NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

HOLD IT!

Everyone needs to cancel their pre-orders

N64 Royal Raceway apparently doesn't have the part where you can drive to the castle.

The game is completely ruined.

I'd have strongly considered going digital for this if it was about a tenner/fifteen quid cheaper. £35 digital, and I'm there.

Me too. I really want digital (so I can just hop into a game without changing disc etc.) But digital is £50 and retail (Amazon) is £40. I'm not sure it's £0 worth of convenience!

Also why can't I pre-order a digital download (á la Steam i.e. pre install with the final download 'key' at midnight on the 30th) and still get the T-shirt and key ring...? I'd pay £50 for that!

HOLD IT!

Everyone needs to cancel their pre-orders

N64 Royal Raceway apparently doesn't have the part where you can drive to the castle.

The game is completely ruined.

When I watched the video of that particular track, the first thing I noticed was that there didn't seem to be a way in..

..and my heart was broken :blank:

I'd have strongly considered going digital for this if it was about a tenner/fifteen quid cheaper. £35 digital, and I'm there.

GAME will probably sell a download code for the same price as retail. I guess you might be able to use reward card points if you have any, plus you get some points for the Premium bonus service.

All this talk about 'terribly missed opportunities' has me thinking there will be some terribly missed opportunities :laughing:

The League cannot come soon enough, and with me finally having stable internet, I hope to be racing in the comfort of my own room :D

When I watched the video of that particular track, the first thing I noticed was that there didn't seem to be a way in..

..and my heart was broken :blank:

Exactly the same thing for me...:blank:

Man, I'm getting myself so hyped compiling the official thread. :laughing:

This game really is going to be something very special indeed. :)

The League cannot come soon enough, and with me finally having stable internet, I hope to be racing in the comfort of my own room :D
The league is gonna to be incredible this year I reckon. Not that it hasn't been before, but the antics/pro skills of N-E members combined with the sheer awesomeness of MK8... daaaaaaamn. ;)

Someone seen the eshop listing and where not all it details voice chat and communication, for this it's left blank... It's not going to have voice chat is it? The fact it won't have it for private friends matches is so bizarre...

I can't think of any Nintendo games with voice chat other than Pokemon... it's so weird how Nintendo builds microphones into their systems and never use them! I can understand not letting us chat with random players online but at least let us chat with friends.

I can't think of any Nintendo games with voice chat other than Pokemon... it's so weird how Nintendo builds microphones into their systems and never use them! I can understand not letting us chat with random players online but at least let us chat with friends.

Animal Crossing City Folk :p

No voice chat with friends is going to bloody suck. One of the main reasons I barely played MKwii online.

Can we PLEASE just get over the fact that this won't have voice-chat!?!

We had enough fun with all the other Mario Karts so why will this fact make it any different...?

Sure, it's 'behind the times' to not have the option, but let's not linger on this and just enjoy the game for what it is: A fucking B-E-A-UTIFUL Mario Kart!

We had enough fun with all the other Mario Karts so why will this fact make it any different...?

Sure, it's 'behind the times' to not have the option, but let's not linger on this and just enjoy the game for what it is: A fucking B-E-A-UTIFUL Mario Kart!

I can't get over it for the simple fact that I played MK Wii maybe only 10 times online simply because it didn't have voice chat. For me it's the biggest selling point of a game with online.

I didn't join the MK Leagues prior because there was no voice chat.

I simultaneously agree and disagree. Yes, we should keep talking about the rest of the game, because it's still going to be great.

Butttt...if you're going to include online features in a game, you have to go the full way. Would you rather we stuck with the Mario Kart DS system of finding friends online?

"I have one person."

"Great, what about the other 2?"

"I have two people."

"I have three..."

"Whut?"

All of this conducted over MSN.

If you're going to include online features, you need the experience to be comprehensive. You need lobbies and some way of communicating with the person on the other end of the line. If not...what really is the point? What's the point in lobbing a blue shell at someone halfway on the other side of the track if you can't hear them whine about it or you can't rub it in their faces? Try playing local multiplayer where you both wear ear plugs/have a no talking rule and there's a giant screen between yourself and the person you're playing with. You may as well just be racing highly advanced bots/AI then.

