N-Europe

Official E3 Nintendo Direct Discussion - 11th June @ 3pm

Mokong

I can honestly see Nintendo skipping E3 in the future because all of the biased dirt getting thrown over them.

Would be nice if they give a pressconference stating: this was our last E3 precense. Because the press coming to E3 doesn't take our demographic into account. We are the best selling console company of the last decades, and will continue as we always did; fun and quality first.

We'll give you, the gamer, all the news directly, through our monthly Nintendo Directs!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw one statement on GAF, and it's so true.

Nintendo Direct is a response to the pure bile Nintendo receives from "gaming journalists". Rather than having those journalists provide the news, Nintendo provides it direct to us. I've seen many journalists complain about the concept of the Directs, afterall

Media bias exists in all walks of life unfortunately, but in the gaming media, the former king is viewed as if he was the bloke who gave Hitler the idea to invade poland

Except if the former king was Sony. Then it's viewed as something people should understand, but don't.

Geoff: Wow, straight on to NINTENDO, what about the other conferences...

*a few minutes later*

Geoff: Now this IS NINTENDO hour, so let's talk about NINTENDO

---------------

I get that he was trying to talk a bit about Sony and Microsoft with those guys, because it would be the only time Geoff got to sit down with them in front of the camera talking things E3, but that just sounded really silly :laughing:

---------------------

2013-06-14-495-ComicReviewE32013.jpg

I think NINTENDO should reconsider what the 'Year of Luigi' really means.

Edited by Fused King

Whatever you say about Nintendo, I've seen more discussion about Smash and the other Nintendo games than I have about anything on the other systems.

Sadly the focus of the next gen is all DRM, used games, the cloud, 24 hour check-ins, Kinect spyware, price and technical specifications. I actually see a lot less discussion about games! You only have to look on NeoGaf to see that, the Smash thread has around 575,000 views. The nearest single game thread to that is The Last of Us which has been around a lot longer and has over 100,000 views less.

You can knock Nintendo all you want, but they're still making a bigger splash with their software than anyone else.

I'm really starting to dislike this 'Miyamoto' character. I mean, who is he anyway.

It seems like he thinks he 'runs' things at NINTENDO...

"I certainly understand that people want a new F-Zero game," Miyamoto said. "I think where I struggle is that I don’t really have a good idea for what’s new that we could bring to F-Zero that would really turn it into a great game again. Certainly I can see how people looking at Mario Kart 8 could see, through the anti-gravity, a connection to F-Zero. But I don’t know, at this point, what direction we could go in with a new F-Zero."

GX was really one hell of a game. In fact, it is one of the few games which really made me feel like a genuine bad-ass playing it. That awesome techno-pop music and the SPEED!

If they fleshed out the world, new tracks, perhaps flesh out one city where you can walk around....IT'S ALL IT NEEDS MIYAMOTO!

GET THAT SH!T IN HD!!!!!

Edited by Fused King

I'm really starting to dislike this 'Miyamoto' character. I mean, who is he anyway.

GX was really one hell of a game. In fact, it is one of the few games which really made me feel like a genuine bad-ass playing it. That awesome techno-pop music and the SPEED!

If they fleshed out the world, new tracks, perhaps flesh out one city where you can walk around....IT'S ALL IT NEEDS MIYAMOTO!

GET THAT SH!T IN HD!!!!!

Unfortunately, it doesn't sell, and the GBA games sold less and less with each iteration to the point the third one didn't do well enough for them to even bother localising.

I, too, want F-Zero U. However, now is not the time.

GET THAT SH!T IN HD!!!!!

Isnt it there job to come up with ideas.

Unfortunately, it doesn't sell, and the GBA games sold less and less with each iteration to the point the third one didn't do well enough for them to even bother localising.

I, too, want F-Zero U. However, now is not the time.

That is the reality of the situation. The franchise doesnt just shift enough units.

