NEurope
Cube

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I felt tricked into choosing Yen over Triss. Yen mentions after a story quest that she really need to see you. It didn't seem optional, or at least seemed important. I don't remember Triss saying something similar during her part of the story. Would totally have chosen Triss, since she's not a massive bitch like Yen.

Also, I have had 2 awful bugs during my playthrough (currently gathering allies. Not sure how far through that is).

First, I got the problem where it wouldn't let me save. I save fairly regularly, so I noticed it pretty quick. I did manage to brute force it though by hammering on the X button and it managed to save before the "You can't save at this time" or whatever message came up. I didn't lose any progress, but if I hadn't got pissed and hammered on the X button, I probably would have lost about 20 minutes or so.

Then Triss wouldn't follow me in the sewers during her optional/romance quest, which meant I couldn't continue. Luckily the checkpoint saves are quite generous, so I just reloaded about 5 minutes before and it was fine.

I felt tricked into choosing Yen over Triss. Yen mentions after a story quest that she really need to see you. It didn't seem optional, or at least seemed important. I don't remember Triss saying something similar during her part of the story. Would totally have chosen Triss, since she's not a massive bitch like Yen.

Well, doing Yennefer's sidequest doesn't lock you into romancing her - your choice at the end of the quest does.

The writers kind of forget Triss exists in the last third of the game anyway, so I'm glad I went with Yennefer. (Although I really agonized over which fictional woman to choose.)

Well, doing Yennefer's sidequest doesn't lock you into romancing her - your choice at the end of the quest does.

I know, but it seemed like a dick move to not go with the choice I went with, plus I didn't realise there was a choice between Yen and Triss.

When do the crashes happen? The only two I had happened during Gwent games(pressing triangle instead of pushing) but I thought that would have been solved by now. The loading screens I understand, but it gets easier as you level up and die less :p

Randomly when the game is loading something, e.g. coming out of a cutscene.

Have had about 10 - 15 proper crashes where it exits to the PS4 home menu and asks if you want to send a report.

Also I meant literal endless loading screens, not just "omg this is taking forever to load", but black screen and the symbol spinning for 10 minutes.

^ That's weird, I've had literally 0 crashed in like 80 hours play. Couple of getting stuck and having to load an earlier save but thats it

That...alien poison swamp world looked amazing, but the white frost snowstorm section was just fantastic, utterly brilliant. I wish we had a bit more time to properly explore it, but the backstory for that part was great, too.

Also, how good did Tir ná Lia look? Or, at least, those few moments of what we saw of it from a distance. Fuark, this game is too good.

Can you imagine how good Cyberpunk is gonna be with this team?? If those enviroments were a taste of what we can expect then it'll be more most anticipated game of all time.

The writers kind of forget Triss exists in the last third of the game anyway, so I'm glad I went with Yennefer. (Although I really agonized over which fictional woman to choose.)

Ha yeah I'm team Triss all the way but bit narked that she was barely in the game after about half way through. Suffice to say I went for both which ended... interestingly.

--

Anyway, just finished the game at long last...

Farrking loved the ending! Esp. the penultimate battle, and then riding across that island littered with cylcops, forktails duking it out, whilst asteroids hammered down. Truely a cinematic spectacle. Oh, and Ciri in beast mode against all the Wild Hunt warriors!

Also loved how they kept you waiting until the very end to see Ciri again, after wrongfooting you with meeting the swordsmith. Really thought I'd f-ed up some choices and ended up with the bad ending! Great writing.

Apparently I missed the Radovic assassination cos I shoved Dickstra out the way when he was being a bell end. Argh!!!

Highlights, since I'd been noting them down as I went...

- Masquerade ball with Triss was probably my favorite part of the game. Great writing, kind of felt like an old hitman game, preparing the disguises beforehand. And then sneaking in a cheeky bit of gwent...

- Through time and space GOAT

- The skellige questline with the bloody bear banquet, Cerys being a general champ

- Letho and Lambert sidequests

- All of the side quests in Skellige. Brilliant environment design, <3 the sailing, Path of Warriors, fighting a bear at the end of fist fighting tournament, smashing out contracts isle to isle..

- Getting hammered with the boys at Kaer Mohren. 'Fuck yeah! Summon the bitches!'

- Battle with Ilmerith

- Every bit of decapitation in the game

- That detective psycho vampire mission in the city

- All the random shit in Novigrad, fencing lessons, play, getting the dwarf pissed to nick his gwent cards

- Admiring the sunsets

- Geralt asking that transforming chap.. dudu? To transform into Ciri. Great scene

I'm loving how the choices you make are so natural you don't even realise when you've taken a branched path. A friend of mine has just started playing and was saying about breaking into the Baron's fortress through an underwater passage because he'd had an earlier fight with some guards or something. Pretty sure I just walked through the front gate.