But I want to tell everyone that they're acting like a c-word when they use a blue shell. How else will they learn?!?

I want voice-chat in Mario Kart as much as the next guy, but what I was getting at is that it's probably not present in Mario Kart 8, so why keep posting how upset one is over this fact?

I don't see the point.

By all means, I'm not against expressing your anger over it, I'm just saying that I myself find it rather pointless.

I want voice-chat in Mario Kart as much as the next guy, but what I was getting at is that it's probably not present in Mario Kart 8, so why keep posting how upset one is over this fact?

I don't see the point.

By all means, I'm not against expressing your anger over it, I'm just saying that I myself find it rather pointless.

It is pointless, but it's also useful to see that there are plenty of others who are feeling the same way. If we're thinking about it here, then maybe there are folks over on other message boards who do, too. It's showing that Nintendo are upsetting a large portion of their audience by not including certain features.

Yeah, there's not a lot we can do about it now, I concede that. But, I can't help but express disappointment in this, as it does feel like a missed opportunity. It's the same with Nintendoland and the lack of online. Nice game, could've been great or even amazing. If Nintendo have skimped out on the voice chat for this, what else will be missing/not included? So far, they've shown us a very pretty looking game, but there needs to be more to it than that. Features? Substance? Modes?

I thought this was a forum to express ones opinion?

One of the reasons why Mario Kart is so fun with friends on a sofa is because of the fucking banter. I'd like to try an emulate that online with the people I know instead of sitting in silence wishing I could be having a laugh and talking about how awesome that last track was and how much of a twat my mate is for hitting me with a red shell at the last second

But Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

I can't get over it for the simple fact that I played MK Wii maybe only 10 times online simply because it didn't have voice chat. For me it's the biggest selling point of a game with online.

I didn't join the MK Leagues prior because there was no voice chat.

Pretty much this. I've always figured whats the point of playing with your mates online if you can't chat? I've had so many laughing fits with guys on here playing Monster Hunter and CoD and without the chat these wouldn't have happened.

Another point is that it actually brings communities together. I know I got to know others on here a lot better due to being able to actually talk to them rather than just posting on the forum.

It is pointless, but it's also useful to see that there are plenty of others who are feeling the same way. If we're thinking about it here, then maybe there are folks over on other message boards who do, too. It's showing that Nintendo are upsetting a large portion of their audience by not including certain features.

Yeah, this is an issue that is effecting a lot of people on various forums. Many are wondering what is going on with the online modes and why nothing has really been shown yet.

The latest NWR picked up on this and were saying that it is quite worrying that nothing has been said so far in regards to the online modes.

Either its gonna be something special or it's gonna be meh and they don't want to discuss it.

Or, in my case, just not bother with the game at all.

But I want to tell everyone that they're acting like a c-word when they use a blue shell. How else will they learn?!?

I want to be able to hear the crack as @Blade 's head smashes into his gamepad.

Edited by Clownferret

I really want voice chat in the game. For me it is a bit pointless playing online if I cant talk to my mates on it. I might as well play against the AI.

Voice chat is unlikely to be in the game so instead of crying about it and bitching I am just going to enjoy the game for what it is. :)

If people are so enraged about it then teach Nintendo a lesson and don't buy it. Simple really.

One day Nintendo will embrace online gaming...one day

I really want voice chat in the game. For me it is a bit pointless playing online if I cant talk to my mates on it. I might as well play against the AI.

Voice chat is unlikely to be in the game so instead of crying about it and bitching I am just going to enjoy the game for what it is. :)

If people are so enraged about it then teach Nintendo a lesson and don't buy it. Simple really.

One day Nintendo will embrace online gaming...one day

I still want the game, but features like that make it better.

Do we even know how many tracks are in the game? I take it it's 32? Looking forward to trying the new tracks out.

Bring it the fuck onnnn.

I still want the game, but features like that make it better.

Do we even know how many tracks are in the game? I take it it's 32? Looking forward to trying the new tracks out.

Bring it the fuck onnnn.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do free DLC of some more retro tracks down the line later this year