NEurope
Cube

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I really want to play through this again, but I feel guilty playing more of this instead of some other games. My backlog will just continue growing.

Saying that, I really, reeeeeally just want Blood and Wine here now. Tempted to play through that and Hearts of Stone at the same time.

I really want to play through it for the first time. :(

I've been sorting out my games collection this week and I've made sure that my PS4 games are in a more prominent place in the hope that I will actually play them soon.

The Witcher 3 is right in the middle on the shelf so I can't miss it, with the expansion still sealed up with those lovely Gwent decks for after I finish the main game.

I take it that I should not even redeem the dlc code until I've finished the main game being that it's an expansion? Unless it's more of a standalone thing which launches seperately to the game, either way main quest completion first I reckon.

This year... I will play it this year, I have to! This feeling of shame shall be lifted! :heh:

Bit miffed

Just lost both Yen and Triss as romance options, did fully romance Triss and dumped Yen to keep it exclusive. Ended up getting the "Three to Tango" quest and lost both. Little bit miffed, but it opens up the Hearts of Stone romance option which i'm going for. Would say i'd go back and see if i did something wrong, but that's 60 hours back.

I take it that I should not even redeem the dlc code until I've finished the main game being that it's an expansion? Unless it's more of a standalone thing which launches seperately to the game, either way main quest completion first I reckon.

The first DLC can be played during the main game. I played it after as I had already finished the game, but it does unlock during the main game. It basically expands a bit on the map, and adds a separate storyline. So you can play it while playing the main game, though they do suggest you be a certain level to start it (think it's 35).

I've been sorting out my games collection this week and I've made sure that my PS4 games are in a more prominent place in the hope that I will actually play them soon.

The Witcher 3 is right in the middle on the shelf so I can't miss it, with the expansion still sealed up with those lovely Gwent decks for after I finish the main game.

This year... I will play it this year, I have to! This feeling of shame shall be lifted! :heh:

I've been playing the DLC since reaching the later stages of the main game, it's very much enjoyable. For me though, not sure about anyone else

I upgraded my armour/swords to mastercrafted to give me an edge over the enemies in the new area. Most are levels 29-35, so can pose a challenge. Especially the possible battle at the burning manor. The turtle battle, think of it as an enhanced Witcher contract.

Not sure how Blood and Wine would fit in for someone playing the game fresh when it's launched. I've heard it's a new area, and quite a sizable area as well (possibly Velen-size, if not bigger).

What else is there to possibly play that is keeping you from playing this?

Finished this the other week, one of the best games I've ever played.

Siri became a Witcher, Geralt went off with Yeneffer. Radovic defeated the Nilfguard and the Emperor got lynched.

I've seen people talking about 'good' and 'bad' endings, quite satisfied with the one I got.

Looking forward to Cyberpunk now, should be really special.

Finished this the other week, one of the best games I've ever played.

Siri became a Witcher, Geralt went off with Yeneffer. Radovic defeated the Nilfguard and the Emperor got lynched.

I've seen people talking about 'good' and 'bad' endings, quite satisfied with the one I got.

Looking forward to Cyberpunk now, should be really special.

Did you attempt the sidequest to assassinate Radovid?

Did you attempt the sidequest to assassinate Radovid?

I don't remember anything coming of it though. Definitely didn't have any quests left open when I finished.

Planning on starting the DLC for this today. Gonna take a while to remember all the controls/tactics/combat! How accurate are the claims that the DLC lasts for 10 hours?

Nevertheless, looking forward to getting stuck into this title again.

And, that is Witcher 3 completed

What a game, utter brilliance. The final battle against Caranthir was the easiest i've ever done (he glitched and stood still, i just ran around him re doing that scene from Reservoir Dogs). Eredin was quite easy, i was quite powerful in comparison (level 39, i did the Hearts of Stone DLC before cracking the final mission(s). Didn't get with either Yen or Triss, the game was determined to not let me (even though i neglected all love for Yen).

The story was fantastic, i cannot fault it. Ok, there were a few bugs and issues. But overall i am impressed.

I killed Von Eric, he was a complete douche. How dare he treat his wife like that, causing her to have her heart broken (literally). Never liked his attitude in-game, so when the time came to either save or watch him die, i let him die. Story was ok, not as good as the main game. But well worth it.

Ciri lived, however she became Empress as i took her to see the Emporer after Kaer Morhan (if i didn't take her then, she'd be a Witcher). Also, i killed Radovid as i felt he needed to go.