All in all, one of the best games I've ever played (If not the - undecided for now). Truely, for me, a milestone for what videogames as a medium can be, in terms of inhabiting such a massive, complex world with so many intricate stories. To have such a consistant quality of storytelling and general artistic and narrative quality over 80 hours or whatever mental figure I ploughed into this is truely astounding. Exactly what I would have wanted games to evolve to after playing Ocarina as a ten year old. Roll on the dlc!!!

I do think this game has ruined other games for me. I was tempted to buy Dragon Age recently, but I decided against it as I figured it must be a disappointment compared to this, especially if I play it straight after.

Damn you Witcher.

Since getting the latest patch, the inventory screen seems to load extremely slowly.

I do think this game has ruined other games for me. I was tempted to buy Dragon Age recently, but I decided against it as I figured it must be a disappointment compared to this, especially if I play it straight after.

Damn you Witcher.

I did enjoy Dragon Age, it was one of my favourite games last year. After playing The Witcher though, it does look rather primitive in comparison in many areas. Bioware could learn a lot from CD Projekt Red.

Can you imagine how good Cyberpunk is gonna be with this team?? If those enviroments were a taste of what we can expect then it'll be more most anticipated game of all time.

What is Cyberpunk? I'm interested, especially after what these guys have done after this game.

Ha yeah I'm team Triss all the way but bit narked that she was barely in the game after about half way through. Suffice to say I went for both which ended... interestingly.

I'm team ALLOFTHEGIRLS.

If it moved in this game, I shagged it.

I...didn't see anyone at all after saying goodbye to Ciri when she went to fight the White Frost. I saw her in the inn, but I didn't see Yennifer or Triss at all. So, I ended up alone then?

Anyway, just finished the game at long last...

Farrking loved the ending! Esp. the penultimate battle, and then riding across that island littered with cylcops, forktails duking it out, whilst asteroids hammered down. Truely a cinematic spectacle. Oh, and Ciri in beast mode against all the Wild Hunt warriors!

Also loved how they kept you waiting until the very end to see Ciri again, after wrongfooting you with meeting the swordsmith. Really thought I'd f-ed up some choices and ended up with the bad ending! Great writing.

Apparently I missed the Radovic assassination cos I shoved Dickstra out the way when he was being a bell end. Argh!!!

Highlights, since I'd been noting them down as I went...

Brah, all of the bits that you mentioned were my favourite bits, too.

Time and Space was hnnnngggg/10.

My game time for this was disgraceful. According to the game's inventory clock thing, I racked up 24 days+ on this. I wanted to see everything.

- Masquerade ball with Triss was probably my favorite part of the game. Great writing, kind of felt like an old hitman game, preparing the disguises beforehand. And then sneaking in a cheeky bit of gwent...

- Through time and space GOAT

- The skellige questline with the bloody bear banquet, Cerys being a general champ

- Letho and Lambert sidequests

- All of the side quests in Skellige. Brilliant environment design, <3 the sailing, Path of Warriors, fighting a bear at the end of fist fighting tournament, smashing out contracts isle to isle..

- Getting hammered with the boys at Kaer Mohren. 'Fuck yeah! Summon the bitches!'

- Battle with Ilmerith

- Every bit of decapitation in the game

- That detective psycho vampire mission in the city

- All the random shit in Novigrad, fencing lessons, play, getting the dwarf pissed to nick his gwent cards

- Admiring the sunsets

- Geralt asking that transforming chap.. dudu? To transform into Ciri. Great scene

I'm loving how the choices you make are so natural you don't even realise when you've taken a branched path. A friend of mine has just started playing and was saying about breaking into the Baron's fortress through an underwater passage because he'd had an earlier fight with some guards or something. Pretty sure I just walked through the front gate.

All in all, one of the best games I've ever played (If not the - undecided for now). Truely, for me, a milestone for what videogames as a medium can be, in terms of inhabiting such a massive, complex world with so many intricate stories. To have such a consistant quality of storytelling and general artistic and narrative quality over 80 hours or whatever mental figure I ploughed into this is truely astounding. Exactly what I would have wanted games to evolve to after playing Ocarina as a ten year old. Roll on the dlc!!!

Since getting the latest patch, the inventory screen seems to load extremely slowly.

I like how they've streamlined that a bit now, having bullshit books in their own tab. Also I've noticed "Stash" icons have appeared on the map for you to store things into.

It's a fucking shame I've completed it now, they could've been useful back then.

Damn you Witcher.

