NEurope
Cube

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Presumably he thought he could have a a threesome with them.

And you are a chump, Flameboy. :p

Because @Fierce_LiNk kept pestering me about it and I currently had no other big game to play, I have finally started this game.

I have no idea yet what I am doing. :P

They're releasing a physical version which contains two gwent decks, seriously tempting!

Expansion? So this is the free DLC or... something else.

Expansion? So this is the free DLC or... something else.

No, they've done all the free DLC that will be released this is the first paid for new content.

No, they've done all the free DLC that will be released this is the first paid for new content.

Oh right, in that case I'll get right back into it after finishing Metal Gear V - I took a break from this as I had other games to play - the game should have had a few extra patches by now as well.

Will pick up the DLC when it's all released, or on day 1 if I finish the game by then.

Omg omg omg!!

Does this contain all of the cards for both of those sets/decks? Or is it just a sample? If it contains all of the cards for both of those decks, I'm so INNNN.

Hnnggggg, love me some Gwent.

DLC is day 1 anyway for me. Can't wait. I've had a shit day at work and this has made me feel better. Hnnnngg.

Im in Novigrad and just shagged Triss.

How far am I in the game? Ive spent over 60 hours playing so far.

Im in Novigrad and just shagged Triss.

How far am I in the game? Ive spent over 60 hours playing so far.

Have you been to Skellige yet?

You sidequesting?

Who have you sexed?

How much Gwent have you played?

They're releasing a physical version which contains two gwent decks, seriously tempting!

That sounds awesome, but it sucks I've already pre ordered the digital expansion.

That sounds awesome, but it sucks I've already pre ordered the digital expansion.

Think I saw a quote somewhere (Facebook maybe?) that the cards may be sold separately for those who buy the digital version.

Have you been to Skellige yet?

You sidequesting?

Who have you sexed?

How much Gwent have you played?

Nope not been to Skelliege yet. I was wanting to do a lot of the sidequests before I go there and also the main quests in novigrad. Ive been sidequesting a lot as I don't like to have anything not done. Ive done the majority given to me that I am able to do at my level (level 19).

I love Gwent and play it all the time. I play against every merchant/blacksmith/armourer/landlord I come across. Ive even played against some people twice as I can never remember who I have beaten to get a card.

Ive shagged Triss and Keira (?), the name escapes me. I plan to get as much action as possible.

Nope not been to Skelliege yet. I was wanting to do a lot of the sidequests before I go there and also the main quests in novigrad. Ive been sidequesting a lot as I don't like to have anything not done. Ive done the majority given to me that I am able to do at my level (level 19).

I love Gwent and play it all the time. I play against every merchant/blacksmith/armourer/landlord I come across. Ive even played against some people twice as I can never remember who I have beaten to get a card.

Ive shagged Triss and Keira (?), the name escapes me. I plan to get as much action as possible.

Be careful with that :heh:

You're about half way through the game, maybe not even that!

You've got a ton of mileage left in the game then since you've not even visited what is my personal favourite region. :heh:

Keira...hnnnggggg. My one true love in this game. My order is Keira, Yen, Triss. Team Keira crew 4 lyf.

I've just discovered that the soundtrack to this game is on Spotify. Brb, listening to all of the Gwent tunes on loop.

You've got a ton of mileage left in the game then since you've not even visited what is my personal favourite region. :heh:

Keira...hnnnggggg. My one true love in this game. My order is Keira, Yen, Triss. Team Keira crew 4 lyf.

I've just discovered that the soundtrack to this game is on Spotify. Brb, listening to all of the Gwent tunes on loop.

I've not seen much of Yen as of yet. Didn't you get the soundtrack for free with the game?

I've not seen much of Yen as of yet. Didn't you get the soundtrack for free with the game?

Yeah, but it's on a CD. That's....so 1998. It's all about Spotify now, blud.

Can't even remember the last time I bought a CD.

Yen is pretty hnnnnngg, too. Tbh, all of the women in this game are shag-worthy. Except for the Crones.

Put a lot of time in on this over the weekend and last couple of nights and now have a save file set up before the last point of no return so that I can go back and do side quests and another which I'll use to finish off the main quest.

The battle of Kaer Mohren was brilliant. Really liked that part and having the whole crew there to help fight against Eredin and the Red Riders was awesome. That ending to the battle though, with Vesemir dying, nearly got to me which is a testament to how great the game is and its story telling that the loss of a character that you don't really interact with that much outside of the beginning hit so hard.

