NEurope
Cube

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

When i was last on, i was trying to get as many gwent cards as i could. Which was in June i believe, meaning i need to get back on Witcher.

I think it's because that I actually collect and play card games in the real world that the game doesn't hold much sway for me. :blank:

giphy.gif

My Hearts of Stone Gwent Edition box thing came yesterday. Hnnnngggg, the cards are glorious. Can't wait to get moaaaar. Hope they release the other two decks with the other expansion. Hnnnngggg. Gwent. <3

I ordered my set of cards from that offer they had, should be here end of the month (hopefully)

Edit: Weird bug, visited a whore house in Novagrad and, well this happened.

W5yYxWi.png

Seems you lose a lot more than money in these places

Edited by Jimbob

Currently £21 on Amazon. Figured I would give it a go at that price.

Yeah, I popped into GAME earlier and it was £25. It's crazy how quickly games drop in prices these days.

Hope you enjoy it. :)

Yeah, I popped into GAME earlier and it was £25. It's crazy how quickly games drop in prices these days.

Hope you enjoy it. :)

You're just too used to gaming only on Nintendo consoles. :D Always annoys me that they don't drop their prices much.

Some crazy deals on at the moment, though. God of War 3 Remastered £13, Batman Arkham Knight £25, Witcher 3 £25, Mortal Kombat X £20, Transformers £25...I've had to really hold myself back.

Currently £21 on Amazon. Figured I would give it a go at that price.

It's amazing pal!! Really hope you enjoy it.

Watch it you finish it in a week. It's practically the only game i've been playing since release haha!

It's amazing pal!! Really hope you enjoy it.

Watch it you finish it in a week. It's practically the only game i've been playing since release haha!

The only way he'll be able to finish it in a week is if he doesn't do any of the sidequests (which would be a tremendous shame - Don't do that Hero!) or if he decides to not work a single hour this week and dedicates his entire time to playing this game.

So I just finished this game, only took me two months! :P

Such an amazing game though, really loved every second of it and it has become one of my favourite games ever. I found it hard to put the controller down when playing this, quite often playing until late into the night/early mornings haha.

I had already seen most of the game as I saw @Fierce_LiNk play through it, but it still felt very fresh when I finally got to play it. I have tried to clear as much of the game as I could as well, the only things left are some question marks in Skellige (spoils of war and smuggler's cache in the sea). I tried doing all the quests too; failed one small one in Novigrad because I went of wandering around, and then one where I needed to talk to Triss about some statuette, but she had sailed off already. :P

I have done all the treasure hunts, all the secondary quests, and I got all trophies apart from the highest difficulty ones (so missing three, including the Platinum). Maybe I'll get that on another playthrough haha.

Really loved it, the game was beautiful to look at too. It had some very glitchy moments, but that didn't stop me enjoying it really (it made for some hilarious moments actually).

My favourite part of the game was probably just wandering around in the world, stumbling across hidden villages or huts, finding random people who needed my help, running into massive beasts... I loved little things they put in the game, like I felt bad for killing one cyclops as I noticed he had a small pen where he kept sheep (probably to eat but still, it showed that he was somewhat intelligent). Or trying to figure out what happened to some people that had died (were they killed by monsters or soldiers, or did they kill themselves in desperation...). Eavesdropping on people's conversations is great as well, gives you some backstory to certain characters.

As for the ending, I think I got a pretty good one:

Ciri becomes a witcher, after which Geralt retreats to some hut with Yen, where they enjoy a lazy life together. Keira and Lambert also end up together, setting of on a quest to find the notes which will help her cure some plague. The Nilfgaard rule the land, but Temeria is restored as well. And Cerys now rules Skellige and brings peace and prosperity.

Bit sad I finished the game, but I guess I got the DLC to look forward to. And maybe start NG+ on highest difficulty at some point to try and nab that Platinum. :)

Didn't understand the love for this at all, it looked ok but the controls were very ropey in my opinion and the story was.... Average?

I have a terrible feeling that I'm out growing games now which I never thought would happen but this didn't feel special to me in any way. I honestly had to force myself to play for more than 10 minutes at a time. Even the card game is a weird poor try at doing triple triad from final fantasy!

Sorry, not sorry.