Yeah! Very much different games, but I now assume Fallout 4 to have a similar level of storytelling and emotional heft across the game and will be disappointed if it doest.

What is Cyberpunk? I'm interested, especially after what these guys have done after this game.

Just a CG teaser so far but it gives you an idea what they'll be going for.. if they have a similar engine to W3 and the same level of storytelling and scope.. the mind boggles. Probably a good 4 year wait or something for it though :P

I'm team ALLOFTHEGIRLS.

If it moved in this game, I shagged it.

I...didn't see anyone at all after saying goodbye to Ciri when she went to fight the White Frost. I saw her in the inn, but I didn't see Yennifer or Triss at all. So, I ended up alone then?

Yeah I had that too. Did you get that amusing threesome scene a bit earlier? They both told me after that, more or less, that they didn't want to be with me (Wah!!).

Hope you banged the random chick on Skellige where you have a duel with her

Brah, all of the bits that you mentioned were my favourite bits, too.

Time and Space was hnnnngggg/10.

My game time for this was disgraceful. According to the game's inventory clock thing, I racked up 24 days+ on this. I wanted to see everything.

Yeah! Think I played it longer than SKyrim, which I thought would be impossible. Though I somehow missed the cave of dreams quest you mentioned - looks like a great one. I did more or less all the side quests but I've a few more contracts to finish before I'm don with the game yet... and a gwent tournament to enter and win!!

Still absolutely loving this game on my second playthrough

Just finished turning Uma back into Avalla'ch and saw some brilliant stuff I missed first time around...

As I chose to proclaim my love to Triss again (was gonna go for Yen to see the difference but couldn't resist that beautiful red hair, plus Yen is a bitch and I realise I don't actually like her) Yen and I had a bit of a fight when I talked to her about throwing the bed out the window. It ended with her teleporting me 6 feet above the middle of the lake in Kaer Morhen!

First time around I went to bed early and so missed the drinking games and messing around with the microscope - absolutely brilliant stuff, so glad I got to see it.

This game just keeps getting better! Playing it on Death March has also made me appreciate it more. It feels like more of a challenge although with Quen and Axii I rarely die - love just setting a group of bandits/drowners/nekkers on each other then picking off the last one :heh:

Possibly my favourite game of all time!

So it turns out the card collector trophy is bugged on the latest patch, hopefully they fix it with 1.08 :/

Is there meant to be come DLC expansions coming out for those who have the special edition?

Are people still playing this or getting bored?

Ive seem to be playing it for hours on end but dont appear to be getting anywhere. Im still at the Bloody Baron! Im enjoying it though!

Are people still playing this or getting bored?

Ive seem to be playing it for hours on end but dont appear to be getting anywhere. Im still at the Bloody Baron! Im enjoying it though!

I imagine others have finished it by now and are waiting for New Game + or the DLC.

When NG+ is out, I'm going back for a second play through.

Hnnnnnggggg, I just want moar of this.

Some hero online has uploaded the Gwent Cards for people to download and print off. I'm going to be showing @Eenuh that before the inevitable real life version of it arrives.

Hnnngggg, fucking love me some Gwent hnnggggg.

Yeah I'm waiting on the DLC!

Got a working usb so thought I'd post a few GOAT moments from the second half of the game. Geralt's instagram feed, if you will

The time I had to bare knuckle fight a bear

103u9us.jpg

GOAT segment Through Time and Space

2r4rfhu.jpg

Admiring dem russling trees

2lmqql3.jpg

RIP ma boy Vesemir

35aoy2q.jpg

Siri!

hrcync.jpg

On point

14jtbwy.jpg

Scaling dishy path of warriors

15ywuht.jpg

The time Geralt killed a werewolf, an elemental and.. a cow

2lo25g3.jpg

Ahh. Good times!

I'm still playing it regularly. Usually once during the week night and on the weekend. The game is bonkers huge.

Pretty much finished off everything that can be done in the game, including quests and question marks.

Anyone know if one of the latest patches have added missable cards? They added a merchant that sold the missable cards from White Orchard but not for the masquerade party or other places, so I can't finish off my collection.

I'm still working through the main story, but I suppose I did get it late.

Battle Preparations ,which I guess is nearing the end of the main story.

Also, killed the king, because he was a massive bellend.

Finally picked this badboy up today, can't wait to get stuck in, although it won't be straight away.

Finally picked this badboy up today, can't wait to get stuck in, although it won't be straight away.

Remember to think about that game if you can't reach climax during sex.

If unsure, ask @Fierce_LiNk for further information.

Finally finished this and what a game....quick question did anyone else fall for Yen and Triss' trick? I felt like such a chump!