Not overly fond of Avallac'h though and feel that they could have perhaps fleshed out his side story and given a bit more insight into his real intentions. The quest where you search his lab in Skellige didn't really give any answers, just more questions as to why he's helping Ciri when his personal feelings towards her seem to indicate that he doesn't like her. Maybe there'll be some last minute, end of game section that will reveal what he wants.

Getting to go to Tir Na Lia was cool though, and going through all of those portals and seeing the different worlds, especially the last one you're in with the White Frost having taken over and reading the diaries you can find in the houses in the snow. Again, would've liked to have seen more of Tir Na Lia as opposed to appearing right in the location of Ge'els.

And the battle with Imlerith was awesome. A little easier than I thought it would've been given he's one of Eredin's generals but fun nonetheless and his disbelief at Geralt's fighting style and beating him was brilliant.

It does feel a little like some of the late game story is being a bit rushed, like the Sorceresses of the Lodge stuff and Avallac'h but I can't complain too much when it's been as enamouring as it has been so far. Would love to see how the battle for Skellige between Nilfgaard and the clans plays out, especially with having made Cerys queen, her hopes of uniting the isles and Madman Lugos being dead now.

Really looking forward to putting in that last push to see the end of the main story and how everything plays out. Hasn't been since the Mass Effect series that I've been as captivated with a game as much as I have been with this. Would love to see remasters of the first 2 so that I can have a chance to play those but still have plenty of this one to go through even once the story is done (and must remember to go back and play some more Gwent as I haven't played as much of it as I should've as it didn't click at first but did later on).

Can't wait for the expansions as well. Getting to spend more time in this world? Yes please! Very tempted to go with the physical release to get the Gwent decks so will have to have a look around and see where's doing them.

Theres also a "New Game +" free DLC. Has anyone given this a go?

I haven't even finished the first game yet!

Haven't played it for a few months or so but picked it up again today and fell right back into it.

More games should be like this.

I'm enjoying the game very much, so much to do!

Did part of the Bloody Baron quest yesterday, however there seems to be lots more to do in that one still. Very long quest! But I enjoy it.

Also met Keira yesterday and am doing some quest with her right now. Not had the option yet to sleep with her, but I think I might save myself and become a one woman witcher... maybe. :P

Gah, each Gwent Deck in the Hearts of Stone physical expansion features 77 cards. So, 154 cards...

Does anyone know how to actually buy the physical version? I'm definitely getting it. I want those fucking Gwent Cards, hnnnnggg.

Theres also a "New Game +" free DLC. Has anyone given this a go?

I just started it earlier this week to get the remaining trophies before the expansion.

I have been kind of addicted to this game. There is so much to do! I have only just made it to Novigrad to go and meet Triss for the first time, however I just keep getting distracted by sidequests and questions marks along the way haha.

Cleared everything in White Orchard and most stuff in Velen (at least the things I could do at level 14, some enemies are too strong still), looking forward to whatever is going to follow. I've seen bits and pieces already from when Jim played of course, but it is still great to get to do it myself now. :D

Also, after finishing the Bloody Baron quest and looking it up online, there seem to be 2 main ways in which that quest unfolds, however I managed to somehow get a different ending as those 2!

So this quest seems to rely a lot on what you decide to do with the ghost under the tree; either set it free or kill it. If you set it free, the orphans get saved, but the Baron's wife gets cursed, dies and he hangs himself.

Or you can kill the ghost, but the orphans die. The Baron and his wife get to live but she becomes crazy basically.

Well I managed to get a mix of both of those! I stumbled upon the ghost in the tree before I took on the contract to kill it. It asked me to free it but I wasn't sure yet so I said I would come back later. I did all the other bits, playing hide and seek with the orphans, helping Johnny get his voice back, then taking the contract to get rid of the ghost. At this point I decided to set the ghost free.

I assume the ghost/horse thing saved the orphans (though there isn't really any mention of them so I'm not sure), however it did also kill pretty much everyone in that one town. Oops. But the Baron's wife wasn't cursed, just crazy, so he went off to find a cure for her.

Jim got really confused when I got this ending as supposedly setting the ghost free makes the witches curse Anna. Didn't happen! I either glitched the game, or it is a different ending that you can only get by meeting the ghost before taking the contract. Or something like that.

I like how your choices can have different consequences, even when you aren't aware of them yet at the time. And the quests/side quests are great! Hope other games will use this in the future; a Zelda game like this would be amazing (but probably won't happen).

I shagged a prostitute last night.

Keep that in the General Chit Chat board. This one is for computer games.