Didn't understand the love for this at all, it looked ok but the controls were very ropey in my opinion and the story was.... Average?

I have a terrible feeling that I'm out growing games now which I never thought would happen but this didn't feel special to me in any way. I honestly had to force myself to play for more than 10 minutes at a time. Even the card game is a weird poor try at doing triple triad from final fantasy!

Sorry, not sorry.

How much have you actually played? How far into it are you?

It looked... okay?

Yeah it looked very similar in graphics to Dragon age, GTA, bloodborne etc

@flink

No where near enough to give a proper critique but I'm finding nowadays with games that they have to grab me straight away or I lose interest. Maybe its just because I don't have much spare time at the minute but I need a hook in the first hour or I'm out.

Yeah it looked very similar in graphics to Dragon age, GTA, bloodborne etc

@flink

No where near enough to give a proper critique but I'm finding nowadays with games that they have to grab me straight away or I lose interest. Maybe its just because I don't have much spare time at the minute but I need a hook in the first hour or I'm out.

Graphically, I'd say the Witcher is better than all of those, but I don't know how many others would agree or disagree. Certainly in terms of landscapes, trees, sunsets, etc, the Witcher wins.

The game is an epic. You can't properly judge the story after just a few minutes, especially as it's a game that HEAVILY focuses on side-stories and characters that you won't even have knowledge of yet. This is one that is definitely worth sticking with, in my opinion. You've done the equivalent of deciding you don't like Disneyland by getting into the car park, turning around and going home.

Fair enough and I understand what your saying. Funny thing is, I grabbed fall out 4 today. Stuck it on at 5:20pm and was hooked from the installing screen. Just turned it off after 4 hours pretty much straight and I love it.

I'll give witcher another try afterwards, I sort of think that I have become so used to first person that running in 3rd person feels clunky and loose.

Fair enough and I understand what your saying. Funny thing is, I grabbed fall out 4 today. Stuck it on at 5:20pm and was hooked from the installing screen. Just turned it off after 4 hours pretty much straight and I love it.

I'll give witcher another try afterwards, I sort of think that I have become so used to first person that running in 3rd person feels clunky and loose.

If you're more in the mood to play Fallout, then do that first. Come back to The Witcher later when you're ready to get your angus destroyed.

Both games are meant to be massive, I couldn't do both at the same time.

I feel like at the end of the year one of the big debates in gaming will be F4 vs W3. I hesitate a little to compare the two given their aims are fairly different, but ultimately I've found the total opposite of you. I've been really excited for Fallout for but ultimately I've found Witcher has skyrocketed my expectations from a huge open world game and Fallout 4 is suffering by comparison. The story is doing nothing for me, the awful facial animations take you right out, and, frankly, it looks seriously ugly next to W3's epic, lush landscapes and trees dancing in the wind. Plus it's made me appreciate how relatively bug-free w3 was.

For what it's worth, I really hated Witcher 3 for the first few hours. Boring start and a poorly weighted difficulty curve would have had me quit had I not bought a ps4 for the occasion. As flink says, the game really comes into it's own once you get into some of the side quests. I'm hoping to have the same experience with Fallout!

But yeah, in any case don't try and tackle both these beasts at once :P !

Glad to hear you loved it Eenuh. Has anyone picked up Hearts of Stone yet?

I feel like at the end of the year one of the big debates in gaming will be F4 vs W3. I hesitate a little to compare the two given their aims are fairly different, but ultimately I've found the total opposite of you. I've been really excited for Fallout for but ultimately I've found Witcher has skyrocketed my expectations from a huge open world game and Fallout 4 is suffering by comparison. The story is doing nothing for me, the awful facial animations take you right out, and, frankly, it looks seriously ugly next to W3's epic, lush landscapes and trees dancing in the wind. Plus it's made me appreciate how relatively bug-free w3 was.

For what it's worth, I really hated Witcher 3 for the first few hours. Boring start and a poorly weighted difficulty curve would have had me quit had I not bought a ps4 for the occasion. As flink says, the game really comes into it's own once you get into some of the side quests. I'm hoping to have the same experience with Fallout!

But yeah, in any case don't try and tackle both these beasts at once :P !