Edited by liger05

"I certainly understand that people want a new F-Zero game," Miyamoto said. "I think where I struggle is that I don’t really have a good idea for what’s new that we could bring to F-Zero that would really turn it into a great game again. Certainly I can see how people looking at Mario Kart 8 could see, through the anti-gravity, a connection to F-Zero. But I don’t know, at this point, what direction we could go in with a new F-Zero."

See I hate bull$h!t like this. Mario Kart is stale yet gets iteration after iteration. It's the game borrowing ideas from F-Zero. Since when did F-Zero become a bad game that you need to turn it into a great game again? Lies. F-Zero GX in HD would be better than any other racer. Just tell the truth. It's all about the Benjamins. If Nintendo could market $h!t in a box and sell it by the millions they would. In fact they did. They sold a lot of it on the Wii and DS but the casuals have long been chased off by the stink.

GET THAT SH!T IN HD!!!!!

I know, right?!

I mean sometimes less is more. Just keep it simple and improve the failures. Once that happens then you can think of creating new ideas and gambling on tampering with stuff until the games are ruined.

Start with stunning visuals. Cool gameplay mechanics. Excellent track designs with a brilliant story mode. Maybe next-gen it up by merging the single player and multiplayer in ways if possible. Voice chat. Leaderboards. Multiplayer modes perhaps. at least 16 players online. 4 player per console optional. Vehicle customisation in smart ways. Etc etc etc.

Nail the basics then go onto the drawing board to brainstorm on new ways to play.

Ooh I forgot the Wiiu Gamepad... Think of interesting ways that could be used.

Take this approach with each franchise then I'm positive games and consoles will fly off shelves. Even more so if the get the attractive third party titles.

Bloody hell nintendo are cunts sometimes.

Edit - phuckit: 5 players per console optional. Four on tv one on upad.

Edited by Beverage

Mostly at all of the E3 Direct. I think part of it was that the US stream had issues, but basically each game got booed

I think it was probably more to do with we already knew about these games and people were probably hoping for a surprise.

I think it was probably more to do with we already knew about these games and people were probably hoping for a surprise.

Yes, we knew about the games...and just that. We knew they existed, we knew NOTHING about them. It's a bit ridiculous to complain at that

It's okay. They'll be cheering when they finally play them :p

Indeed. This was the strongest E3 showing Nintendo has EVER had

Home console 3D Mario? Check

Home console 2D Mario? Check but DLC

Mario Kart? Check

Smash Bros? On two consoles - Check

Zelda? HD remake and new 2D game - Check

3D Pokémon? Check

Second Donkey Kong Country game in 16 years? Check

Soon-to-be-release new IP? Check

Later pseudo-new IP? Check (X)

Revival of critically acclaimed franchise? Check (Bayonetta)

Yet, all these things are not enough for the Internet. I swear, if Nintendo gave everyone a puppy with a Wii U, people would complain it's not enough.

Yes, there were few surprises, but welcome to E3. There never are many anymore

It does seem though the January Nintendo Direct was possibly a bit counter-productive. It got them good press at the time obviously but announcing that they'll be revealing all these games at E3 built a huge amount of hype that they could never live up to. Though really, it's just the 3D Mario announcement that's "somewhat" disappointed. If they'd released 3D World, Mario Kart, Zelda etc out of the blue I think people would have been a lot happier.

It does seem though the January Nintendo Direct was possibly a bit counter-productive. It got them good press at the time obviously but announcing that they'll be revealing all these games at E3 built a huge amount of hype that they could never live up to. Though really, it's just the 3D Mario announcement that's "somewhat" disappointed. If they'd released 3D World, Mario Kart, Zelda etc out of the blue I think people would have been a lot happier.

Yeah, I get why they revealed them then, since things were looking "bad", but the reaction would have been better at E3 if not.

Then again, we'd have even more "What the hell, a Wind Waker remake? Where's my proper game?" and things like that