day one, bro. #Trippy

What's the price on that? Should do a matching re-case of the console, and at least a Luigi version too.

What's the price on that? Should do a matching re-case of the console, and at least a Luigi version too.

£300. It's a retailer bundle, like when GAME bundle random accessories with a console. And there is a Luigi version.

All parts (except perhaps the hat) should be available separately.

Edited by Cube

Oh, no I wasn't lol(I was gonna go as far as to say a 4 piece off them mario/luigi/peach/yoshi wiimotes, but I thought that's too much fracture). Good call Nintendo! Except for that price. Console itself could def use a re-casing too. Sadly it's a nice product, but how many people are really likely to drop £300 on it? Just not worth it imo. I reckon it'll take a price cut within 3 months, and they're hoping to scalp the ones willing to pay for it. £250 maybe, £200-£250 is the price I'd say that's worth(pushing it).

Oh, no I wasn't lol(I was gonna go as far as to say a 4 piece off them mario/luigi/peach/yoshi wiimotes, but I thought that's too much fracture). Good call Nintendo! Except for that price. Console itself could def use a re-casing too. Sadly it's a nice product, but how many people are really likely to drop £300 on it? Just not worth it imo. I reckon it'll take a price cut within 3 months, and they're hoping to scalp the ones willing to pay for it. £250 maybe, £200-£250 is the price I'd say that's worth(pushing it).

The standard bundle with MK8 without all that is £250 :)