Glad to hear you loved it Eenuh. Has anyone picked up Hearts of Stone yet?

The Witcher 3 has officially ruined videogames for me. I think I made a huuuuuge mistake playing Arkham Knight so soon afterwards. It just couldn't compete. I don't know how I'm going to play another Zelda without thinking, "Yup, Witcher did that better...and that...and that...and it's got full voice acting."

We bought the Hearts of Stone physical edition with the Gwent Cards. It's fucking hnnnggggggggg.

I haven't started the expansion yet as I actually want to experience life before I jump back in. @Eenuh didn't give a shit and she started the expansion straight after the main game.

So I just finished this game, only took me two months! :P

Such an amazing game though, really loved every second of it and it has become one of my favourite games ever. I found it hard to put the controller down when playing this, quite often playing until late into the night/early mornings haha.

I had already seen most of the game as I saw @Fierce_LiNk play through it, but it still felt very fresh when I finally got to play it. I have tried to clear as much of the game as I could as well, the only things left are some question marks in Skellige (spoils of war and smuggler's cache in the sea). I tried doing all the quests too; failed one small one in Novigrad because I went of wandering around, and then one where I needed to talk to Triss about some statuette, but she had sailed off already. :P

I have done all the treasure hunts, all the secondary quests, and I got all trophies apart from the highest difficulty ones (so missing three, including the Platinum). Maybe I'll get that on another playthrough haha.

Really loved it, the game was beautiful to look at too. It had some very glitchy moments, but that didn't stop me enjoying it really (it made for some hilarious moments actually).

My favourite part of the game was probably just wandering around in the world, stumbling across hidden villages or huts, finding random people who needed my help, running into massive beasts... I loved little things they put in the game, like I felt bad for killing one cyclops as I noticed he had a small pen where he kept sheep (probably to eat but still, it showed that he was somewhat intelligent). Or trying to figure out what happened to some people that had died (were they killed by monsters or soldiers, or did they kill themselves in desperation...). Eavesdropping on people's conversations is great as well, gives you some backstory to certain characters.

As for the ending, I think I got a pretty good one:

Ciri becomes a witcher, after which Geralt retreats to some hut with Yen, where they enjoy a lazy life together. Keira and Lambert also end up together, setting of on a quest to find the notes which will help her cure some plague. The Nilfgaard rule the land, but Temeria is restored as well. And Cerys now rules Skellige and brings peace and prosperity.

Bit sad I finished the game, but I guess I got the DLC to look forward to. And maybe start NG+ on highest difficulty at some point to try and nab that Platinum. :)

I just want to echo the above. What an absolute fantastic game! I'm gutted I have finished it. It has dramatically increased my expectations for open world games.

I've just completed it too, I've had the game since May. I did every single quest possible and contract. I absolutely loved the game and is now one of my all time favourites.

Its not perfect, some critcisms:

- the beginning was very slow and the learning curve was tough. If it wasn't for all the hype on here then I would have probably had given up. I didn't think too much of the game when I first started

-there are a lot of "fetch" style quests. Although there were puzzles, I would have loved more of these in a zelda dungeon style.

-bugs, there were a few and on numerous occasions I had to restart something.

So my ending:

I get the impression that I shouldn't have shagged every lass that moved. This ended in Geralt being duped by Triss and Yen into thinking he was going to have a threesome with them but he ended up stripped and tied to a bed. They then left after laughing at him. Dandelion ended up untying him. The shame!!

So one main event had finished. Everyone went off and did their own thing. Ciri decided that she didn't want to stay being a witcher and left Geralt to become emperess of Nilffguard. She believed that she could do good in that position. The Northern Kingdoms and Novigrad were invaded by Nilfguard but then Emir allowed them to govern as fully devolved states.

Skelliga, was not invaded and the Queen ruled the islands in a peaceful manner uniting the different tribes etc

So I have the DLC to do but as a fool I didn't start the game on the highest difficulty. I suppose i'll have to to New Game + at some point and hope to whizz through it.

Best single player game I have played in a very long time!! Fully recommended!

You getting the DLC, @Blade?

I've yet to start it. Waiting for the right time. I want to play some other stuff first before I jump back in. Can't wait for next year's expansion either as it's meant to be pretty big, as well. :D

You getting the DLC, @Blade?