And with it done, i feel a void has occurred.

It is time...

I've put the disc into the console. It's time to play Hearts of Stone.

My body is ready.

Playing the DLC is a bit surreal. I feel like I already knew this world inside out, yet there are now suddenly new places and things going on in places that I had already visited. It's how storytelling should work in gaming. Stories don't technically end, they just morph into other stories. I love how that all works in this game.

This DLC is excellent value for money. The story/quests within it are just as high in quality as the ones in the base game.

I just did a cool sidequest where:

You find these ruins that are surrounded by harpies. (flying creature things) When you kill them all and go into the ruins, you find a letter next to this dead body. The letter said that this guy was trying to make a royal air force using harpies, but somebody left the cage door open!

Even coming across a random and insignificant building, or ruins in this case, there's still a story to tell. In terms of storytelling, this game is superb. Can't fucking wait for the next bit of DLC...which apparently is twice as long as this one! Hnnnnnnggg, how am I meant to get any work or life done when games are this good?

*Bump

Although I started the DLC 2 months ago I haven't been able to put much time into Hearts of Stone. That all changed yesterday.

Finally had time to sit down and devote a couple of hours and I'm absolutely loving the DLC. As others have mentioned, the side quests and story missions are just as good (if not better) than the main game. I've just got the full viper armour set which looks bad ass (level 39) and finished the first 3 main quests of the DLC.

So much content (good content might I add) that I haven't even bothered starting Hitman. And it's eating my SFV time. Good times. :grin:

Hopefully done with the DLC by the end of the weekend. Already looking forward to the upcoming Blood and Wine :laughing:

Fuucckk me. Finally booted hearts of stone up this evening. That bloody frog is a right old ring of fire after a few months. As is that damn mage. Also I'd forgotten how quite painfully long the loading times are.

Luckily I'd also forgotten what a totally gorgeous game it is. Nice new cast of characters to boot. Intrigued to get stuck back in.

Fuucckk me. Finally booted hearts of stone up this evening. That bloody frog is a right old ring of fire after a few months. As is that damn mage. Also I'd forgotten how quite painfully long the loading times are.

Luckily I'd also forgotten what a totally gorgeous game it is. Nice new cast of characters to boot. Intrigued to get stuck back in.

I can't tell if the game suddenly got much harder or if I became shit after not playing for a while, but I died a loooooot of times in the DLC. Still absolutely loved it.

My most anticipated thing of anything this year is Blood and Wine. I'm checking the net every day for any news of a release, some rumours pointing to April. God, just give it to me already.

I can't tell if the game suddenly got much harder or if I became shit after not playing for a while, but I died a loooooot of times in the DLC. Still absolutely loved it.

My most anticipated thing of anything this year is Blood and Wine. I'm checking the net every day for any news of a release, some rumours pointing to April. God, just give it to me already.

End of May I've heard :kiss:

Definitely is. Although also I realised part of my reason for struggling so much was having the wrong sword equipt and my armour being in dire need of repair.. too much depth to remember, ha.

Did the wedding mission last night. Geralt's voice actor deserves some serious credit for that one. Excellent mission. This game is such an accomplishment.

Did you guys see this?

http://www.gamesradar.com/cd-projekt-red-2016-game/

Intriguing. I'd probs buy anything CDPR make right now

@Fierce_LiNk

Notable Polish gaming website, GRYOnline, has apparently revealed the release date for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt‘s Blood and Wine expansion pack. If the listing is anything to go by, then the DLC will premiere on Tuesday, June 7.

You can get a Hnnnnnnnnngggggg from me too, looking forward to that! Hope that date is right, that's not too far away now! :D

Oh my............

Got a Hhhnnnnngggg from me to. If Hearts of Stone is to go by, this will be fantastic. Wonder if they'll release something with this like they did Hearts of Stone (Gwent pack)

Oh my............

Got a Hhhnnnnngggg from me to. If Hearts of Stone is to go by, this will be fantastic. Wonder if they'll release something with this like they did Hearts of Stone (Gwent pack)

Pretty sure it will have a Gwent pack again, as the previous one only had two factions (Monsters and Scoia’tael). Would be great if they add the other two factions to the new DLC. :)

Hnnnnnnggg. I'm practically sat here with my wallet out ready to buy the new DLC. Hoping for a Gwent edition with the rest of the card.

June would be an absolute fucking disaster. No Man's Sky AND Witcher 3 DLC in the same month? Are they trying to overdose me on awesome or something? Hnnnngg, my heart.