Star Wars Battlefront

Cube

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little info from the panel, either.

- 17th November released.

- Free "Battle of Jakku" DLC 8th December (1 week early if pre-ordered).

- 1st and 3rd person.

Other information

- No prequel stuff

- No space battles

- No campaign

- Some short co-op missions

- Hoth, Endor, Tatooine and the previously unexplored planet, Sullust*

*Note: Sullust has been in multiple EU material and Star Wars games, like Rogue Squadron

Little info from the panel, either.

- 17th November released.

- Free "Battle of Jakku" DLC 8th December (1 week early if pre-ordered).

- 1st and 3rd person.

Other information

- No prequel stuff

- No space battles

- No campaign

- Some short co-op missions

- Hoth, Endor, Tatooine and the previously unexplored planet, Sullust*

*Note: Sullust has been in multiple EU material and Star Wars games, like Rogue Squadron

I'm nopt sure your right about the campaign stuff;

the developer is creating offline challenges inspired by moments from the films that can be played solo, or cooperatively either online or split-screen. Fegraeus said those offline challenges will be highly replayable, with a variety of difficulty levels.

The game won't have a traditional campaign, DICE says, of the kind we've seen in the studio's recent Battlefield games.

So whilst yes it may not be called campaign and may not have cut scenes in between if there are enough of these challenges I think we are good. Also really what's the difference between that and say Rogue Squadron?

Edited by flameboy

I actually do think it will be a good game but I got nothing from that trailer. It's basically the same trailer we've got for every new Star Wars game since they started using CG trailers.

That trailer is using the engine running on a PS4. It isn't CG.

I have no doubt that the game will look great. I'm just talking about the trailer itself and not the game it's promoting. Unfortunately with so many of them sticking to movie locations etc they just all feel very samey at this point. I'm sure I will feel more enthusiastic when I see gameplay footage and not game engine footage.

With a trailer like this they can massively reduce what is loaded into the engine (they don't need to think about what you can't see), there's no AI hogging power and they can do custom animation for it all.

I remember that footage of Free Radical Design's cancelled SW Battlefront 3 have a Ground to Space Combat. Disappointed to found out that DICE Sweden can't replicated something like that and it looks like a re-skinned of Battlefield to me so that killed my hype for this game.

The PSP games are on PSN and are well worth playing but remember that, as with all shooters on the PSP, it's hampered by the single analogue stick. If you're using a Vita, mapping the right analogue stick helps though as you can set it to use the right analogue stick as the face buttons. It's not true analogue but it feels a little better.

Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron £8

Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron £8

• 1 month later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!