I've yet to start it. Waiting for the right time. I want to play some other stuff first before I jump back in. Can't wait for next year's expansion either as it's meant to be pretty big, as well. :D

Yep, I plan to get it.

So, as i'm still in The Witcher mood I decided to create two saves and restart one on New Game + on Death March difficulty setting. It is a lot more difficult with enemies only needing to hit you twice before you die. The large beasties are okay, its when there is a group where problems arise. The Axi sign is not quick enough!

I'm currently doing the main line quest with Keira. I'm trying to whizz through it the besy I can. I only plan to do the main quest, contracts and the secondary quests that im not overpowered for so I can get as much exp as possible.

Although your armour does carry through, it is not any match for even a drowner. You have to pick up the armour again. So for example my mastercrafter Griffin gear is no match compared to a New Game + basic Griffin gear.

Yep, I plan to get it.

So, as i'm still in The Witcher mood I decided to create two saves and restart one on New Game + on Death March difficulty setting. It is a lot more difficult with enemies only needing to hit you twice before you die. The large beasties are okay, its when there is a group where problems arise. The Axi sign is not quick enough!

I'm currently doing the main line quest with Keira. I'm trying to whizz through it the besy I can. I only plan to do the main quest, contracts and the secondary quests that im not overpowered for so I can get as much exp as possible.

Although your armour does carry through, it is not any match for even a drowner. You have to pick up the armour again. So for example my mastercrafter Griffin gear is no match compared to a New Game + basic Griffin gear.

Lol, you must really want that platinum if you're going for it again straight after finishing it. :D

You don't need to complete NewGame+ to do the DLC, by the way. You can just get the DLC and play away.

So I started this last week with a bit of time sunk in to it on Saturday.

I'm not sure what I think. I enjoy the general openness/quests anywhere, and the sheer amount of shit there is to pick up(rpg hoarder here :p) but at the same time it's a bit overwhelming and I'm not sure if I know what I'm doing. I also accidentally wasted a stat point forgetting that I need an open slot to equip things, which early on is tedious as it's obvs reduced my being better through levelling, as it were. I haven't quite got the fighting down, and I'm not entirely sure when I should head for the first big main quest. I can see it growing on me, but so far I feel like I've done a lot but achieved little.

I'm not sure what I think. I enjoy the general openness/quests anywhere, and the sheer amount of shit there is to pick up(rpg hoarder here :p) but at the same time it's a bit overwhelming and I'm not sure if I know what I'm doing. I also accidentally wasted a stat point forgetting that I need an open slot to equip things, which early on is tedious as it's obvs reduced my being better through levelling, as it were. I haven't quite got the fighting down, and I'm not entirely sure when I should head for the first big main quest. I can see it growing on me, but so far I feel like I've done a lot but achieved little.

Stick with it, you will soon get the hang of it! I got really hooked on it. Fighting is one of those things where you just get better over time, as you upgrade your skills and equipment and learn to use your dodge/attack/magic at the right times.

Also, if you ever want to redistribute your skill points, some merchants might sell a potion called Potion of Clearance I think (or something similar), which will "erase" all your skill points so you can redistribute them again on the skills you want. Not many will sell this potion though I think.

As for the questing, there is no right or wrong in when you do the main quest. I spent ages sidequesting as I enjoyed that very much (plus you gain experience for doing things like finding treasure, doing contracts etc.). Also, the main quest might sometimes lead to secondary quests which you can do as well. There is loads to do, but it is up to you if you want to do it all or not. Just take your time with it and enjoy it. :)

I hated the beginning of the game. I found it way too overwhelming and the combat was just too difficult. As I played, I fell in love with the game. It's probably one of the best single player experiences I have ever had. I've even started it all again after finishing it so I can grab the platinum. I'm now at the Bloody Baron quest.

The game rewards you for doing side quests and contracts. Theres no hunting down wild beasties to get experience. What I found completely refreshing is the idea of zero grinding to level up. You just get on with the game.

You can buy a potion that will clear all of your stats so I wouldn't worry about that.

The best open world game ever. I don't think I can view another open world game/RPG in the same light. I'm just going to compare them all to this.